Bidirectional inhibitory interactions between the embryonic chicken metanephros and lumbosacral nerves in vitro
Article first published online: 29 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 231, Issue 1, pages 190–198, September 2004
How to Cite
Silver, L., Qiang, L., Loudon, R. and Gallo, G. (2004), Bidirectional inhibitory interactions between the embryonic chicken metanephros and lumbosacral nerves in vitro. Dev. Dyn., 231: 190–198. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20111
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 29 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 APR 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 6 APR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAR 2004
- Drexel University
- 1991. P0 is an early marker of the Schwann cell lineage in chickens. Neuron 7: 831–844. , , , .
- 2002. Boundary formation in the hindbrain: Eph only it were simple… Trends Neurosci 25: 260–267. , .
- 2002. Ephrins in reverse, park and drive. Trends Cell Biol 12: 339–346. , .
- 1999. Affinity purification of plasma membranes. J Biomol Tech 10: 64–71. , .
- 2001. Pattern of self-organization in tumour systems: complex growth dynamics in a novel brain tumour spheroid model. Cell Prolif 34: 115–134. , , , , , .
- 2002. Sympathetic nervous system and the kidney in hypertension. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 11: 197–200. .
- 1996. An ultrastructural study of the development of the chicken perineurial sheath. J Anat 189: 631–641. , , , .
- 2003. Cell-based immune therapy for metastatic renal cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 3: 837–849. , .
- 1998. Involvement of microtubules in the regulation of neuronal growth cone morphologic remodeling. J Neurobiol 35: 121–140. .
- 1999. Different contributions of microtubule dynamics and transport to the growth of axons and collateral sprouts. J Neurosci 19: 3860–3873. , .
- 2004. Regulation of growth cone actin filaments by guidance cues. J Neurobiol 58: 92–102. , .
- 1949. Proliferation, differentiation and degeneration in the spinal ganglia of the chick embryo under normal and experimental conditions. J Exp Zool 111: 457–502. , .
- 1999. Eph receptors and ephrins: effectors of morphogenesis. Development 126: 2033–2044. , .
- 1996. Spontaneous architectural organization of mammalian epidermis from random cell packing. J Invest Dermatol 106: 312–315. , , .
- 1999. Self-organization of periodic patterns by dissociated feather mesenchymal cells and the regulation of size, number and spacing of primordia. Development 126: 4997–5009. , , , .
- 1943. Recherces quantitatives sur le marche du processus de differenciation des neurons dans les ganglions spinaux de l'embryon de Poulet. Arch Biol 54: 189–206. , .
- 1993. Collapsin: a protein in brain that induces the collapse and paralysis of neuronal growth cones. Cell 75: 217–227. , , .
- 1993. Contact-mediated mechanisms of motor axon segmentation. J Neurosci 13: 3773–3792. , .
- 2002. Temporal regulation of neuropilin-1 expression and sensitivity to semaphorin 3A in NGF- and NT3-responsive chick sensory neurons. J Neurobiol 51: 43–53. , , .
- 2003. Cell migration: integrating signals from front to back. Science 302: 1704–1709. , , , , , , , .
- 1922. Development and growth of the metanephros or permanent kidney in the chick embryo. Johns Hopkins Hosp Bull 381: 392–406.
- 1989. Antibodies to the L1 adhesion molecule inhibit Schwann cell ensheathment of neurons in vitro. J Cell Biol 109: 3095–3103. , , .
- 2003. Neurite elongation on chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans is characterized by axonal fasciculation. Exp Neurol 182: 310–321. , , , , .
- 2003) Independent roles of Rho-GTPases in growth cone and axonal behavior. J Neurobiol 54: 358–369. , . (
- 1988a. Somites and axon guidance. Scanning Microsc 2: 427–442. .
- 1988b. Proximal tissues and patterned neurite outgrowth at the lumbosacral level of the chick embryo: partial and complete deletion of the somite. Dev Biol 127: 266–286. .
- 2000. Influence of laminin-2 on Schwann cell-axon interactions. Glia 32: 109–121. , , .
- 2002. Ontogeny of semaphorins 3A and 3F and their receptors neuropilins 1 and 2 in the kidney. Gene Expr Patterns 2: 151–155. , .
- 1980. Responses to cell contacts between growth cones, neurites and ganglionic nonneuronal cells. J Neurocytol 9: 647–664. , , , , .