What's Cool in Dev Bio
The Tbx-files: The truth is out there
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 231, Issue 1, pages 232–236, September 2004
How to Cite
Kiefer, J. C. (2004), The Tbx-files: The truth is out there. Dev. Dyn., 231: 232–236. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20122
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 APR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 9 APR 2004
- 2002. T-box gene tbx5 is essential for formation of the pectoral limb bud. Nature 417: 754–758. , , , , .
- 2002. The zebrafish T-box genes no tail and spadetail are required for development of trunk and tail mesoderm and medial floor plate. Development 129: 3311–3323. , , , .
- 1997. Mutations in human TBX3 alter limb, apocrine and genital development in ulnar-mammary syndrome. Nat Genet 16: 311–315. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Mutations in human TBX5 [corrected] cause limb and cardiac malformation in Holt-Oram syndrome. Nat Genet 15: 30–35. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. The T-box transcription factor gene TBX22 is mutated in X-linked cleft palate and ankyloglossia. Nat Genet 29: 179–183. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. A murine model of Holt-Oram syndrome defines roles of the T-box transcription factor Tbx5 in cardiogenesis and disease. Cell 106: 709–721. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Brachyury-related transcription factor Tbx2 and repression of the melanocyte-specific TRP-1 promoter. Mol Cell Biol 18: 5099–5108. , , , , .
- 1998. The T-box transcription factor Brachyury regulates expression of eFGF through binding to a non-palindromic response element. Development 125: 3887–3894. , , , .
- 2004. Tbx2 represses expression of connexin43 in osteoblastic-like cells. Calcif Tissue Int. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Determinants of T box protein specificity. Development 128: 3749–3758. , , , , .
- 1999. Regulation of Ci-tropomyosin-like, a Brachyury target gene in the ascidian, Ciona intestinalis. Development 126: 5599–5609. , .
- 1996. Evidence of a role for T-box genes in the evolution of limb morphogenesis and the specification of forelimb/hindlimb identity. Mech Dev 56: 93–101. , , , , , , .
- 2003. An interacting network of T-box genes directs gene expression and fate in the zebrafish mesoderm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100: 9410–9415. , , , , , .
- 2001. Mutation analysis of TBX1 in non-deleted patients with features of DGS/VCFS or isolated cardiovascular defects. J Med Genet 38: E45. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The T-box transcription factors TBX-37 and TBX-38 link GLP-1/Notch signaling to mesoderm induction in C. elegans embryos. Development 131: 1967–1978. , , , , , .
- 2002. Cloning and expression analysis of the chick ortholog of TBX22, the gene mutated in X-linked cleft palate and ankyloglossia. Mech Dev 117: 321–325. , , , , .
- 1999. Transcription repression by Xenopus ET and its human ortholog TBX3, a gene involved in ulnar-mammary syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 10212–10217. , , , , .
- 1990. Cloning of the T gene required in mesoderm formation in the mouse. Nature 343: 617–622. , , , , .
- 2001. Tbx5 associates with Nkx2-5 and synergistically promotes cardiomyocyte differentiation. Nat Genet 28: 276–280. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Nuclear translocation and transcription regulation by the membrane-associated guanylate kinase CASK/LIN-2. Nature 404: 298–302. , , , .
- 2000. Regulation of the early expression of the Xenopus nodal-related 1 gene, Xnr1. Development 127: 1221–1229. , .
- 2001. DiGeorge syndrome phenotype in mice mutant for the T-box gene, Tbx1. Nat Genet 27: 286–291. , .
- 1989. A mutation that changes cell movement and cell fate in the zebrafish embryo. Nature 337: 358–362. , , , , .
- 1993. The Brachyury gene encodes a novel DNA binding protein. EMBO J 12: 3211–3220. , .
- 1995. The T protein encoded by Brachyury is a tissue-specific transcription factor. EMBO J 14: 4763–4772. , , .
- 2001. A pituitary cell-restricted T box factor, Tpit, activates POMC transcription in cooperation with Pitx homeoproteins. Cell 104: 849–859. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Molecular characterization of a new human T-box gene (TBX22) located in xq21.1 encoding a protein containing a truncated T-domain. Gene 255: 289–296. , .
- 1997. Holt-Oram syndrome is caused by mutations in TBX5, a member of the Brachyury (T) gene family. Nat Genet 15: 21–29. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Tbx1 haploinsufficiency in the DiGeorge syndrome region causes aortic arch defects in mice. Nature 410: 97–101. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Tbx19, a tissue-selective regulator of POMC gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 8674–8679. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. TBX1 is responsible for cardiovascular defects in velo-cardio-facial/DiGeorge syndrome. Cell 104: 619–629. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Crystallographic structure of the T domain-DNA complex of the Brachyury transcription factor. Nature 389: 884–888. , .
- 2003. Loss of Tbx4 blocks hindlimb development and affects vascularization and fusion of the allantois. Development 130: 2681–2693. , .
- 1997. The T transcription factor functions as a dimer and exhibits a common human polymorphism Gly-177-Asp in the conserved DNA-binding domain. FEBS Lett 409: 201–206. , , .
- 1999. The human TBX6 gene: cloning and assignment to chromosome 16p11.2. Genomics 55: 238–241. , , , .
- 2003. The zebrafish van gogh mutation disrupts tbx1, which is involved in the DiGeorge deletion syndrome in humans. Development 130: 5043–5052. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Differential expression and function of Tbx5 and Tbx20 in cardiac development. J Biol Chem 279: 19026–19034. , .
- 2003. Tbx5 is required for forelimb bud formation and continued outgrowth. Development 130: 2741–2751. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The T-box genes Tbx4 and Tbx5 regulate limb outgrowth and identity. Nature 398: 814–818. , , , , , .
- 1999. Evolutionary alterations of the minimal promoter for notochord-specific Brachyury expression in ascidian embryos. Development 126: 3725–3734. , , , .
- 1999. Tbx5 and Tbx4 genes determine the wing/leg identity of limb buds. Nature 398: 810–814. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Direct and indirect regulation of derriere, a Xenopus mesoderm-inducing factor, by VegT. Development 129: 4867–4876. , , , .
- 1996. Xenopus VegT RNA is localized to the vegetal cortex during oogenesis and encodes a novel T-box transcription factor involved in mesodermal patterning. Development 122: 4119–4129. , .