Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of mouse Foxi class genes in early craniofacial development
Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 231, Issue 3, pages 640–646, November 2004
How to Cite
Ohyama, T. and Groves, A. K. (2004), Expression of mouse Foxi class genes in early craniofacial development. Dev. Dyn., 231: 640–646. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20160
- Issue online: 29 SEP 2004
- Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 18 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Received: 30 JAN 2004
- House Ear Institute
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: DC04876
- 2001. Vertebrate cranial placodes I. Embryonic induction. Dev Biol 232: 1–61. , .
- 1999. Competence, specification and induction of Pax-3 in the trigeminal placode. Development 126: 147–156. , , , .
- 2001. Integration between the epibranchial placodes and the hindbrain. Science 294: 595–598. , .
- 2003. Development of auditory and vestibular systems-3. New York: Academic Press. 116–149 p. , , .
- 2002. Forkhead transcription factors: key players in development and metabolism. Dev Biol 250: 1–23. , .
- 1998. The bHLH protein NEUROGENIN 2 is a determination factor for epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Neuron 20: 483–494. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Competence, specification and commitment in otic placode induction. Development 127: 3489–3499. , .
- 1998. The winged helix transcription factor Fkh10 is required for normal development of the inner ear. Nat Genet 20: 374–376. , , , .
- 2003. Lack of pendrin expression leads to deafness and expansion of the endolymphatic compartment in inner ears of Foxi1 null mutant mice. Development 130: 2013–2025. , , , , , , , .
- 1963. The determination and positioning of the nose, lens and ear. Iii. Effects of reversing the antero-posterior axis of epidermis, neural plate and neural fold. J Exp Zool 154: 293–303. .
- 1966. Inductive processes in embryonic development. Science 152: 25–34. .
- 2000. Unified nomenclature for the winged helix/forkhead transcription factors. Genes Dev 14: 142–146. , , .
- 1999. The anatomical basis of mouse development. New York: Academic Press. 60–76 p. , .
- 1996. Five years on the wings of fork head. Mech Dev 57: 3–20. , .
- 1990. HNF-3A, a hepatocyte-enriched transcription factor of novel structure is regulated transcriptionally. Genes Dev 4: 1427–1436. , , , , ,
- 1991. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 alpha belongs to a gene family in mammals that is homologous to the Drosophila homeotic gene fork head. Genes Dev 5: 416–427. , , , ,
- 2003. The zebrafish forkhead transcription factor Foxi1 specifies epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Development 130: 2669–2679. , , , , .
- 1994. Spatial and temporal transcription patterns of the forkhead related XFD-2/XFD-2′ genes in Xenopus laevis embryos. Mech Dev 45: 117–126. , , , , .
- 1996. A chick homologue of Serrate and its relationship with Notch and Delta homologues during central neurogenesis. Dev Biol 174: 233–247. , , , .
- 2003. Zebrafish foxi one modulates cellular responses to Fgf signaling required for the integrity of ear and jaw patterning. Development 130: 2543–2554. , , , , .
- 2004. Generation of Pax2-Cre mice by modification of a Pax2 bacterial artificial chromosome. Genesis 38: 195–199. , .
- 1997. The winged helix transcriptional activator HFH-3 is expressed in the distal tubules of embryonic and adult mouse kidney. J Biol Chem 272: 13725–13730. , , , , .
- 2002. Sequence and expression of FoxB2 (XFD-5) and FoxI1c (XFD-10) in Xenopus embryogenesis. Mech Dev 117: 283–287. , , , .
- 2000. Differential expression of orthologous Dlx genes in zebrafish and mice: implications for the evolution of the Dlx homeobox gene family. J Exp Zool 288: 235–241. , , .
- 2003a. Zebrafish foxi1 mediates otic placode formation and jaw development. Development 130: 929–940. , , , .
- 2003b. Expression and phylogenetic analyses of three zebrafish FoxI class genes. Dev Dyn 228: 301–307. , , .
- 2002. Extensive cell movements accompany formation of the otic placode. Dev Biol 249: 237–254. .
- 1990. The fork head domain: a novel DNA binding motif of eukaryotic transcription factors? Cell 63: 455–456. , .
- 1989. The homeotic gene fork head encodes a nuclear protein and is expressed in the terminal regions of the Drosophila embryo. Cell 57: 645–658. , , , , .
- 1998. An early phase of embryonic Dlx5 expression defines the rostral boundary of the neural plate. J Neurosci 18: 8322–8330. , , , , , .