Role of a spatial distribution of IP3 receptors in the Ca2+ dynamics of the Xenopus embryo at the mid-blastula transition stage
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 232, Issue 2, pages 301–312, February 2005
How to Cite
Díaz, J., Pastor, N. and Martínez-Mekler, G. (2005), Role of a spatial distribution of IP3 receptors in the Ca2+ dynamics of the Xenopus embryo at the mid-blastula transition stage. Dev. Dyn., 232: 301–312. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20238
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2004
- Conacyt. Grant Numbers: 128432, G34524-E, 34203-E
- 1993. A single-pool model for intracellular calcium oscillations and waves in the Xenopus laevis oocyte. Biophys J 65: 1727–1739. , , , .
- 2000. Signal transduction pathways triggered by fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes after fibroblast growth facto 1 addition. Role of Grb2, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Scr tyrosine kinase, and phopsholipase Cγ. Eur J Biochem 267: 6256–6263. , , .
- 1998. The T-box transcription factor Brachyury regulates expression of eFGF through binding to a non-palindromic response element. Development 125: 3887–3894. , , , .
- 1999. Spatial response to fibroblast growth factor signaling in Xenopus embryos. Development 126: 119–125. , .
- 2002. Interaction of the IP3-Ca2+ and the FGF–MAPK signaling pathways in the Xenopus laevis embryo: a qualitative approach to the mesodermal induction problem. Biophys Chem 97: 55–72. , , , .
- 2004. Interaction of the IP3-Ca2+ and MAPK Signaling Systems in the Xenopus blastomere: a possible frequency encoding mechanism for the control of the Xbra gene expression. Bull Math Biol (in press). , .
- 1998. Calcium oscillations increase the efficiency and specificity of gene expression. Nature 392: 933–936. , , .
- 1996. Biochemical oscillations and cellular rhythms. The molecular bases of periodic and chaotic behaviour. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 605 p. .
- 2002. Morphogen gradients, positional information and Xenopus: interplay of theory and experiment. Dev Dyn 225: 392–408. .
- 1984. Patterns of junctional communication in the early amphibian embryo. Nature 311: 149–151. .
- 2001. Intercellular Ca2+ wave propagation through gap-junctional Ca2+ diffusion: a theoretical study. Biophys J 80: 75–87. , , .
- 1998. Mathematical physiology. New York: Springer-Verlag. 766 p. , .
- 1999. Role of the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor in early embryonic development. Cell Mol Life Sci 56: 296–304. .
- 1997. Developmental expression of the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor and localization of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate during early embryogenesis in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev 66: 157–168. , , , .
- 2000. Switching from simple to complex oscillations in calcium signaling. Biophys J 79: 1188–1195. , , , , , .
- 2000. Gap junctional communication in the early Xenopus embryo. J Cell Biol 150: 929–936. , , .
- 2003. Multiple connexins contribute to intercellular communication in the Xenopus embryo. J Cell Sci 116: 29–38. , , , .
- 2000. Imaging patterns of calcium transients during neural induction in Xenopus laevis embryos. J Cell Sci 113: 3519–3529. , , , , .
- 2003. Calcium transients triggered by planar signals induce the expression of ZIC3 gene during neural induction in Xenopus. Dev Biol 261: 381–390. , , , , .
- 2003. Dual regulation of calcium oscillation in astrocytes by growth factors and pro-inflammatory cytokines via the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade. J Neurosci 23: 10944–10952. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Kinetics of basic fibroblast growth factor binding to its receptor and heparan sulfate proteoglycan: a mechanism for co-operativity. Biochemistry 37: 8876–8883. , .
- 1990. Characterization of protein kinase C in early Xenopus embryogenesis. Development 110: 461–470. , , , , .
- 2001. Calcium mediates dorsoventral patterning of mesoderm in Xenopus. Curr Biol 11: 1606–1610. , , .
- 2000. Activin signal transduction pathways. Trends Endocrinol Metab 11: 309–314. , .
- 2000. Ruled by waves? Intracellular and intercellular calcium signaling. Acta Physiol Scand 169: 203–219. , .
- 1998. Identification of phosphorylated proteins associated with the fibroblast growth factor receptor type I during early Xenopus development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244: 763–767. , , .
- 2002. The wnt/calcium pathway activates NF-AT and promotes ventral cell fate in Xenopus embryo. Nature 417: 295–299. , , , .
- 2002. β-catenin, MAPK and Smad signaling during early Xenopus development. Development 129: 37–52. , .
- 2001. Essential developmental biology. Oxford: Blackwell Science Ltd. 256 p. .
- 2003. Calcium signalling during embryonic development. Nature Rev Mol Cell Biol 4: 539–551. , .
- 2002. Principles of development. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 542 p. , , , , , .