Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of a novel zebrafish zinc finger gene, gli2b, is affected in Hedgehog and Notch signaling related mutants during embryonic development
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 232, Issue 2, pages 479–486, February 2005
How to Cite
Ke, Z., Emelyanov, A., Lim, S. E. S., Korzh, V. and Gong, Z. (2005), Expression of a novel zebrafish zinc finger gene, gli2b, is affected in Hedgehog and Notch signaling related mutants during embryonic development. Dev. Dyn., 232: 479–486. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20242
- Issue online: 13 JAN 2005
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 31 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 2004
- National University of Singapore and Biomedical Research Council (BMRC)
- Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
- 1998. Zebrafish hox clusters and vertebrate genome evolution. Science 282: 1711–1714. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Proteolysis that is inhibited by hedgehog targets Cutibitus interruptus protein to the nucleus and converts it to a repressor. Cell 89: 1043–1053. , , , , .
- 1995. Patterning activities of vertebrate hedgehog proteins in the developing eye and brain. Curr Biol 5 8: 944–955. , , , , , , .
- 1999. A radiation hybrid map of the zebrafish genome. Nat Genet 23: 86–89. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Cloning and sequencing of the mouse Gli2 gene: localization to the Dominant hemimelia critical region. Genomics 39: 205–215. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Expression of three mouse homologs of the Drosophila segment polarity gene cubitus interruptus, Gli, Gli-2 and Gli-3, in ectoderm-and mesoderm-derived tissues suggests multiple roles during postimplantation development. Dev Biol 162: 402–413. , , , , .
- 2003. Mind bomb is a ubiquitin ligase that is essential for efficient activation of Notch signaling by Delta. Dev Cell 4: 67–82. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Comparative synteny cloning of zebrafish you-too: mutations in the hedgehog target gli2 affect ventral forebrain patterning. Genes Dev 13: 388–393. , , .
- 2003. Genetic analysis of zebrafish gli1 and gli2 reveals divergent requirements for gli genes in vertebrate development. Development 130: 1549–1564. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 1988. The GLI gene is a member of the Kruppel family of zinc-finger proteins. Nature 332: 371–374. , , , .
- 1998. Expression of zebrafish bHLH genes ngn1 and nrd defines distinct stages of neural differentiation. Dev Dyn 213: 92–104. , , , , .
- 1998. Characterization of whole genome radiation hybrid mapping resources for non-mammalian vertebrates. Nucleic Acids Res 26: 3562–3566. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel zebrafish gli family gene, gliN. B.Sc (Honours) thesis, National University of Singapore. .
- 1996. Sonic hedgehog differentially regulates expression of GLI and GLI3 during limb development. Dev Biol 180: 273–283. , , , .
- 1998. Gli2 is required for the induction of floor plate and adjacent cells, but not most ventral neurons in the mouse central nervous system. Development 125: 2759–2770. , , , , .
- 1998. Fork head domain genes in zebrafish. Dev Genes Evol 208: 245–258. , .
- 2000. Mouse Gli1 mutants are viable but have defects in SHH signaling in combination with a Gli2 mutation. Development 127: 1593–1605. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Combinatorial Gli function in floor plate and neuronal inductions by Sonic hedgehog. Development 125: 2203–2212. .
- 1988. The GLI-Kruppel family of human genes. Mol Cell Biol 8: 3104–3113. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Sonic hedgehog is not required for the induction of medial floor plate cells in the zebrafish. Development 125: 2983–2993. , , , , , .
- 1990. Organization of hindbrain segments in the zebrafish embryos. Neuron 4: 669–679. , , .
- 2000. Hedgehog-regulated processing of Gli3 produces an anterior/posterior repressor gradient in the developing vertebrate limb. Cell 100: 423–434. , , .
- 2003. Zebrafish atonal homologue zath3 is expressed during neurogenesis in embryonic development. Dev Dyn 227: 587–592. , , , .
- 1998. GLI activates transcription through a herpes simplex viral protein 16-like activation domains. J Biol Chem 273: 3496–3501. , , , , , .