Fibrous component of the blastocoelic extracellular matrix shapes epithelia in concert with mesenchyme cells in starfish embryos
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 232, Issue 4, pages 915–927, April 2005
How to Cite
Kaneko, H., Okai, M., Murabe, N., Shimizu, T., Ikegami, S. and Dan-Sohkawa, M. (2005), Fibrous component of the blastocoelic extracellular matrix shapes epithelia in concert with mesenchyme cells in starfish embryos. Dev. Dyn., 232: 915–927. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20260
- Issue online: 23 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 14 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUL 2004
- Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture of Japan. Grant Number: 08680707
- Keio Gijuku Academic Development Funds
- Keio University Special Grant-in-Aid for Innovative Collaborative Research Projects
- 1986. Changes in structure and location of extracellular matrix of the blastocoel during development of the starfish Pisaster ochraceus. Can J Zool 64: 1436–1443. , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. .
- 1969. Immunochemical techniques for the identification and estimation of macromolecules. In: WorkTS, WorkE, editors. Laboratory techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology. 1st ed. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishers. p 539. .
- 1989. Ultrastructure of the basal lamina and its relationship to extracellular matrix of embryos of the starfish Pisaster ochraceus as revealed by anionic dyes. J Morphol 199: 349–361. .
- 1990. Changes in the arrangement of the extracellular matrix, larval shape, and mesenchyme cell migration during asteroid larval development. J Morphol 206: 147–161. .
- 1982. Genesis and movement of mesenchyme cells in embryos of the starfish Pisaster ochraceus. In: LawrenceJM, editor. International Conference, Tampa Bay. Rotterdam: AA Balkema. p 505–511. , .
- 1997. Ultrastructure and synthesis of the extracellular matrix of Pisaster ochraceus embryos preserved by freeze substitution. J Morphol 232: 133–153. , , .
- 1976. A “normal” development of denuded eggs of the starfish Asterina pectinifera. Dev Growth Differ 18: 439–445. .
- 1989. Sorting out of presumptive stomach cells of the starfish embryo. Dev Growth Differ 31: 503–508. , .
- 1988. Cell lineage conversion in the sea urchin embryo. Dev Biol 125: 396–409. , .
- 1981. Preparation of monoclonal antibodies: strategies and procedures. Methods Enzymol 73: 3–46. , .
- 1988. Antibodies: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 726 p. , .
- 2000. Cell substrate interactions during sea urchin gastrulation: migration primary mesenchyme cells interact with and align extracellular matrix fibers that contain ECM3, a molecule with NG2-like and multiple calcium-binding domains. Dev Biol 222: 181–194. , , , .
- 1983. Geometrical analysis of cells becoming organized into a tensile sheet, the blastular wall, in the starfish. Differentiation 25: 16–22. , , .
- 1969. Induction of spawning and oocyte maturation by 1-methyladenine in starfishes. Exp Cell Res 57: 333–337. .
- 1990. Acellularity of starfish embryonic mesenchyme cells as shown in vitro. Development 109: 129–138. , , , .
- 1995a. Primary culture of mesodermal and endodermal cells of the starfish embryo. Zool Sci 12: 551–558. , , .
- 1995b. A simple method for introducing macromolecules into the blastocoel of living starfish embryos. Zool Sci 12: 559–564. , , , .
- 1982. Microinjection of echinoderm eggs: apparatus and procedures. Methods Cell Biol 25: 13–31. .
- 1984. Polyester wax embedding and sectioning technique for immunohistochemistry. Stain Tech 59: 127–132. , , , , .
- 1989. Existence and functions of a gel filled primary body cavity in development of echinoderms and hemichordates. Biol Bull 176: 25–31. .