Patterns & Phenotypes
Dynamic expression of Wnt signaling-related Dickkopf1, -2, and -3 mRNAs in the developing mouse tooth
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 1, pages 161–166, May 2005
How to Cite
Fjeld, K., Kettunen, P., Furmanek, T., Kvinnsland, I. H. and Luukko, K. (2005), Dynamic expression of Wnt signaling-related Dickkopf1, -2, and -3 mRNAs in the developing mouse tooth. Dev. Dyn., 233: 161–166. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20285
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 3 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2004
- Norwegian Cancer Society
- L. Meltzer's Foundation
- University of Bergen
- Research Council of Norway
- 2004. Interactions between Sox9 and beta-catenin control chondrocyte differentiation. Genes Dev 18: 1072–1087. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. WNT signals are required for the initiation of hair follicle development. Dev Cell 2: 643–653. , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of Wnt/LRP signaling by distinct domains of Dickkopf proteins. Mol Cell Biol 22: 6100–6110. , .
- 1997. Wnt signaling: a common theme in animal development. Genes Dev 11: 3286–3305. , .
- 2003. Functional characterization of WNT7A signaling in PC12 cells: interaction with A FZD5 x LRP6 receptor complex and modulation by Dickkopf proteins. J Biol Chem 278: 37024–37031. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Analysis of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in the initial morphogenesis of the mammalian tooth. Dev Biol 202: 215–227. , .
- 1998. Dickkopf-1 is a member of a new family of secreted proteins and functions in head induction. Nature 391: 357–362. , , , , , .
- 2002. The Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 is regulated by Bmp signaling and c-Jun and modulates programmed cell death. EMBO J 21: 966–975. , .
- 2004. Dickkopf 3 inhibits invasion and motility of Saos-2 osteosarcoma cells by modulating the Wnt-beta-catenin pathway. Cancer Res 64: 2734–2739. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Evidence for the role of the enamel knot as a control center in mammalian tooth cusp formation: non-dividing cells express growth stimulating Fgf-4 gene. Int J Dev Biol 38: 463–469. , , , , .
- 2002. Cbfa1-independent decrease in osteoblast proliferation, osteopenia, and persistent embryonic eye vascularization in mice deficient in Lrp5, a Wnt coreceptor. J Cell Biol 157: 303–314. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Secreted antagonists of the Wnt signalling pathway. J Cell Sci 116: 2627–2634. , .
- 2002. FGF4, a direct target of LEF1 and Wnt signaling, can rescue the arrest of tooth organogenesis in Lef1(−/−) mice. Genes Dev 16: 3173–3185. , , , , .
- 1999. Functional and structural diversity of the human Dickkopf gene family. Gene 238: 301–313. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The Wnt/Ca2+ pathway: a new vertebrate Wnt signaling pathway takes shape. Trends Genet 16: 279–283. , , , , .
- 2004. Mutations in AXIN2 cause familial tooth agenesis and predispose to colorectal cancer. Am J Hum Genet 74: 1043–1050. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Epigenetic signals during odontoblast differentiation. Adv Dent Res 15: 8–13. , , , , , .
- 2003. Identification of a novel putative signaling center, the tertiary enamel knot in the postnatal mouse molar tooth. Mech Dev 120: 270–276. , , , , , .
- 2004. Hypomorphic expression of Dkk1 in the double ridge mouse: dose dependence and compensatory interactions with Lrp6. Development 131: 2543–2552. , , .
- 2003. Kremen2 modulates Dickkopf2 activity during Wnt/LRP6 signaling. Gene 302: 179–183. , .
- 2002. Kremen proteins are Dickkopf receptors that regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signalling. Nature 417: 664–667. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Normal and abnormal dental development. Hum Mol Genet 12(Spec No 1): R69–R73. , .
- 2003. Over- and ectopic expression of Wnt3 causes progressive loss of ameloblasts in postnatal mouse incisor teeth. Connect Tissue Res 44(Suppl 1): 124–129. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Role of Islet1 in the patterning of murine dentition. Development 130: 4451–4460. , , , , .
- 1999. Dickkopf genes are co-ordinately expressed in mesodermal lineages. Mech Dev 87: 45–56. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Dickkopf1 is required for embryonic head induction and limb morphogenesis in the mouse. Dev Cell 1: 423–434. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Immunolocalization of BMP-2/-4, FGF-4, and WNT10b in the developing mouse first lower molar. J Histochem Cytochem 52: 103–112. , , , .
- 2004. Convergence of Wnt, beta-catenin, and cadherin pathways. Science 303: 1483–1487. , .
- 2000. Wnt signaling in oncogenesis and embryogenesis—a look outside the nucleus. Science 287: 1606–1609. , .
- 2000. Dentition development and budding morphogenesis. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 20: 158–172. , , , .
- 1999. Teeth. Where and how to make them. Trends Genet 15: 59–65. , .
- 2003. BMP-2 controls alkaline phosphatase expression and osteoblast mineralization by a Wnt autocrine loop. J Bone Miner Res 18: 1842–1853. , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes during tooth development. Mech Dev 85: 197–200. , .
- 2000. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by exogenous Mfrzb1 protein affects molar tooth size. J Dent Res 79: 920–925. , .
- 2003. Epithelial-mesenchymal signalling regulating tooth morphogenesis. J Cell Sci 116: 1647–1648. .
- 1997. The enamel knot: a putative signaling center regulating tooth development. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 62: 257–267. , .
- 2002. The role of growth factors in tooth development. Int Rev Cytol 217: 93–135. , .
- 1998. Transformation of tooth type induced by inhibition of BMP signaling. Science 282: 1136–1138. , , .
- 1994. Development of several organs that require inductive epithelial-mesenchymal interactions is impaired in LEF-1-deficient mice. Genes Dev 8: 2691–2703. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Wnt proteins are lipid-modified and can act as stem cell growth factors. Nature 423: 448–452. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Mutual antagonism between dickkopf1 and dickkopf2 regulates Wnt/beta-catenin signalling. Curr Biol 10: 1611–1614. , , , .