Patterns & Phenotypes
Temporal and spatial expression profile of the novel armadillo-related gene, Alex2, during testicular differentiation in the mouse embryo
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 1, pages 188–193, May 2005
How to Cite
Smith, C. A., McClive, P. J. and Sinclair, A. H. (2005), Temporal and spatial expression profile of the novel armadillo-related gene, Alex2, during testicular differentiation in the mouse embryo. Dev. Dyn., 233: 188–193. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20309
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 3 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Received: 5 OCT 2004
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
- 1998, Sites of estrogen receptor and aromatase expression in the chicken embryo. Gen Comp Endocrinol 108: 182–190. , , .
- 2004. One tissue, two fates: molecular genetic analysis of testis versus ovary development. Nat Rev Genet 5: 509–521. , .
- 1993. Mesonephric contribution to testis differentiation in the fetal mouse. Development 117: 273–281. , , .
- 2001. Mesenchymal cell precursors of peritubular smooth muscle cells of the mouse testis can be identified by the presence of the p75 neurotrophin receptor. Biol Reprod 64: 464–472. , , , , .
- 1999. Migration of mesonephric cells into the mammalian gonad depends on Sry. Mech Dev 84: 127–131. , , , .
- 2003. Chemotactic role of neurotrophin 3 in the embryonic testis that facilitates male sex determination. Biol Reprod 68: 2033–2037. , , .
- 1999. The armadillo family of structural proteins. Int Rev Cytol 186: 179–225. .
- 2003. Wnt4 overexpression disrupts normal testicular vasculature and inhibits testosterone synthesis by repressing steroidogenic factor 1/β-catenin synergy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100: 10866–10871. , , , , .
- 2001. ALEX1, a novel human armadillo repeat protein that is expressed differentially in normal tissues and carcinomas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280: 340–347. , , , .
- 1997. Male-specific migration into the developing gonad. Curr Biol 7: 958–968. , , , , .
- 2001. Rapid extraction and PCR-sexing of mouse embryos. Mol Reprod Dev 60: 225–226. , .
- 2003. Subtractive hybridisation screen identifies sexually dimorphic gene expression in the embryonic mouse gonad. Genesis 37: 84–90. , , , , .
- 1994. A repeating amino acid motif shared by proteins with diverse cellular roles. Cell 7: 789–791. , , .
- 1999. Gene expression during gonadogenesis in the chicken embryo. Gene 234: 395–402. , , .
- 2003. DMRT1 is upregulated in the gonads during female-to-male sex reversal in ZW chicken embryos. Biol Reprod 68: 560–570. , , .
- 1999. Mammalian sex determination: a molecular drama. Genes Dev 13: 755–767. , .
- 1999. Mesonephric cell migration induces testis cord formation and Sertoli cell differentiation in the mammalian gonad. Development 126: 2883–2890. , .
- 1987. Autonomous requirement for the segment polarity gene armadillo during Drosophila embryogenesis. Cell 49: 177–184. , .