Patterns & Phenotypes
Identification of cis-element regulating expression of the mouse Fgf10 gene during inner ear development
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 1, pages 177–187, May 2005
How to Cite
Ohuchi, H., Yasue, A., Ono, K., Sasaoka, S., Tomonari, S., Takagi, A., Itakura, M., Moriyama, K., Noji, S. and Nohno, T. (2005), Identification of cis-element regulating expression of the mouse Fgf10 gene during inner ear development. Dev. Dyn., 233: 177–187. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20319
- Issue online: 6 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 18 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2004
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan
- Tanabe Medical Frontier Conference
- 2003. Requirements for FGF3 and FGF10 during inner ear formation. Development 130: 6329–6338. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Vertebrate cranial placodes I. Embryonic induction. Dev Biol 232: 1–61. , .
- 2001. A specific promoter of the sensory cells of the inner ear defined by transgenesis. Hum Mol Genet 10: 1581–1589. , , .
- 1994. A novel NK-related mouse homeobox gene: expression in central and peripheral nervous structures during embryonic development. Dev Biol 162: 288–303. , , , .
- 2002. BMP pathways are involved in otic capsule formation and epithelial-mesenchymal signaling in the developing chicken inner ear. Dev Biol 251: 380–394. , , .
- 2004. The development of semicircular canals in the inner ear: role of FGFs in sensory cristae. Development 131: 4201–4211. , , , .
- 1992. Developmental defects of the ear, cranial nerves and hindbrain resulting from targeted disruption of the mouse homeobox gene Hox-1.6. Nature 355: 516–520. , , .
- 2003. Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochlea. Development 130: 2375–2384. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. An important role for the IIIb isoform of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in mesenchymal-epithelial signalling during mouse organogenesis. Development 127: 483–492. , , , , , .
- 1996. Role of transcription factors Brn-3.1 and Brn-3.2 in auditory and visual system development. Nature 381: 603–606. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Involvement of programmed cell death in morphogenesis of the vertebrate inner ear. Development 124: 2451–2461. , , , , .
- 1999. Development of the vertebrate ear: insights from knockouts and mutants. Trends Neurosci 22: 263–269. .
- 1998. Nkx5-1 controls semicircular canal formation in the mouse inner ear. Development 125: 33–39. , , , , .
- 2001. Transcription factor GATA-3 alters pathway selection of olivocochlear neurons and affects morphogenesis of the ear. J Comp Neurol 429: 615–630. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of synergistic signals initiating inner ear development. Science 290: 1965–1967. , , , , .
- 2004. GATA3 and NeuroD distinguish auditory and vestibular neurons during development of the mammalian inner ear. Mech Dev 121: 287–299. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Disruption of the Hox-1.6 homeobox gene results in defects in a region corresponding to its rostral domain of expression. Cell 66: 1105–1119. , , , , .
- 1993. Mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the proto-oncogene int-2 have developmental defects in the tail and inner ear. Development 117: 13–28. , , .
- 1993. Two rhombomeres are altered in Hoxa-1 mutant mice. Development 119: 319–338. , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Descriptive and experimental analysis of the epithelial remodellings that control semicircular canal formation in the developing mouse inner ear. Dev Biol 159: 549–558. , .
- 1998. FGF10 is required for both limb and lung development and exhibits striking functional similarity to Drosophila branchless. Genes Dev 12: 3156–3161. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Development of the mouse inner ear and origin of its sensory organs. J Neurosci 18: 3327–3335. , , , , .
- 2001. SOX6 binds CtBP2 to repress transcription from the Fgf-3 promoter. Nucleic Acids Res 29: 3347–3355. , , , , .
- 2002. Determination of the embryonic inner ear. J Neurobiol 53: 100–128. , .
- 2000. FGF10 acts as a major ligand for FGF receptor 2 IIIb in mouse multi-organ development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277: 643–649. , , , , , .
- 1996. Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor family. J Biol Chem 271: 15292–15297. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Expression and function of FGF10 in mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn 227: 203–215. , , , , , .
- 2000. FGF/FGFR-2(IIIb) signaling is essential for inner ear morphogenesis. J Neurosci 20: 6125–6134. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Fgf9 signaling regulates inner ear morphogenesis through epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. Dev Biol 273: 350–360. , , , , .
- 1995. MatInd and MatInspector: new fast and versatile tools for detection of consensus matches in nucleotide sequence data. Nucleic Acids Res 23: 4878–4884. , , , , .
- 1991. The int-2 proto-oncogene is responsible for induction of the inner ear. Nature 353: 561–563. , , , .
- Development of the vertebrate inner ear. 2001. Ann N Y Acad Sci 942: 1–14. , , .
- 2000. Netrin 1 is required for semicircular canal formation in the mouse inner ear. Development 127: 13–22. , , , .
- 1996. Enhancer analysis of the mouse HNF-3 beta gene: regulatory elements for node/notochord and floor plate are independent and consist of multiple sub-elements. Genes Cells 1: 59–72. , .
- 2002. Identification of cis-elements regulating expression of Fgf10 during limb development. Int J Dev Biol 46: 963–967. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. A single protocol to detect transcripts of various types and expression levels in neural tissues and cultured cells: in situ hybridization using digoxigenin-labelled cRNA probes. Histochemistry 100: 431–440. , .
- 2000. PipMaker—a web server for aligning two genomic DNA sequences. Genome Res 10: 577–586. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Fgf10 is essential for limb and lung formation. Nat Genet 2: 1138–1141. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Formation of Rathke's pouch requires dual induction from the diencephalon. Development 125: 4835–4840. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Prx1 and Prx2 in skeletogenesis: roles in the craniofacial region, inner ear and limbs. Development 125: 3831–3842. , , , , .
- 2003. Functional analysis of chicken Sox2 enhancers highlights an array of diverse regulatory elements that are conserved in mammals. Dev Cell 4: 509–519. , , , , .
- 2000. Induction of inner ear fate by FGF3. Development 127: 2011–2019. , , , , .
- 1998. Inner ear and maternal reproductive defects in mice lacking the Hmx3 homeobox gene. Development 125: 621–634. , , .
- 2003. Fgf3 and Fgf10 are required for mouse otic placode induction. Development 130: 3379–3390. , .
- 2004. Mouse FGF15 is the ortholog of human and chick FGF19, but is not uniquely required for otic induction. Dev Biol 269: 264–275. , , , , , .
- 1998. Requirement for Brn-3c in maturation and survival, but not in fate determination of inner ear hair cells. Development 125: 3935–3946. , , , .