Cullin-5 plays multiple roles in cell fate specification and synapse formation during Drosophila development
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Drosophila as a Model System
Volume 232, Issue 3, pages 865–875, March 2005
How to Cite
Ayyub, C., Sen, A., Gonsalves, F., Badrinath, K., Bhandari, P., Shashidhara, L.S., Krishna, S. and Rodrigues, V. (2005), Cullin-5 plays multiple roles in cell fate specification and synapse formation during Drosophila development. Dev. Dyn., 232: 865–875. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20322
- Issue online: 18 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 23 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Received: 7 SEP 2004
- Department of Science and Technology, India
- 2000. A gain-of-function screen for genes that affect the development of the Drosophila Adult external sensory organs. Genetics 155: 733–752. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. An overview of the Notch signalling pathway. Semin Cell Dev Biol 14: 113–119. .
- 2003. Ubiquitination, phosphorylation and acetylation: the molecular basis for p53 regulation. Curr Opin Cell Biol 15: 164–171. , .
- 1993. Imaginal disc development. In: BateM, Martinez AriasA, editors. The development of Drosophila melanogaster. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. p 747–842. .
- 1999. SCF and Cullin/Ring H2-based ubiquitin ligases. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 15: 435–467. .
- 2001. Ubiquitination-dependent mechanisms regulate synaptic growth and function. Nature 412: 449–452. , , , , , .
- 1991. The prospero gene specifies cell fates in the Drosophila central nervous system. Cell 65: 451–464. , , , .
- 2003. The glial cell undergoes apoptosis in the microchaete lineage of Drosophila. Development 130: 123–133. , .
- 2000. Temporal and spatial expression of the cell-cycle regulator cul-1 in Drosophila and its stimulation by radiation-induced apoptosis. J Exp Biol 18: 2747–2756. , , , .
- 2002. Fat facets does a Highwire act at the synapse. Bioessays 24: 13–16. , .
- 1999. Revisiting the Drosophila microchaete lineage: a novel intrinsically asymmetric cell division generates a glial cell. Development 126: 3573–3584. , , .
- 2002. The ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway: destruction for the sake of construction. Physiol Rev 82: 373–428. , .
- 1995. tramtrack acts downstream of numb to specify distinct daughter cell fates during asymmetric cell divisions in the Drosophila PNS. Neuron 14: 913–925. , , , .
- 1999. Assembly and maturation of the Drosophila larval neuromuscular junction. Int Rev Neurobiol 43: 93–117. , .
- 2002. Ubiquitin and the synapse. Nat Rev Neurosci 3: 854–861. , .
- 1996. Ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation. Annu Rev Genet 30: 425–431. .
- 1991. The emergence of sense organs in the wing disc of Drosophila. Development 111: 1087–1095. , , .
- 1994. Genetic control of cell fate specification in the peripheral nervous system. Annu Rev Genet 28: 373–393. , .
- 2000. Sense organ identity in the Drosophila antenna is specified by the expression of the proneural gene atonal. Mech Dev 99: 101–111. , , , .
- 1998. The Elongin BC complex interacts with the conserved SOCS-box motif present in members of the SOCS, ras, WD-40 repeat and ankyrin repeat families. Genes Dev 12: 3872–3881. , , , , , , .
- 1999. A ubiquitin ligase complex essential for the NF-kB, Wnt/Wingless and Hedgehog signaling pathways. Genes Dev 13: 505–510. .
- 1999. Prospero distinguishes sibling cell fate without asymmetric localization in the Drosophila adult external sense organ lineage. Development 126: 2063–2071. , .
- 2004. Cullin-3 regulates pattern formation, external sensory organ development and cell survival during Drosophila development. Mech Dev 121: 1495–1507. , , , , .
- 2002. Distinct protein degradation mechanisms mediated by Cul1 and Cul3 controlling Ci stability in Drosophila eye development. Genes Dev 16: 2403–2414. , , , .
- 2003. Control of protein degradation by E3 ubiquitin ligases in Drosophila eye development. Trends Genet 19: 382–389. , , .
- 2001. Mechanisms underlying ubiquitinylation. Annu Rev Biochem 70: 503–533. .
- 2004. Cullin-based ubiquitin ligases: Cul3-BTB complexes join the family. EMBO J 23: 1681–1687. , , .
- 2001. Degradation of p53 by adenovirus E4orf6 and E1B55K proteins occurs via a novel mechanism involving a cullin-containing complex. Genes Dev 15: 3104–3117. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999a. Sibling cell fate in the Drosophila adult external sense organ lineage is specified by Prospero function, which is regulated by Numb and Notch. Development 126: 2083–2092. , .
- 1999b. A glial cell arises from an additional division with the mechanosensory lineage during development of the microchate on the Drosophila notum. Development 126: 4617–4622. , .
- 2002. Endophilin is critically required for synapse formation and function in Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci 22: 7478–7484. , , , .
- 1998. Systematic gain-of-function genetics in Drosophila. Development 125: 1049–1057. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Drosophila melanogaster chemosensory and muscle development: identification and properties of a novel allele of scalloped and a new locus SG18.1, in a Gal4 enhancer trap screen. J Genet 78: 87–97. , .
- 2000. Drosophila protocols. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 2000. , , .
- 2002. An overexpression screen in Drosophila for genes that restrict growth or cell cycle progression in the developing eye. Genetics 162: 229–243. , .
- 1994. Genetic control of programmed cell death in Drosophila. Science 264: 677–683. , , , , , .
- 1995. Dual functions of wingless in the Drosophila leg imaginal disc. Development 121: 477–488. , .