Patterns & Phenotypes
Novel steroidogenic factor-1 homolog (ff1d) is coexpressed with anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) in zebrafish
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Limb Development
Volume 233, Issue 2, pages 595–604, June 2005
How to Cite
von Hofsten, J., Larsson, A. and Olsson, P.E. (2005), Novel steroidogenic factor-1 homolog (ff1d) is coexpressed with anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) in zebrafish. Dev. Dyn., 233: 595–604. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20335
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 10 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Received: 9 AUG 2004
- Swedish Research Council
- Magnus Bergwall Foundation
- Kempe Memorial Foundation
- 2000. Developmental expression of a novel Ftz-F1 homologue, ff1b (NR5A4), in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Mech Dev 91: 421–426. , .
- 2000. Alpha 1-fetoprotein transcription factor is required for the expression of sterol 12alpha -hydroxylase, the specific enzyme for cholic acid synthesis. Potential role in the bile acid-mediated regulation of gene transcription. J Biol Chem 275: 17793–17799. , .
- 1992. A quantitative and interspecific test for biological activity of anti-Mullerian hormone: the fetal ovary aromatase assay. Development 114: 721–727. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Anti-Mullerian hormone inhibits initiation of primordial follicle growth in the mouse ovary. Endocrinology 143: 1076–1084. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. The alpha1-fetoprotein is activated by a nuclear receptor of the Drosophila FTZ-F1 family. Mol Cell Biol 16: 3853–3865. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. The nuclear receptor SF-1 mediates sexually dimorphic expression of Mullerian inhibiting substance, in vivo. Development 124: 1799–1807. , , .
- 2000. Mullerian inhibiting substance inhibits ovarian cell growth through an Rb-independent mechanism. J Biol Chem 275: 37101–37109. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Steroidogenic factor-1: its role in endocrine organ development and differentiation. Front Neuroendocrinol 20: 199–223. , .
- 2003. Parallel early development of zebrafish interrenal glands and pronephros:differential control by wt1and ff1b. Development 130: 2107–2116. , , .
- 1993. Characterization of the mouse FTZ-F1 gene, which encodes a key regulator of steroid hydroxylase gene expression. Mol Endocrinol 7: 852–860. , , , , , .
- 1994. Developmental expression of mouse steroidogenic factor-1, an essential regulator of the steroid hydroxylases. Mol Endocrinol 8: 654–662. , , , .
- 1999. Analysis of protein and gene expression. In: DietrichHW, WesterfieldM, ZonLI, editors. The zebrafish: biology. Vol. 59. New York: Academic Press. p 63–85. .
- 2001. Generating transparent zebrafish: a refined method to improve detection of gene expression during embryonic development. Mar Biotechnol 3: 522–527. , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 1984. Cloning and transcriptional analysis of the segmentation gene fushi tarazu of Drosophila. Cell 37: 825–831. , , .
- 1991. FTZ-F1, a steroid hormone receptor-like protein implicated in the activation of fushi tarazu. Science 252: 848–851. , , , .
- 1997. Teleost FTZ-F1 homolog and its splicing variant determine the expression of the salmon gonadotropin IIβ subunit gene. Mol Endocrinol 11: 877–890. , , , , .
- 2003. Prox1 is a novel coregulator of ff1b and is involved in the embryonic development of the zebra fish interrenal primordium Mol Cell Biol 23: 7243–7255. , , , , .
- 2002. Spermatogenesis-preventing substance in Japanese eel. Development 129: 2689–2697. , , , .
- 1999. CPF: an orphan nuclear receptor that regulates liver-specific expression of the human cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 6660–6665. , , , , .
- Nuclear Receptors Committee. 1999. A unified nomenclature system for the nuclear receptor superfamily. Cell 97: 161–163.
- 1998. Receptors for anti-Mullerian hormone on Leydig cells are responsible for its effects on steroidogenesis and cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95: 594–599. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The nuclear receptor fetoprotein transcription factor is coexpressed with its target gene HNF-3β in the developing murine liver intestine and pancreas. Mech Dev 89: 185–188. , , , .
- 1995. Mice deficient in the orphan receptor steroidogenic factor 1 lack adrenal glands and gonads but express P450 side-chain-cleavage enzyme in the placenta and have normal embryonic serum levels of corticosteroids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92: 10939–10943. , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. , , .
- 2004. Oocyte regulation of anti-Mullerian hormone expression in granulosa cells during ovarian follicle development in mice. Dev Biol 266: 201–208. , , .
- 1993. Stages of oocyte development in the zebrafish Brachydanio rerio. J Morphol 218: 203–224. , , , .
- 2002. Oocyte apoptosis during the transition from ovary-like tissue to testes during sex differentiation of juvenile zebrafish. J Exp Biol 205: 711–718. , , , .
- 1990. A sequence-specific DNA-binding protein that activates fushi tarazu segmentation gene expression. Genes Dev 4: 624–635. , , , , .
- 1989. Mullerian inhibiting substance in the adult rat ovary during various stages of the estrous cycle. Endocrinology 125: 1060–1066. , , , , , .
- 1984. Production of anti-Mullerian hormone: another homology between Sertoli and granulosa cells. Endocrinology 114: 1315–1320. , , .
- 2001. Developmental expression patterns of FTZ-F1 homologues in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol 121: 146–155. , , , .
- 2003. Fushi tarazu factor-1 mRNA and protein is expressed in steroidogenic and cholesterol metabolising tissues during different life stages in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus). Gen Comp Endocrinol 132: 96–102. , , .
- 1984. Defects in embryogenesis in mutants associated with the antennapedia gene complex of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol 102: 147–172. , , .
- 2003. Synaptonemal complex karyotype of zebrafish. Heredity 90: 136–140. , .
- 2000. The zebrafish book. A guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish (Danio rerio). 4th ed. Eugene: University of Oregon Press. .