Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression patterns of collagen I (α1) encoding gene and muscle-specific genes reveal that the lateral domain of the fish somite forms a connective tissue surrounding the myotome
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Limb Development
Volume 233, Issue 2, pages 605–611, June 2005
How to Cite
Rescan, P.Y., Ralliere, C., Chauvigné, F. and Cauty, C. (2005), Expression patterns of collagen I (α1) encoding gene and muscle-specific genes reveal that the lateral domain of the fish somite forms a connective tissue surrounding the myotome. Dev. Dyn., 233: 605–611. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20337
- Issue published online: 12 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 19 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Received: 8 OCT 2004
- Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA)
- 1973. Normal embryonic stages for salmonid fishes, based on Salmo gairdneri Richardson and Salvelinus fontinalis (Mitchill). J Exp Zool 184: 7–26. .
- 2004. The B-cell maturation factor Blimp-1 specifies vertebrate slow-twitch muscle fiber identity in response to hedgehog signaling. Nat Genet 36: 88–93. , , , , , .
- 1997. Notochord induction of zebrafish slow muscle mediated by Sonic hedgehog. Genes Dev 11: 2163–2175. , , , .
- 2000. Evolution and development of distinct cell lineages derived from somites. Curr Top Dev Biol 48: 1–42. , .
- 2003. A somitic compartment of tendon progenitors. Cell 113: 235–248. , , .
- 2003. Cadherin-mediated differential cell adhesion controls slow muscle cell migration in the developing zebrafish myotome. Dev Cell 6: 865–876. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Induction of a specific muscle cell type by a hedgehog-like protein in zebrafish. Nature 382: 452–455. .
- 1998. The generation and interpretation of positional information within the vertebrate myotome. Mech Dev 73: 3–21. , .
- 1999. Differential expression of two nonallelic MyoD genes in developing and adult myotomal musculature of the trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Dev Genes Evol 209: 432–437. , .
- 1996. Identification of separate slow and fast muscle precursor cells in vivo, prior to somite formation. Development 122: 3371–3380. , , , .
- 1997. Positive and negative regulation of muscle cell identity by members of the hedgehog and TGF-beta gene families. J Cell Biol 139: 145–156. , , , .
- 1978. Human skin collagen. Presence of type I and type III at all levels of the dermis. J Biol Chem 253: 1336–1337. , .
- 2003. Differential expression of the two GH genes during embryonic development of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss in relation with the IGFs system. Mol Reprod Dev 64: 32–40. , , , , , .
- 2002. Dermo-1, a multifunctional basic helix-loop-helix protein, represses MyoD transactivation via the HLH domain, MEF2 interaction, and chromatin deacetylation. J Biol Chem 277: 12310–12317. , .
- 2000. Expression and characterization of Xenopus type I collagen alpha 1 (COL1A1) during embryonic development. Dev Growth Differ 42: 249–256. , , , .
- 2004. Hedgehog regulation of superficial slow muscle fibres in Xenopus and the evolution of tetrapod trunk myogenesis. Development 31: 3249–3262. , , , , , .
- 2000. Somitogenesis in zebrafish. Curr Top Dev Biol 47: 247–277. , .
- 1993. Temperature influences muscle differentiation and the relative timing of organogenesis in herring (Clupea harengus) larvae. Mar Biol 116: 363–379. .
- 1993. The ventral and posterior expression of the zebrafish homeobox gene eve1 is perturbed in dorsalized and mutant embryos. Development 119: 1261–1275. , , , , .
- 1995. Dermo-1: a novel twist-related bHLH protein expressed in the developing dermis. Dev Biol 172: 280–292. , , .
- 1998. Muscle development in gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata, L.) and sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax, L.): further histochemical and ultrastructural aspects. Anat Histol Embryol 27: 223–229. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Sclerotome development and peripheral nervous system segmentation in embryonic zebrafish. Development 124: 159–167. , .
- 1992. Minimal DNA sequences that control the cell lineage-specific expression of the pro alpha 2(I) collagen promoter in transgenic mice. J Cell Biol 119: 1361–1370. , , .
- 1996. Zebrafish Pax9 encodes two proteins with distinct C-terminal transactivating domains of different potency negatively regulated by adjacent N-terminal sequences. J Biol Chem 271: 26914–26923. , , , , , .
- 2001. Dorsal dermis development depends on a signal from the dorsal neural tube, which can be substituted by Wnt-1. Mech Dev 100: 233–244. , , , .
- 2000. Vertebrate segmentation: is cycling the rule? Curr Opin Cell Biol 12: 747–751. .
- 1995. A gene with homology to myogenin is expressed in developing myotomal musculature of the rainbow trout and in vitro during the conversion of myosatellite cells to myotubes. FEBS Lett 362: 89–92. , , .
- 2001. Red and white muscle development in the trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) as shown by in situ hybridisation of fast and slow myosin heavy chain transcripts. J Exp Biol 204: 2097–2101. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Somite development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn 219: 287–303. , , .
- 1998. Patterns of superficial fibre formation in the European pearlfish (Rutilus frisii meidingeri) provide a general template for slow muscle development in teleost fish. Anat Embryol (Berl) 197: 485–496. , , , .
- 1990. Hyperplastic and hypertrophic growth of lateral muscle in Dicentrarchus labrax (L.). An ultrastructural and morphometric study. Anat Embryol (Berl) 182: 1–10. , , , .
- 1969. Development of the lateral musculature in the teleost, Brachydanio rerio: a fine structural study. Am J Anat 125: 457–494. .
- 1996. Developmental regulation of zebrafish Myod in wild-type, no tail, spadetail embryos. Development 122: 271–280. , , , , , , , .