Patterns & Phenotypes
Differential expression of RARβ isoforms in the mouse striatum during development: A gradient of RARβ2 expression along the rostrocaudal axis
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Limb Development
Volume 233, Issue 2, pages 584–594, June 2005
How to Cite
Liao, W.-L., Tsai, H.-C., Wu, C.-Y. and Liu, F.-C. (2005), Differential expression of RARβ isoforms in the mouse striatum during development: A gradient of RARβ2 expression along the rostrocaudal axis. Dev. Dyn., 233: 584–594. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20344
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 29 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAY 2004
- National Health Research Institutes. Grant Numbers: NHRI-EX93-9010NL, NHRI-EX94-9402NI
- Brain Research Center in the University System of Taiwan
- 1984. Neurogenesis in rat striatum. Int J Dev Neurosci 2: 163–175. .
- 1995. Ontogeny of the D1 dopamine receptor in the rat striatonigral system: an immunohistochemical study. Eur J Neurosci 7: 714–722. , , , , .
- 2001. Retinoic acid receptors are expressed in human primary astrocytes and their agonists inhibit parathyroid hormone-related peptide expression and secretion. Mol Brain Res 92: 172–176. , .
- 1994. Developmental expression of murine retinoid X receptor (RXR) genes. Mech Dev 45: 91–104. , , , .
- 1987. Development of a dopamine- and cyclic adenosine 3′:5′-monophosphate -regulated phosphoprotein (DARPP-32) in the prenatal rat central nervous system, and its relationship to the arrival of presumptive dopaminergic innervation. J Neurosci 7: 1994–2018. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Ebf1 controls early cell differentiation in the embryonic striatum. Development 126: 5285–5294. , , , .
- 1992. The neostriatal mosaic: multiple levels of compartmental organization. Trends Neurosci 15: 133–139. .
- 1997. Role of the retinoic acid receptor beta (RAR beta) during mouse development. Int J Dev Biol 41: 425–447. , , , , , , , .
- 1990. Neurotransmitters and neuromodulators in the basal ganglia. Trends Neurosci 13: 244–254. .
- 1998. Impaired locomotion and dopamine signaling in retinoid receptor mutant mice. Science 279: 863–867. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Multiplicity generates diversity in the retinoic acid signalling pathways. Trends Biochem Sci 17: 427–433. , , .
- 2000. A retinoic acid synthesizing enzyme in ventral retina and telencephalon of the embryonic mouse. Mech Dev 95: 283–289. , , , , , .
- 2002. Up-regulation of dopamine signaling molecules in the developing cerebral cortex by ectopic expression of retinoic acid receptor-beta1. Abstract Viewer/Itinerary Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, 2002. Online. Program No. 24.15. , .
- 2003. Retinoic acid receptor-mediated genetic control of pattern formation in the striatum of mammalian telencephalon. Abstract Viewer/Itinerary Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, 2003. Online. Program No. 560.7. , , .
- 1992. Transient calbindin-D28K-positive systems in the telencephalon: ganglionic eminence, developing striatum and cerebral cortex. J Neurosci 12: 674–690. , .
- 1998. Regulation of DARPP-32 expression by retinoic acid in striatal cell cultures. Soc Neurosci Abstr 24: 414. , , , .
- 1994. RAR beta isoforms: distinct transcriptional control by retinoic acid and specific spatial patterns of promoter activity during mouse embryonic development. Mech Dev 45: 227–241. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Expression of neuron-specific tubulin defines a novel population in the proliferative layers of the developing telencephalon. J Neurosci 14: 5399–5416. , .
- 2000. Tissue-specific expression of retinoic acid receptor isoform transcripts in the mouse embryo. Mech Dev 94: 223–232. , , , , , .
- 1992. RAR-beta4, a retinoic acid receptor isoform is generated from RAR-Beta2 by alternative splicing and usage of a CUG initiator Codon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89: 2718–2722. , , .
- 2000. Retinoids in embryonal development. Physiol Rev 80: 1021–1054. , , , .
- 1993. Retinoic acid receptors and cellular retinoid binding proteins. (III) Their differential transcript distribution during mouse nervous system development. Development 118: 267–282. , , , .
- 1997. Regulation of dopaminergic pathways by retinoids: activation of the D2 receptor promoter by members of the retinoic acid receptor- retinoid X receptor family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 14349–14354. , , , .
- 1989. A complete protocol for in situ hybridization of messenger RNAs in brain and other tissues with radiolabeled single-stranded RNA probes. J Histotechnol 12: 169–181. , , .
- 1990. Characterization of an autoregulated response element in the mouse retinoic acid receptor type beta gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87: 5392–5396. , , .
- 2003. Expression of Foxp2, a gene involved in speech and language, in the developing and adult striatum. J Neurosci Res 73: 61–72. , , , .
- 1999. Retinoids are produced by glia in the lateral ganglionic eminence and regulate striatal neuron differentiation. Development 126: 1317–1326. , , , , .
- 1998. Retinoic acid regulates the developmental expression of dopamine D2 receptor in rat striatal primary cultures. J Neurochem 71: 929–936. , , , , .
- 2002. Retinoic acid synthesis in the postnatal mouse brain marks distinct developmental stages and functional systems. Cereb Cortex 12: 1244–1253. , , .
- 1999. Coordinated regulation of dopamine signaling molecules expression by retinoic acid in the developing striatum. Soc Neurosci Abstr 25: 1654. , , .
- 1991. Differentially expressed isoforms of the mouse retinoic acid receptor beta generated by usage of two promoters and alternative splicing. EMBO J 10: 71–81. , , , , , , , .