Patterns & Phenotypes
Muscle fiber differentiation in fish embryos as shown by in situ hybridization of a large repertoire of muscle-specific transcripts
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Limb Development
Volume 233, Issue 2, pages 659–666, June 2005
How to Cite
Chauvigné, F., Cauty, C., Rallière, C. and Rescan, P.Y. (2005), Muscle fiber differentiation in fish embryos as shown by in situ hybridization of a large repertoire of muscle-specific transcripts. Dev. Dyn., 233: 659–666. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20371
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 DEC 2004
- Institut National de la recherche Agronomique
- 1973. Normal embryonic stage for salmonid fishes, based on Salmo gairdneri Richardson and Salvelinus fontinalis (Mitchill). J Exp Zool 184: 7–26. .
- 1997. Notochord induction of zebrafish slow muscle mediated by Sonic hedgehog. Genes Dev 11: 2163–2175. , , , .
- 2000. Expression patterns of FHL/SLIM family members suggest important functional roles in skeletal muscle and cardiovascular system. Mech Dev 95: 259–265. , , , , .
- 1999. Differential expression of two nonallelic MyoD genes in developing and adult myotomal musculature of the trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Dev Genes Evol 209: 432–437. , .
- 1996. Identification of separate slow and fast muscle precursor cells in vivo, prior to somite formation. Development 122: 3371–3380. , , , .
- 1997. Positive and negative regulation of muscle cell identity by members of the hedgehog and TGF-beta gene families. J Cell Biol 139: 145–156. , , , .
- 2003. Differential expression of the two GH genes during embryonic development of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss in relation with the IGFs system. Mol Reprod Dev 64: 32–40. , , , , , .
- 2003. Temperature and the expression of seven muscle-specific protein genes during embryogenesis in the Atlantic cod Gadus morhua L. J Exp Biol 206: 3187–200. , , .
- 2001. Motor function and regulation of myosin X. J Biol Chem 276: 34348–34354. , , , .
- 1993. The ventral and posterior expression of the zebrafish homeobox gene eve1 is perturbed in dorsalized and mutant embryos. Development 119: 1261–1275. , , , , .
- 2001. Red and white muscle development in the trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) as shown by in situ hybridisation of fast and slow myosin heavy chain transcripts. J Exp Biol 204: 2097–2101. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Skeletal muscle LIM protein 1 regulates integrin-mediated myoblast adhesion, spreading, and migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284: C681–C695. , , , , , .
- 2003) Regulation of myosin expression during myotome formation. Development 130: 3391–3402. , , , , , . (
- 1998. Patterns of superficial fibre formation in the European pearlfish (Rutilus frisii meidingeri) provide a general template for slow muscle development in teleost fish. Anat Embryol (Berl) 197: 485–496. , , , .
- 1996. Developmental regulation of zebrafish Myod in wild-type, no tail, spadetail embryos. Development 122: 271–280. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Multiple muscle cell identities induced by distinct levels and timing of hedgehog activity in the zebrafish embryo. Curr Biol 13: 1169–1181. , , .
- 2000. Asynchronous activation of 10 muscle-specific protein (MSP) genes during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Dyn 219: 201–215. , , , , .