Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression pattern of glypican-4 suggests multiple roles during mouse development
Article first published online: 13 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 3, pages 1013–1017, July 2005
How to Cite
Ybot-Gonzalez, P., Copp, A. J. and Greene, N. D.E. (2005), Expression pattern of glypican-4 suggests multiple roles during mouse development. Dev. Dyn., 233: 1013–1017. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20383
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 16 DEC 2004
- Wellcome Trust
- 2003a. Dishevelled: linking convergent extension with neural tube closure. Trends Neurosci 26: 453–455. , , .
- 2003b. The genetic basis of mammalian neurulation. Nat Rev Genet 4: 784–793. , , .
- 1995. The mouse Fgf8 gene encodes a family of polypeptides and is expressed in regions that direct outgrowth and patterning in the developing embryo. Development 121: 439–451. , .
- 2003. Mutation of Celsr1 disrupts planar polarity of inner ear hair cells and causes severe neural tube defects in the mouse. Curr Biol 13: 1–20. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Developmental roles of the glypicans. Semin Cell Dev Biol 12: 117–125. , .
- 2003. Glypican 4 modulates FGF signalling and regulates dorsoventral forebrain patterning in Xenopus embryos. Development 130: 4919–4929. , , , .
- 2002. The planar cell polarity gene Strabismus regulates convergence and extension and neural fold closure in Xenopus. Dev Biol 247: 165–181. , .
- 2000. Glypican-4 is an FGF2-binding heparan sulfate proteoglycan expressed in neural precursor cells. Dev Dyn 219: 353–367. , , , .
- 2002. Dishevelled 2 is essential for cardiac outflow tract development, somite segmentation and neural tube closure. Development 129: 5827–5838. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Planar cell polarization: do the same mechanisms regulate Drosophila tissue polarity and vertebrate gastrulation? Trends Genet 18: 564–571. .
- 2001. Severe neural tube defects in the loop-tail mouse result from mutation of Lpp1, a novel gene involved in floor plate specification. Hum Mol Genet 10: 2593–2601. , , , , .
- 2002. Heparan sulfate proteoglycan modulation of developmental signaling in Drosophila. Biochim Biophys Acta 1573: 280–291. , .
- 2003. Role of glypican 4 in the regulation of convergent extension movements during gastrulation in Xenopus laevis. Development 130: 2129–2138. , , , .
- 2000. Proteoglycans and pattern formation - sugar biochemistry meets developmental genetics. Trends Genet 16: 206–212. .
- 2001. The zebrafish glypican knypek controls cell polarity during gastrulation movements of convergent extension. Dev Cell 1: 251–264. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Planar cell polarity genes and neural tube closure. Birth Defects Res (Part C) 69: 318–324. , .
- 2002. Neural tube closure requires Dishevelled-dependent convergent extension of the midline. Development 129: 5815–5825. , .
- 2002. Convergent extension: the molecular control of polarized cell movement during embryonic development. Dev Cell 2: 695–706. , , .
- 1995. K-glypican: a novel GPI-anchored heparan sulfate proteoglycan that is highly expressed in developing brain and kidney. J Cell Biol 130: 1207–1218. , , .
- 1992. In situ hybridisation: a practical approach. Oxford: IRL Press. .
- 2001. Multiple roles of EPH receptors and ephrins in neural development. Nat Rev Neurosci 2: 155–164 .