A.A. Blak and T. Naserke contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouse
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 3, pages 1023–1030, July 2005
How to Cite
Blak, A. A., Naserke, T., Weisenhorn, D. M. V., Prakash, N., Partanen, J. and Wurst, W. (2005), Expression of Fgf receptors 1, 2, and 3 in the developing mid- and hindbrain of the mouse. Dev. Dyn., 233: 1023–1030. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20386
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2004
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- Bundesministerium für Forschung und Bildung (BMBF)
- 2003. Expression of FGF receptors 1, 2, 3 in the embryonic and postnatal mouse brain compared with PDGFR-alpha, Olig2 and Plp/dm20: implications for oligodendrocyte development. Dev Neurosci 25: 83–95. , , , .
- 1991. Ligand-induced transphosphorylation between different FGF receptors. EMBO J 10: 2849–2854. , , , , , .
- 1997. Overlapping expression and redundant activation of mesenchymal fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors by alternatively spliced FGF-8 ligands. J Biol Chem 272: 3733–3738. , , , , , .
- 1999. Graded interference with FGF signalling reveals its dorsoventral asymmetry at the mid-hindbrain boundary. Development 126: 5659–5667. , .
- 2003. The isthmic organizer signal FGF8 is required for cell survival in the prospective midbrain and cerebellum. Development 130: 2633–2644. , , , .
- 2002. Temporal and spatial expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 isoforms in murine tissues. Histochem J 34: 291–297. , , , , .
- 1995. The mouse Fgf8 gene encodes a family of polypeptides and is expressed in regions that direct outgrowth and patterning in the developing embryo. Development 121: 439–451. , .
- 1992. Sensitive mRNA detection using unfixed tissue: combined radioactive and non-radioactive in situ hybridization histochemistry. Histochem 98: 39–49. , , , .
- 1988. Expression patterns of the homeo box-containing genes En-1 and En-2 and the proto-oncogene int-1 diverge during mouse development. Genes Dev 2: 1736–1744. , .
- 2000. An important role for the IIIb isoform of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in mesenchymal-epithelial signalling during mouse organogenesis. Development 127: 483–492. , , , , , .
- 2000. Evolutionarily conserved and divergent expression of members of the FGF receptor family among vertebrate embryos, as revealed by FGFR expression patterns in Xenopus. Dev Genes Evol 210: 345–357. , , , , , .
- 1990. Alternating phases of FGF receptor and NGF receptor expression in the developing chicken nervous system. Neuron 5: 283–296. , , , , .
- 2002. A sonic hedgehog-dependent signalling relay regulates growth of diencephalic and mesencephalic primordia in the early mouse embryo. Development 129: 4807–4819. , .
- 1999. Specificity for fibroblast growth factors determined by heparan sulfate in a binary complex with the receptor kinase. J Biol Chem 274: 15947–15952. , , , .
- 1999. FGF8 can activate Gbx2 and transform regions of the rostral mouse brain into a hindbrain fate. Development 126: 4827–4838. , , .
- 2003. FGF17b and FGF18 have different midbrain regulatory properties from FGF8b or activated FGF receptors. Development 130: 6175–6185. , , , , , .
- 1995. FGF-8 isoforms activate receptor splice forms that are expressed in mesenchymal regions of mouse development. Development 121: 3603–3613. , , , , , , .
- 1999. FGF8 induces formation of an ectopic isthmic organizer and isthmocerebellar development via a repressive effect on Otx2 expression. Development 126: 1189–1200. , , , , .
- 1991. Developmental expression of two murine fibroblast growth factor receptors, flg and bek. Development 113: 1419–1434. , , , , .
- 1993. Developmental localization of the splicing alternatives of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 (FGFR2). Dev Biol 158: 475–486. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Expression of the fibroblast growth factor family and their receptor family genes during mouse brain development. Mol Brain Res 14: 279–288. , , , , .
- 2000. Protein-protein interactions define specificity in signal transduction. Genes Dev 14: 1027–1047. , .
- 1993. Unique expression pattern of the FGF receptor 3 gene during mouse organogenesis. Dev Biol 155: 423–430. , , , .
- 2000. Fibroblast growth factors, their receptors and signaling. Endocr Relat Cancer 7: 165–197. , , .
- 2004. Divide et Impera - the midbrain-hindbrain boundary and its organizer. Trends Neurosc 27: 727–734. , .
- 1998. Fgf8 is mutated in zebrafish acerebellar (ace) mutants and is required for maintenance of midbrain-hindbrain boundary development and somitogenesis. Development 125: 2381–2395. , , , , , .
- 2003. Fibroblast growth factors and their receptors in the central nervous system. Cell Tissue Res 313: 139–157. , .
- 2004. Zebrafish fgfr1 is a member of the fgf8 synexpression group and is required for fgf8 signalling at the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Dev Genes Evol 214: 285–295. , , , , .
- 2001. fgfr3 and regionalization of anterior neural tube in zebrafish. Mech Dev 102: 213–217. , , , , , .
- 1989. The house mouse: atlas of mouse development. New York: Springer. .
- 1995. Novel FGF receptor (Z-FGFR4) is dynamically expressed in mesoderm and neurectoderm during early zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Dyn 203: 377–391. , , .
- 2002. Expression of the FGF receptor 2 gene (fgfr2) during embryogenesis in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Mech Dev 119: S173–S178. , , , , , , .
- 2003. FGFR1 is independently required in both developing mid- and hindbrain for sustained response to isthmic signals. EMBO J 22: 1811–1823. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of FGFR1, FGFR2 and FGFR3 during early neural development in the chick embryo. Mech Dev 90: 103–110. , .
- 1991. Expression of FGF receptor gene in rat development. Development 111: 455–468. , ,
- 1997. Expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3) in the developing head and face. Dev Dyn 210: 41–52. , , , .
- 2001. Neural plate patterning: upstream and downstream of the isthmic organizer. Nat Rev Neurosci 2: 99–108. , .
- 2000. Temporal and spatial gradients of Fgf8 and fgf17 regulate proliferation and differentiation of midline cerebellar structures. Development 127: 1833–1843. , , .
- 1992. Expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor FGFR-1/flg during gastrulation and segmentation in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol 152: 75–88. , , .
- 1998. FGF and Shh signals control dopaminergic and serotonergic cell fate in the anterior neural plate. Cell 93: 755–766. , , , , .