Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of all Wnt genes and their secreted antagonists during mouse blastocyst and postimplantation development
Article first published online: 5 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 3, pages 1064–1075, July 2005
How to Cite
Kemp, C., Willems, E., Abdo, S., Lambiv, L. and Leyns, L. (2005), Expression of all Wnt genes and their secreted antagonists during mouse blastocyst and postimplantation development. Dev. Dyn., 233: 1064–1075. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20408
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 5 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 31 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 29 SEP 2004
- FWO. Grant Numbers: G00179.00, G0069.02
- DWTC. Grant Number: P5/35
- EU. Grant Number: QLRT-2000-01275
- 1997. Cerberus-like is a secreted factor with neutralizing activity expressed in the anterior primitive endoderm of the mouse gastrula. Mech Dev 68: 45–57. , , , , , , .
- 1996. A new mouse member of the Wnt gene family, mWnt-8, is expressed during early embryogenesis and is ectopically induced by retinoic acid. Mech Dev 58: 141–152. , , , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of Wnt/LRP signaling by distinct domains of Dickkopf proteins. Mol Cell Biol 22: 6100–6110. , .
- 1999. Multiple roles for activated LEF/TCF transcription complexes during hair follicle development and differentiation. Development 126: 4557–4568. , .
- 2003. The mouse secreted frizzled-related protein 5 gene is expressed in the anterior visceral endoderm and foregut endoderm during early post-implantation development. Gene Expr Patterns 3: 681–684. , , .
- 1998. Dickkopf-1 is a member of a new family of secreted proteins and functions in head induction. Nature 391: 357–362. , , , , , .
- 2004. Dynamics of global gene expression changes during mouse preimplantation development. Dev Cell 6: 117–131. , , , .
- 1998. Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family members. Dev Dyn 212: 364–372. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Establishment of the telencephalon during gastrulation by local antagonism of Wnt signaling. Neuron 35: 255–265. , , , , , .
- 2000. Requirement for beta-catenin in anterior-posterior axis formation in mice. J Cell Biol 148: 567–578. , , , , , .
- 1997. Wnt signalling required for expansion of neural crest and CNS progenitors. Nature 389: 966–970. , , , , .
- 2003. Wise, a context-dependent activator and inhibitor of Wnt signalling. Development 130: 4295–4305. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Secreted antagonists of the Wnt signalling pathway. J Cell Sci 116: 2627–2634. , .
- 2004. Stabilization of beta-catenin in the mouse zygote leads to premature epithelial-mesenchymal transition in the epiblast. Development 131: 5817–5824. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Wnt2b controls retinal cell differentiation at the ciliary marginal zone. Development 130: 587–598. , , .
- 1998. sFRP-2 is a target of the Wnt-4 signaling pathway in the developing metanephric kidney. Dev Dyn 213: 440–451. , , .
- 1997. Frzb-1 is a secreted antagonist of Wnt signaling expressed in the Spemann organizer. Cell 88: 747–756. , , , , .
- 2004. Formation and function of the mouse organizer. In: GruntzH, editor. The vertebrate organizer. Berlin: Springer-Verlag. p 409–422. , .
- 1999. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet 22: 361–365. , , , , , .
- 2003. Expression of Wnt genes during mouse preimplantation development. Gene Expr Patterns 3: 309–312. , , .
- 1990. The Wnt-1 (int-1) proto-oncogene is required for development of a large region of the mouse brain. Cell 62: 1073–1085. , .
- 2002. The Wnts. Genome Biol 3: REVIEWS3001. .
- 2004. Expression and estradiol regulation of Wnt genes in the mouse blastocyst identify a candidate pathway for embryo-maternal signaling at implantation. Biol Reprod 71: 417–424. , , .
- 1999. Dickkopf genes are co-ordinately expressed in mesodermal lineages. Mech Dev 87: 45–56. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Dickkopf1 is required for embryonic head induction and limb morphogenesis in the mouse. Dev Cell 1: 423–434. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Manipulating the mouse embryo. 3rd ed. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.ISBN 0-87969-591-9. , , , .
- 2004. Regionally specific induction by the Spemann-Mangold organizer. Nat Rev Genet 5: 425–434. .
- 2002. Increasingly complex: new players enter the Wnt signaling network. Bioessays 24: 881–884. , , .
- 2001. Cellular and molecular responses of the uterus to embryo implantation can be elicited by locally applied growth factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 1047–1052. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb buds. Development 119: 247–261. , , , .
- 2001. Wnt7b regulates placental development in mice. Dev Biol 237: 324–332. , , , .
- 2003. RTPrimerDB: the real-time PCR primer and probe database. Nucleic Acids Res 31: 122–123. , , , .
- 1999. A mouse cerberus/Dan-related gene family. Dev Biol 209: 98–110. , , .
- 2001. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR. Nucleic Acids Res 29: e45. .
- 2000. Wnt signaling and cancer. Genes Dev 14: 1837–1851. .
- 2003. Assumption-free analysis of quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) data. Neurosci Lett 339: 62–66. , , , .
- 2004. Maintenance of pluripotency in human and mouse embryonic stem cells through activation of Wnt signaling by a pharmacological GSK-3-specific inhibitor. Nat Med 10: 55–63. , , , , .
- 2004. The ins and outs of Wingless signaling. Trends Cell Biol 14: 45–53. , .
- 1994. Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev 8: 174–189. , , , , , .
- 2004. A genome-wide study of gene activity reveals developmental signaling pathways in the preimplantation mouse embryo. Dev Cell 6: 133–144. , , , , , , .
- 1999. T (Brachyury) is a direct target of Wnt3a during paraxial mesoderm specification. Genes Dev 13: 3185–3190. , , , , .
- 1997. Evidence that absence of Wnt-3a signaling promotes neuralization instead of paraxial mesoderm development in the mouse. Dev Biol 183: 234–242. , , , .
- 1998. Structure and expression of Wnt13, a novel mouse Wnt2 related gene. Mech Dev 73: 107–116. , , , , , .
- 2000. Gene expression profiles in normal and Otx2−/− early gastrulating mouse embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 14388–14393. , , , , , , .