Patterns & Phenotypes
Thg-1pit gene expression in granule cells of the developing mouse brain and in their synaptic targets, mature Purkinje, and mitral cells
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Developmental Neurobiology Special Issue
Volume 234, Issue 3, pages 689–697, November 2005
How to Cite
Canterini, S., Mangia, F. and Fiorenza, M. T. (2005), Thg-1pit gene expression in granule cells of the developing mouse brain and in their synaptic targets, mature Purkinje, and mitral cells. Dev. Dyn., 234: 689–697. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20428
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 1 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2005
- Istituto Pasteur. Grant Numbers: Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti 2004, Ateneo 2003, PRIN 2003
- 1999. Generation of cerebellar granule neurons in vivo by transplantation of BMP-treated neural progenitor cells. Nat Neurosci 2: 535–540. , , , .
- 1969. Reconstitution of the external granular layer of the cerebellar cortex in infant rats after low-level x-irradiation. Anat Rec 163: 453–471. , , .
- 1991. Early dendritic development of Purkinje cells in the rat cerebellum. A light and electron microscopic study using axonal tracing in ‘in vitro’ slices. Brain Res Dev Brain Res 64: 95–114. , .
- 1994. Cell-cell interactions influence survival and differentiation of purified Purkinje cells in vitro. Neuron 12: 243–260. , , , .
- 1995. Neurogenesis and neuronal migration. In: Paxinos G, editor. The rat nervous system. San Diego: Academic Press. p 1041–1078. , .
- 1997. Cerberus-like is a secreted factor with neutralizing activity expressed in the anterior primitive endoderm of the mouse gastrula. Mech Dev 68: 45–57. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Math1 is essential for genesis of cerebellar granule neurons. Nature 390: 169–172. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Becoming a new neuron in the adult olfactory bulb. Nat Neurosci 6: 507–518. , , , , .
- 2004. Subventricular zone-derived neuronal progenitors migrate into the subcortical forebrain of postnatal mice. J Comp Neurol 476: 290–300. , , .
- 2000. Drosophila bunched integrates opposing DPP and EGF signals to set the operculum boundary. Development 127: 745–754. , , , .
- 1998. Quantitative RT-PCR amplification of RNA in single mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Biotechniques 24: 618–623. , .
- 2001. Expression screening for Lhx3 downstream genes identifies Thg-1pit as a novel mouse gene involved in pituitary development. Gene 278: 125–130. , , .
- 1966. H3-thymidine autoradiographic studies on the cell proliferation and differentiation in the external and the internal granular layers of the mouse cerebellum. J Comp Neurol 128: 191–208. , , .
- 2003. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and transforming growth factor-beta pathways inhibit intestinal epithelial cell growth by regulating levels of TSC-22. J Biol Chem 278: 7431–7438. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Morphogen gradient interpretation. Nature 413: 797–803. , .
- 1997. Genes involved in cerebellar cell specification and differentiation. Curr Opin Neurobiol 7: 40–47. , , , .
- 2000. Functions of LIM-homeobox genes. Trends Genet 16: 75–83. , .
- 1999. Morphogenesis. Cell 96: 225–233. .
- 2000. Neuronal specification in the spinal cord: inductive signals and transcriptional codes. Nat Rev Genet 1: 20–29. .
- 2004. TSC-22 (TGF-beta stimulated clone-22): a novel molecular target for differentiation-inducing therapy in salivary gland cancer. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 4: 521–529. , , .
- 1999. Transforming growth factor-beta-stimulated clone-22 is a member of a family of leucine zipper proteins that can homo- and heterodimerize and has transcriptional repressor activity. J Biol Chem 274: 27439–27447. , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of TGF-beta stimulated clone-22 (TSC-22) in mouse development and TGF-beta signalling. Dev Dyn 218: 563–572. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Efficient generation of midbrain and hindbrain neurons from mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 18: 675–679. , , , , .
- 2001. The external granule layer of the developing chick cerebellum generates granule cells and cells of the isthmus and rostral hindbrain. J Neurosci 21: 159–168. , , .
- 1994. Long-distance neuronal migration in the adult mammalian brain. Science 264: 1145–1148. , .
- 1993. Restricted proliferation and migration of postnatally generated neurons derived from the forebrain subventricular zone. Neuron 11: 173–189. .
- 1989. Aggregations of granule cells in the basal forebrain (islands of Calleja): Golgi and cytoarchitectonic study in different mammals, including man. J Comp Neurol 284: 405–428. , , , .
- 1961. An autoradiographic analysis of histogenesis in the mouse cerebellum. Exp Neurol 4: 277–296. , .
- 1998. Granule neuron regulation of Purkinje cell development: striking a balance between neurotrophin and glutamate signaling. J Neurosci 18: 3563–3573. , .
- 2001. Combinatorial expression patterns of LIM-homeodomain and other regulatory genes parcellate developing thalamus. J Neurosci 21: 2711–2725. , .
- 1997. Pax-6 is involved in the specification of hindbrain motor neuron subtype. Development 124: 2961–2972. , , , , , , , , .
- 1971. Neuron-glia relationship during granule cell migration in developing cerebellar cortex. A Golgi and electronmicroscopic study in Macacus Rhesus. J Comp Neurol 141: 283–312. .
- 2004. LIM genes parcellate the embryonic amygdala and regulate its development. J Neurosci 24: 6986–6990. , , .
- 1993. Detection of messenger RNA by in situ hybridization. Methods Enzymol 225: 384–404. , .
- 2002. Molecular mechanisms underlying cell fate specification in the developing telencephalon. Curr Opin Neurobiol 12: 26–34. , .
- 1996. Specification of pituitary cell lineages by the LIM homeobox gene Lhx3. Science 272: 1004–1007. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Multistep control of pituitary organogenesis. Science 278: 1809–1812. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Isolation of a gene encoding a putative leucine zipper structure that is induced by transforming growth factor beta 1 and other growth factors. J Biol Chem 267: 10219–10224. , , .
- 2002. Transcriptional codes and the control of neuronal identity. Annu Rev Neurosci 25: 251–281. , .
- 1978. Purkinje cell ontogeny: formation and maintenance of spines. Prog Brain Res 48: 149–170. .
- 2004. Cellular and genetic regulation of the development of the cerebellar system. Prog Neurobiol 72: 295–339. .
- 1985. Olfactory system. In: Paxinos G, editor. The rat nervous system. San Diego: Academic Press. p 1–31. , , .
- 1995. Shortsighted acts in the decapentaplegic pathway in Drosophila eye development and has homology to a mouse TGF-beta-responsive gene. Development 121: 2835–2845. , , .
- 2001. In utero fate mapping reveals distinct migratory pathways and fates of neurons born in the mammalian basal forebrain. Development 128: 3759–3771. , , , , .
- 1999. The role of the rhombic lip in avian cerebellum development. Development 126: 4395–4404. , .
- 1996. Granule cell specification in the developing mouse brain as defined by expression of the zinc finger transcription factor RU49. Development 122: 555–566. , , .
- 1999. BAC-mediated gene-dosage analysis reveals a role for Zipro1 (Ru49/Zfp38) in progenitor cell proliferation in cerebellum and skin. Nat Genet 22: 327–335. , , , .
- 2004. Genesis of dendritic spines: insights from ultrastructural and imaging studies. Nat Rev Neurosci 5: 24–34. , .