Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of Xenopus suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (xSOCS3) is induced by epithelial wounding
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 3, pages 1123–1130, July 2005
How to Cite
Kuliyev, E., Doherty, J. R. and Mead, P. E. (2005), Expression of Xenopus suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (xSOCS3) is induced by epithelial wounding. Dev. Dyn., 233: 1123–1130. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20435
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 16 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 17 NOV 2004
- NCI. Grant Number: P30 CA21765-26
- American Lebanese and Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC)
- 2002. Detection of differentially expressed genes in healing mouse corneas, using cDNA microarrays. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43: 2897–2904. , , , , .
- 1999. Spatial response to fibroblast growth factor signalling in Xenopus embryos. Development 126: 119–125. , .
- 1999. Epithelial injury induces egr-1 and fos expression by a pathway involving protein kinase C and ERK. Am J Physiol 276: G322–G330. , .
- 2002. Immediate early genes krox-24 and krox-20 are rapidly up-regulated after wounding in the embryonic and adult mouse. Dev Dyn 223: 371–378. , , , , .
- 1991. In situ hybridization: an improved whole-mount method for Xenopus embryos. Methods Cell Biol 36: 685–695. .
- 1994. Ventral expression of GATA-1 and GATA-2 in the Xenopus embryo defines induction of hematopoietic mesoderm. Dev Biol 165: 193–205. , , , .
- 2002. Genetic and genomic tools for Xenopus research: the NIH Xenopus initiative. Dev Dyn 225: 384–391. , , , , , .
- 2001. Xwig1, a novel putative endoplasmic reticulum protein expressed during epithelial morphogenesis and in response to embryonic wounding. Int J Dev Biol 45: 379–385. , , .
- 2002. Thermal injury-induced increases of hepatocyte SOCS3 lead to decreases in STAT3. Shock 18: 374–379. , , , , , .
- 2001. SOCS proteins: negative regulators of cytokine signaling. Stem Cells 19: 378–387. , .
- 1997. Localization of MAP kinase activity in early Xenopus embryos: implications for endogenous FGF signaling. Dev Biol 183: 9–20. , .
- 1999. SOCS3 is essential in the regulation of fetal liver erythropoiesis. Cell 98: 617–627. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin): a systematic and chronological survey of the development from the fertilized egg till the end of metamorphosis. New York, London: Garland Publishing, Inc. 252 p. , .
- 2000. The effect of burn injury on suppressors of cytokine signalling. Shock 14: 392–398; discussion 398–399. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Cytokine signaling in 2002: new surprises in the Jak/Stat pathway. Cell 109(Suppl): S121–S131. , , .
- 2001. Placental defects and embryonic lethality in mice lacking suppressor of cytokine signaling 3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 9324–9329. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Early development of Xenopus laevis: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor, New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 338 p. , , .
- 2001. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 is a biomechanical stress-inducible gene that suppresses gp130-mediated cardiac myocyte hypertrophy and survival pathways. J Clin Invest 108: 1459–1467. , , , , , , , , , .