Special Focus Patterns & Phenotypes
Genetic interaction between Wnt7a and Lrp6 during patterning of dorsal and posterior structures of the mouse limb
Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Limb Development
Volume 233, Issue 2, pages 368–372, June 2005
How to Cite
Adamska, M., Billi, A. C., Cheek, S. and Meisler, M. H. (2005), Genetic interaction between Wnt7a and Lrp6 during patterning of dorsal and posterior structures of the mouse limb. Dev. Dyn., 233: 368–372. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20437
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 24 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2004
- NIH. Grant Number: GM24872
- University of Michigan
- 2004. En1 and Wnt7a interact with Dkk1 during limb development in the mouse. Dev Biol 272: 134–144. , , , , .
- 2001. Novel mechanism of Wnt signaling inhibition mediated by Dickkopf-1 interaction with LRP6/Arrow. Nat Cell Biol 3: 683–686. , , , , .
- 2003. Ectodermal Wnt3/beta-catenin signaling is required for the establishment and maintenance of the apical ectodermal ridge. Genes Dev 17: 394–409. , , , , , , .
- Mouse Genome Database Group. 2003. MGD: The mouse genome database. Nucleic Acids Res 31: 193–195. , , , , , and the members of the
- 1994. Pax-3 is required for the development of limb muscles: a possible role for the migration of dermomyotomal muscle progenitor cells. Development 120: 603–612. , , , . .
- 2003. Functional characterization of WNT7A signalling in PC12 cells: interaction with a FZD5/LRP6 receptor complex and modulation by DKK proteins. J Biol Chem 278: 37024–37031. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Limb and kidney defects in Lmx1b mutant mice suggest an involvement of LMX1B in human nail patella syndrome. Nat Genet 19: 51–55. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Wnt signalling during limb development. Int J Dev Biol 46: 927–936. , .
- 1995. The mouse Fgf8 gene encodes a family of polypeptides and is expressed in regions that direct outgrowth and patterning in the developing embryo. Development 121: 439–451. , .
- 1997. Novel regulatory interactions revealed by studies of murine limb pattern in Wnt-7a and En-1 mutants. Development 124: 5021–5032. , , .
- 2004. LDL receptor-related proteins 5 and 6 in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling: arrows point the way. Development 131: 1663–1677. , , , .
- 2004. The Wnt co-receptors Lrp5 and Lrp6 are essential for gastrulation in mice. Development 131: 2803–2815. , , .
- 1998. Distinct WNT pathways regulating AER formation and dorsoventral polarity in the chick limb bud. Science 280: 1274–1277. , , , , , , .
- 1981. A rapid procedure for routine double staining of cartilage and bone in fetal and adult animals. Stain Technol 56: 271–273. , .
- 1996. The mouse Engrailed-1 gene and ventral limb patterning. Nature 382: 360–363. , , , , , .
- 1998. Analysis of the genetic pathway leading to formation of ectopic apical ectodermal ridges in mouse Engrailed-1 mutant limbs. Development 125: 1137–1148. , , , , .
- 2004. Hypomorphic expression of Dkk1 in the doubleridge mouse reveals dosage dependence and compensatory interactions with Lrp6. Development 131: 2543–2552. , , .
- 2001. LDL receptor-related protein 6 is a receptor for Dickkopf proteins. Nature 411: 321–325. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Pattern formation: old models out on a limb. Nat Rev Genet 4: 133–143. .
- 1995. Dorsalizing signal Wnt-7a required for normal polarity of D-V and A-P axes of mouse limb. Nature 374: 350–353. , .
- 1998. The classical mouse mutant postaxial hemimelia results from a mutation in the Wnt7a gene. Dev Biol 202: 228–234. , , , .
- 2000. An LDL-receptor-related protein mediates Wnt signalling in mice. Nature 407: 535–538. , , , , .
- 2003. Patterning systems - from one end of the limb to the other. Dev Cell 4: 449–458. .