This article was accepted for inclusion in Developmental Dynamics 233#2, June 2005–Special Focus on Limb Development.
Macroarray-based analysis of tail regeneration in Xenopus laevis larvae†
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 233, Issue 4, pages 1394–1404, August 2005
How to Cite
Tazaki, A., Kitayama, A., Terasaka, C., Watanabe, K., Ueno, N. and Mochii, M. (2005), Macroarray-based analysis of tail regeneration in Xenopus laevis larvae. Dev. Dyn., 233: 1394–1404. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20472
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2004
- Research for the Future Program of the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science
- Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture, Japan
- 2003. Regulated expression of ATF5 is required for the progression of neural progenitor cells to neurons. J Neurosci 23: 4590–4600. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Microarray-based analysis of early development in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol 236: 64–75. , , , , , , .
- 1980. Methods for growth of cultured cells in serum-free medium. Anal Biochem 102: 255–270. , .
- 2003. Molecular pathways needed for regeneration of spinal cord and muscle in a vertebrate. Dev Cell 5: 429–439. , , .
- 2004. Cysteine-rich LIM-only proteins CRP1 and CRP2 are potent smooth muscle differentiation cofactors. Dev Cell 4: 107–118. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1991. Characterization of a member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily that possibly represents an additional class of growth factor receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88: 4897–4901 , .
- 2003. Regeneration-specific expression pattern of three posterior Hox genes. Dev Dyn 226: 349–355. , , , .
- 2004. Screening of FGF target genes in Xenopus by microarray: temporal dissection of the signaling pathway using a chemical inhibitor. Genes Cells 8: 749–761. , , , , , .
- 2003. Electroporation as a tool to study in vivo spinal cord regeneration. Dev Dyn 226: 418–425. , .
- 2001. In vivo imaging indicates muscle fiber dedifferentiation is a major contributor to the regenerating tail blastema. Dev Biol 236: 151–164. , , .
- 1989. Transient expression of simple epithelial keratins by messenchymal cells of regenerating newt limb. Dev Biol 133: 415–424. , , , .
- 1999. Ploidy regulation of gene expression. Science 285: 251–254. , , , , .
- 2004. Cell lineage tracing during Xenopus tail regeneration. Development 131: 2669–2679. , .
- 1984. Fibronectin and wound healing. J Cell Biochem 26: 107–116. .
- 1999. Annexin II: A mediator of the plasmin/plasminogen activator system. Trends Cardiovasc Med 9: 128–138. , .
- 2004. Large-scale analysis of the genes involved in fin regeneration and blastema formation in the medaka, Oryzias latipes. Mech Dev 121: 861–872. , , , , , .
- 1994. HMG-X, a Xenopus gene encoding an HMG1 homologue is abundantly expressed in the developing nervous system. FEBS Lett 352: 191–196. , , , .
- 2000. Cloning and expression of the Wnt antagonists Sfrp-2 and Frzb during chick development. Dev Biol 218: 183–198. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. HMG-17, a chromosomal non-histone protein, shows developmental regulation during organogenesis. Int J Dev Biol 42: 775–782. , , , , .
- 2000. Genomics, gene expression and DNA arrays. Nature 405: 827–836. , .
- 2004. PTK7/CCK-4 is a novel regulator of planar cell polarity in vertebrates. Nature 430: 93–98. , , , , , .
- 1999. Identification of transforming growth factor-beta-regulated genes in Caenorhabditis elegans by differential hybridization of arrayed cDNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96: 15020–15025. , , , , .
- 1991. Immunological identification of a new 14X10(3) Mr membrane-bound protein in Torpedo electric organ. J Cell Sci 98: 351–361. , , , .
- 1967. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin): a systematical and chronological survey of the development from the fertilized egg till the end of metamorphosis. New York: Garland. , .
- 2005. A Xenopus DNA microarray approach to identify novel direct BMP target genes involved in early embryonic development. Dev Dyn 232: 445–456. , , , , , , .
- 1966. The molecular basis of regeneration. Illinois Monographs in Medical Sciences, Vol. VI (4). Urbana: University of Illinois Press. .
- 2005. Quantitative evaluation of morpholino-mediated protein knockdown of GFP, MSX1, and PAX7 during tail regeneration in Ambystoma mexicanum. Dev Dyn 232: 162–170. , .
- 2005. Identification of neural genes using Xenopus DNA microarrays. Dev Dyn 232: 432–444. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Differential expression of myogenic regulatory genes and Msx-1 during dedifferentiation and redifferentiation of regenerating amphibian limbs. Dev Dyn 202: 1–12. , , , , , .
- 1995. Wound repair, regeneration and artificial tissues. Austin, TX: RG Landes. .
- 2004. Differential gene expression between the embryonic tail bud and regenerating larval tail in Xenopus laevis. Dev Growth Differ 46: 97–105. , , , ,
- 2000. Biomedical discovery with DNA arrays. Cell 102: 25–33. .