Patterns & Phenotypes
Molecular cloning and developmental expression of foxP2 in zebrafish
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Developmental Neurobiology Special Issue
Volume 234, Issue 3, pages 740–746, November 2005
How to Cite
Bonkowsky, J. L. and Chien, C.-B. (2005), Molecular cloning and developmental expression of foxP2 in zebrafish. Dev. Dyn., 234: 740–746. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20504
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 19 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2004
- Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation
- NIH. Grant Number: R01 EY12873-01
- 2004. Structural analysis of disease-causing mutations in the P-subfamily of forkhead transcription factors. Proteins 54: 639–647. , .
- 2000. The immune dysregulation, polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X-linked syndrome (IPEX) is caused by mutations of FOXP3. Nature Genet 27: 20–21. , , , , , , , , , .
- FOXP2: novel exons, splice variants, and CAG repeat length stability. Hum Genet 111: 136–144. , .
- Disruption of a new forkhead/winged-helix protein, scurfin, results in the fatal lymphoproliferative disorder of the scurfy mouse. Nature Genet 27: 68–73. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Forkhead transcription factors: key players in development and metabolism. Dev Biol 250: 1–23. , .
- 1988. Multiple sequence alignment with hierarchical clustering. Nucleic Acids Res 16: 10881–10900. .
- 2002. Molecular evolution of FOXP2, a gene involved in speech and language. Nature 418: 869–872. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Characterization of Foxp2 and Foxp1 mRNA and protein in the developing and mature brain. J Comp Neurol 460: 266–279. , , , , .
- 1999. A radiation hybrid map of the zebrafish genome. Nat Genet 23: 86–89. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Regulatory roles of conserved intergenic domains in vertebrate Dlx bigene clusters. Genome Res 13: 533–543. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. FoxP2 expression in avian vocal learners and non-learners. J Neurosci 24: 3164–3175. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Control of regulatory T cell development by the transcription factor Foxp3. Science 299: 1057–1061. , , .
- 2003. Two divergent slit1 genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn 228: 358–369. , , , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 2001. A forkhead-domain gene is mutated in a severe speech and language disorder. Nature 413: 519–523. , , , , .
- 2003. FOXP2 expression during brain development coincides with adult sites of pathology in a severe speech and language disorder. Brain 126: 2455–2462. , , , , .
- 2001. Cloning and expression of three zebrafish roundabout homologs suggest roles in axon guidance and cell migration. Dev Dyn 221: 216–230. , , .
- 2004. Transcriptional and DNA binding activity of the Foxp1/2/4 family is modulated by heterotypic and homotypic protein interactions. Mol Cell Bio 24: 809–822. , , .
- 2003. Language fMRI abnormalities associated with FOXP2 gene mutation. Nat Neurosci 6: 1230–1237. , , , , , .
- 1997. Dlx genes encode DNA-binding proteins that are expressed in an overlapping and sequential pattern during basal ganglia differentiation. Dev Dyn 210: 498–512. , , , , .
- 2002. Foxp4: a novel member of the Foxp subfamily of winged-helix genes co-expressed with Foxp1 and Foxp2 in pulmonary and gut tissues. Mech Dev 119S: S197–S202. , , .
- 2000. Effective targeted gene ‘knockdown’ in zebrafish. Nat Genet 26: 216–220. , .
- 2004. Connections of the ventral telencephalon (subpallium) in the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Brain Res 1011: 206–220. , .
- 2001. Characterization of a new subfamily of winged-helix/Forkhead (Fox) genes that are expressed in the lung and act as transcriptional repressors. J Biol Chem 276: 27488–27497. , , , , .
- 2003. Expression of FoxP2, a gene involved in speech and language, in the developing and adult striatum. J Neurosci Res 73: 61–72. , , , .
- 2004. Parallel FoxP1 and FoxP2 expression in songbird and human brain predicts functional interaction. J Neurosci 24: 3152–3163. , , , , .
- 2003. Multiple domains define the expression and regulatory properties of Foxp1 forkhead transcriptional repressors. J Biol Chem 278: 24259–24268. , , , .
- 2002. MRI analysis of an inherited speech and language disorder: structural brain abnormalities. Brain 125: 465–478. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. FoxP2 in song-learning birds and vocal-learning mammals. J Hered 96: 1–5. , .
- 2003. Accelerated protein evolution and origins of human-specific features: FOXP2 as an example. Genetics 162: 1825–1835. , , .