Patterns & Phenotypes
Gene expression of the repulsive guidance molecules during development of the mouse intestine
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 234, Issue 1, pages 169–175, September 2005
How to Cite
Metzger, M., Conrad, S., Alvarez-Bolado, G., Skutella, T. and Just, L. (2005), Gene expression of the repulsive guidance molecules during development of the mouse intestine. Dev. Dyn., 234: 169–175. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20506
- Issue online: 16 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 4 JAN 2005
- BMBF, Germany. Grant Number: D.20.01365
- 2002. Beta-catenin and TCF mediate cell positioning in the intestinal epithelium by controlling the expression of EphB/ephrinB. Cell 111: 251–263. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The repulsive guidance molecule RGMa is involved in the formation of afferent connections in the dentate gyrus. J Neurosci 24: 3862–3869. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Stem cells and the regulation of proliferation, differentiation and patterning in the intestinal epithelium: emerging insights from gene expression patterns, transgenic and gene ablation studies. Mech Dev 101: 3–9. , .
- 2003. Dual function of Slit2 in repulsion and enhanced migration of trunk, but not vagal, neural crest cells. J Cell Biol 162: 269–279. , , .
- 2003. Chemotropic molecules: guides for axonal pathfinding and cell migration during CNS development. News Physiol Sci 18: 130–136. .
- 2002. Molecular mechanisms of axon guidance. Science 298: 1959–1964. .
- 1990. Identification of a chromosome 18q gene that is altered in colorectal cancers. Science 247: 49–56. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. The expression patterns of guidance receptors, DCC and Neogenin, are spatially and temporally distinct throughout mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol 192: 258–273. , , , , .
- 1992. DCC: a tumor suppressor gene expressed on the cell surface. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 57: 345–351. , , , , .
- 2003. Eph signaling: a structural view. Trends Neurosci 26: 46–51. , .
- 2003. Netrins and DCC in the guidance of migrating neural crest-derived cells in the developing bowel and pancreas. Dev Biol 258: 364–384. , , .
- 1997. Mouse Neogenin, a DCC-like molecule, has four splice variants and is expressed widely in the adult mouse and during embryogenesis. Oncogene 15: 691–700. , , .
- 1996. Deleted in Colorectal Cancer (DCC) encodes a netrin receptor. Cell 87: 175–185. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Novel role for Netrins in regulating epithelial behavior during lung branching morphogenesis. Curr Biol 14: 897–905. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. RGM and its receptor neogenin regulate neuronal survival. Nat Cell Biol 6: 749–755. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Netrin-1 controls colorectal tumorigenesis by regulating apoptosis. Nature 431: 80–84. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. RGM is a repulsive guidance molecule for retinal axons. Nature 419: 392–395. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Requirement of signalling by receptor tyrosine kinase RET for the directed migration of enteric nervous system progenitor cells during mammalian embryogenesis. Development 129: 5151–5160. , , , .
- 2004. Repulsive guidance molecule (RGM) gene function is required for neural tube closure but not retinal topography in the mouse visual system. J Neurosci 24: 808–818. , , , .
- 2004. Expression pattern of the repulsive guidance molecules RGM A, B and C during mouse development. Gene Expr Patterns 4: 283–288. , , , .
- 2004. Neogenin mediates the action of repulsive guidance molecule. Nat Cell Biol 6: 756–762. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. DRAGON: a member of the repulsive guidance molecule-related family of neuronal- and muscle-expressed membrane proteins is regulated by DRG11 and has neuronal adhesive properties. J Neurosci 24: 2027–2036. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Isolation and expression pattern of three mouse homologues of chick Rgm. Gene Expr Patterns 4: 105–110. , .
- 2001. Localization of the netrin guidance receptor, DCC, in the developing peripheral and enteric nervous systems. Mech Dev 103: 173–175. , , , .
- 2003. Netrin-1/neogenin interaction stabilizes multipotent progenitor cap cells during mammary gland morphogenesis. Dev Cell 4: 371–382. , , , , .
- 1979. Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose sheets: procedure and some applications. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 76: 4350–4354. , , .
- 1994. Neogenin, an avian cell surface protein expressed during terminal neuronal differentiation, is closely related to the human tumor suppressor molecule deleted in colorectal cancer. J Cell Biol 127: 2009–2020. , , , .
- 2003. Recognition of the neural chemoattractant Netrin-1 by integrins alpha6beta4 and alpha3beta1 regulates epithelial cell adhesion and migration. Dev Cell 5: 695–707. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Guidance cues involved in the development of the peripheral autonomic nervous system. Auton Neurosci 112: 1–14. , , .