Expression of voltage sensitive calcium channel (VSCC) L-type Cav1.2 (α1C) and T-type Cav3.2 (α1H) subunits during mouse bone development
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 234, Issue 1, pages 54–62, September 2005
How to Cite
Shao, Y., Alicknavitch, M. and Farach-Carson, M. C. (2005), Expression of voltage sensitive calcium channel (VSCC) L-type Cav1.2 (α1C) and T-type Cav3.2 (α1H) subunits during mouse bone development. Dev. Dyn., 234: 54–62. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20517
- Issue online: 16 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 26 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2005
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. Grant Number: DE 12641
- 1995. Multiple calcium channel transcripts in rat osteosarcoma cells: selective activation of α1D isoform by parathyroid hormone. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 10914–10918. , , , .
- 2003. Rodent osteoblastic cells express voltage-sensitive calcium channels lacking a γ subunit. Calcif Tissue Int 73: 502–510. , , , .
- 1992. Identification of two distinct proteins that are immunologically related to the α1 subunit of the skeletal muscle dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium channel. J Biol Chem 267: 18218–18223. , .
- 1989. Vitamin D3 metabolites modulate dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium currents in clonal rat osteosarcoma cells. J Biol Chem 264: 20265–20274. , .
- 2000. Structure and regulation of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 16: 521–555. .
- 2003. Abnormal coronary function in mice deficient in α1H T-type Ca2+ channels. Science 302: 1416–1418. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Distinguishing the contributions of the perichondrium, cartilage, and vascular endothelium to skeletal development. Dev Biol 269: 55–69. , , , .
- 1998. Cloning and characterization of α1H from human heart, a member of the T-type Ca2+ channel gene family. Circ Res 83: 103–109. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1991. Characterization of the two size forms of the α1 subunit of skeletal muscle L-type calcium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88: 10778–10782. , , , .
- 1998. Calcium signals and calcium channels in osteoblastic cells. Semin Nephrol 18: 178–190. , , .
- 1993. Effects of the calcium channel blocker nifedipine on epiphyseal growth plate and bone turnover: a study in rabbit. Calcif Tissue Int 52: 120–124. , , , .
- 1997. Low-voltage-activated T-type Ca2+ channels. Trends Pharmacol Sci 18: 37–42. , .
- 2000. Nomenclature of voltage-gated calcium channels. Neuron 25: 533–535. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Hormonally-regulated expression of voltage-operated Ca2+ channels in osteocytic (MLO-Y4) cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282: 536–542. , , , , .
- 1993. Identification and differential subcellular localization of the neuronal class C and class D L-type calcium channel α1 subunits. J Cell Biol 123: 949–962. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Establishment of an osteocyte-like cell line, MLO-Y4. J Bone Miner Res 12: 2014–2023. , , , , .
- 1999. Cloning and expression of a novel member of the low voltage-activated T-type calcium channel family. J Neurosci 19: 1912–1921. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Parathyroid hormone enhances mechanically induced bone formation, possibly involving L-type voltage-sensitive calcium channels. Endocrinology 144: 1226–1233. , , , , .
- 2004. L-type calcium channels: the low down. J Neurophysiol 92: 2633–2641. , , .
- 1996. Down-regulation of L-type Ca2+ channel transcript levels by 1,25-dihyroxyvitamin D3. Osteoblastic cells express L-type α1C Ca2+ channel isoforms. J Biol Chem 271: 32981–32985. , , , .
- 2001. A Ca2+-dependent transgenic model of cardiac hypertrophy: a role for protein kinase Cα. Circulation 103: 140–147. , , , , .
- 1994. Analysis of type II and type X collagen synthesis in cultured growth plate chondrocytes by in situ hybridization: rapid induction of type X collagen in culture. J Bone Miner Res 9: 1713–1722. , , , , .
- 2000. Bone development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 16: 191–220. , , .
- 1977. The cellular basis of bone turnover and bone loss: a rebuttal of the osteocytic resorption: bone flow theory. Clin Orthop: 236–247. .
- 2003. Molecular physiology of low-voltage-activated T-type calcium channels. Physiol Rev 83: 117–161. .
- 1996. Expression of voltage-operated Ca2+ channels in rat bone marrow stromal cells in vitro. Bone 19: 101–106. , , .
- 1996. Prenatal toxicity studies in rats and rabbits with the calcium channel blocker diproteverine. Reprod Toxicol 10: 43–49. , , , .
- 2000. Functional embryonic cardiomyocytes after disruption of the L-type α1C (Cav1.2) calcium channel gene in the mouse. J Biol Chem 275: 39193–39199. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1987. Primary structure of the receptor for calcium channel blockers from skeletal muscle. Nature 328: 313–318. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Bone growth: coordinating chondrocyte differentiation. Curr Biol 6: 1577–1580. .
- 2000. Cardiac L-type calcium channel α1-subunit is increased by cyclic adenosine monophosphate: messenger RNA and protein expression in intact bone. J Bone Miner Res 15: 1275–1285. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Characterization of voltage-sensitive calcium channels in growth plate chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 234: 432–438. , , , .