Patterns & Phenotypes
Localization of Apaf1 gene expression in the early development of the mouse by means of in situ reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 234, Issue 1, pages 215–221, September 2005
How to Cite
Müller, M., Berger, J., Gersdorff, N., Cecconi, F., Herken, R. and Quondamatteo, F. (2005), Localization of Apaf1 gene expression in the early development of the mouse by means of in situ reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. Dev. Dyn., 234: 215–221. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20534
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 19 APR 2005
- Telethon. Grant Number: TCP99038
- AIRC, M.IUR/FIRB. Grant Number: RBAU01FZMZ
- Compagnia di San Paolo
- 1992. Detection of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 provirus in mononuclear cells by in situ polymerase chain reaction. N Engl J Med 326: 1385–1392. , , , , .
- 2000. Apaf-1 oligomerizes into biologically active approximately 7000-kDa and inactive approximately 1.4-MDa apoptosome complexes. J Biol Chem 275: 6067–6070. .
- 1998. Apaf1 (CED-4 homlog) regulates programmed cell death in mammalian development. Cell 94: 727–737. , , , , .
- 2004. Apaf1-dependent programmed cell death is required for inner ear morphogenesis and growth. Development 131: 2125–2135. , , , , , .
- 1999. Interdigital cell death can occur through a necrotic and caspase-independent pathway. Curr Biol 9: 967–970. , , , , .
- 2000. A novel enhancer of the Apaf1 apoptosome involved in cytochrome c-dependent caspase activation and apoptosis. J Biol Chem 276: 9239–9245. , , , , , .
- 1995. Signals for death and survival: a two-step mechanism for cavitation in the vertebrate embryo. Cell 83: 279–287. , .
- 1999. BMP signaling plays a role in visceral endoderm differentiation and cavitation in the early mouse embryo. Development 126: 535–546. , .
- 2004. Apoptosome inactivation rescues proneural and neural cells from neurodegeneration. Cell Death Differ 11: 1179–1191. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1951. Cell death in normal vertebrate ontogeny. Biol Rev 26: 59–86. .
- 2001. Molecular cloning and characterisation of DEFCAP-L and -S, two isoforms of a novel member of the mammalian Ced-4 family of apoptosis proteins. J Biol Chem 276: 9230–9238. , , , , , .
- 1999. Nod1, an Apaf1 like activator of caspase-9 and nuclear factor-kappaB. J Biol Chem 274: 14560–14567. , , , , , .
- 2001. Human Nod1 confers responsiveness to bacterial lipopolysaccharides. J Biol Chem 276: 2552–2554. , , , , .
- 1997. Programmed cell death in animal development. Cell 88: 347–354. , , .
- 2003. Apoptosis in uterine epithelium and decidua in response to implantation: evidence for two different pathways. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1: 44–52. , , , .
- 2001. Essential role of the mitochondrial apoptosis-inducing factor in programmed cell death. Nature 410: 549–554. , , .
- 2004. Dimerization and processing of procaspase-9 by redox stress in mitochondria. J Biol Chem 279: 15515–15523. , , , .
- 1972. Apoptosis: a basic biological phenomenon with wide- ranging implications in tissue kinetics. Br J Cancer 26: 239–257. , , .
- 1997. Cytochrome c and dATP-dependent formation of Apaf-1/caspase-9 complex initiates an apoptotic protease cascade. Cell 91: 479–489. .
- 2002. Apoptosis initiated by Bcl-2-regulated caspase activation independently of the cytochromec/Apaf-1/caspase9 apoptosome. Nature 419: 634–637. , , .
- 2002. In situ-RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry for the localisation of the alpha 3 chain of laminin and laminin- 5 during human organogenesis. Anat Embryol (Berl) 205: 355–363. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. In situ localization of PCR-amplified human and viral cDNAs. PCR Methods Appl 2: 117–112. , , , , .
- 1997. Technical advance: detection of rare RNA sequences by single-enzyme in situ reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Am J Pathol 150: 469–476. , , .
- 1994. Changes in laminin immunoreactivity as a marker for the state of liver preservation. Histochem J 26: 827–832. , , .
- 2000. Extensive glycosylation changes revealed by lectin histochemistry in morphologically normal prenatal tissues of the mouse mutant undulated (un/un). Anat Rec 258: 243–251. , , , , .
- 1999. Caspase 9 and APAF-1 form an active holoenzyme. Gene Dev 13: 3179–3184. , .
- 1998. Apaf1 is required for mitochondrial pathways of apoptosis and brain development. Cell 94: 739–750. , , .
- 1997. Apaf-1, a human homologous to C. elegans CED-4, participates in cytochrome c-dependent activation of caspase-1. Cell 90: 405–413. , , , , .