Involvement of SIP1 in positioning of somite boundaries in the mouse embryo
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 234, Issue 2, pages 332–338, October 2005
How to Cite
Maruhashi, M., Van De Putte, T., Huylebroeck, D., Kondoh, H. and Higashi, Y. (2005), Involvement of SIP1 in positioning of somite boundaries in the mouse embryo. Dev. Dyn., 234: 332–338. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20546
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2005
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan. Grant Numbers: 01062, 15570718, 16027230, 12CE2007
- University of Leuven. Grant Number: 0T/00.41
- Fund of Scientific Research-Flanders. Grant Number: FWO-U
- Interuniversity Attraction Pole Program. Grant Number: P5/35
- 2003. Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesis. Dev Cell 4: 395–406. , , , , , , .
- 2001a. Hes7: a bHLH-type repressor gene regulated by Notch and expressed in the presomitic mesoderm. Genes Cells 6: 175–185. , , , .
- 2001b. Dynamic expression and essential functions of Hes7 in somite segmentation. Genes Dev 15: 2642–2647. , , , , , .
- 1995. Transient and restricted expression during mouse embryogenesis of Dll1, a murine gene closely related to Drosophila Delta. Development 121: 2407–2418. , , , , .
- 1996. Tbx6, a mouse T-Box gene implicated in paraxial mesoderm formation at gastrulation. Dev Biol 180: 534–542. , , , , .
- 2002. Clock regulatory elements control cyclic expression of Lunatic fringe during somitogenesis. Dev Cell 3: 75–84. , , , .
- 1976. A clock and wavefront model for control of the number of repeated structures during animal morphogenesis. J Theor Biol 58: 455–476. , .
- 1995. The mouse Fgf8 gene encodes a family of polypeptides and is expressed in regions that direct outgrowth and patterning in the developing embryo. Development 121: 439–451. , .
- 2003. Periodic notch inhibition by lunatic fringe underlies the chick segmentation clock. Nature 421: 275–278. , , , , , .
- 2003. Opposing FGF and retinoid pathways control ventral neural pattern, neuronal differentiation, and segmentation during body axis extension. Neuron 40: 65–79. , , , , , .
- 2004. fgf8 mRNA decay establishes a gradient that couples axial elongation to patterning in the vertebrate embryo. Nature 427: 419–422. , .
- 2001. FGF signaling controls somite boundary position and regulates segmentation clock control of spatiotemporal Hox gene activation. Cell 106: 219–232. , , .
- 1997. Mouse Dll3: a novel divergent Delta gene which may complement the function of other Delta homologues during early pattern formation in the mouse embryo. Development 124: 3065–3076. , , , .
- 2002. Generation of the floxed allele of the SIP1 (Smad-interacting protein 1) gene for Cre-mediated conditional knockout in the mouse. Genesis 32: 82–84. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Maintenance of somite borders in mice requires the Delta homologue Dll1. Nature 386: 717–721. , , .
- 2000. Notch signalling and the synchronization of the somite segmentation clock. Nature 408: 475–479. , , , , , .
- 1997. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development 124: 2245–2254. , , , , , .
- 1997. Paired-related murine homeobox gene expressed in the developing sclerotome, kidney, and nervous system. Dev Dyn 210: 53–65. , , , , , .
- 2002. Periodic Lunatic fringe expression is controlled during segmentation by a cyclic transcriptional enhancer responsive to notch signaling. Dev Cell 3: 63–74. , , .
- 1999. New mode of DNA binding of multi-zinc finger transcription factors: deltaEF1 family members bind with two hands to two target sites. EMBO J 18: 5073–5084. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Fgf/MAPK signalling is a crucial positional cue in somite boundary formation. Development 128: 4873–4880. , , , , , .
- 2003. Transcriptional oscillation of lunatic fringe is essential for somitogenesis. Genes Dev 17: 912–925. , , , .
- 1994. Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev 8: 174–89. , , , , , .
- 1999. Two distinct subgroups of Group B Sox genes for transcriptional activators and repressors: their expression during embryonic organogenesis of the chicken. Mech Dev 84: 103–120. , , .
- 2003. Mice lacking ZFHX1B, the gene that codes for Smad-interacting protein-1, reveal a role for multiple neural crest cell defects in the etiology of Hirschsprung disease-mental retardation syndrome. Am J Hum Genet 72: 465–470. , , , , , , .