Fjx1: A notch-inducible secreted ligand with specific binding sites in developing mouse embryos and adult brain
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Developmental Neurobiology Special Issue
Volume 234, Issue 3, pages 602–612, November 2005
How to Cite
Rock, R., Heinrich, A. C., Schumacher, N. and Gessler, M. (2005), Fjx1: A notch-inducible secreted ligand with specific binding sites in developing mouse embryos and adult brain. Dev. Dyn., 234: 602–612. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20553
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2005
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. Grant Numbers: SFB487, TP B6
- 1999. Fjx1, the murine homologue of the Drosophila four-jointed gene, codes for a putative secreted protein expressed in restricted domains of the developing and adult brain. Mech Dev 80: 213–217. , , , , .
- 2001. Notch pathway: making sense of suppressor of hairless. Curr Biol 11: R217–R221. , .
- 1996. Positional information along the dorsal-ventral axis of the Drosophila eye: graded expression of the four-jointed gene. Dev Biol 173: 428–446. , .
- 2001. Four-jointed interacts with dachs, abelson and enabled and feeds back onto the Notch pathway to affect growth and segmentation in the Drosophila leg. Development 128: 3533–3542. , , , .
- 1998. Gridded genomic libraries of different chordate species: a reference library system for basic and comparative genetic studies of chordate genomes. Genomics 52: 230–232. , , , , , .
- 2002. Developmental compartments and planar polarity in Drosophila. Curr Biol 12: 1189–1198. , , .
- 2003. Mice lacking the giant protocadherin mFAT1 exhibit renal slit junction abnormalities and a partially penetrant cyclopia and anophthalmia phenotype. Mol Cell Biol 23: 3575–3582. , , , .
- 2000. Alkaline phosphatase fusion proteins for molecular characterization and cloning of receptors and their ligands. Methods Enzymol 327: 198–210. , .
- 2000. Alkaline phosphatase fusions of ligands or receptors as in situ probes for staining of cells, tissues, and embryos. Methods Enzymol 327: 19–35. , , , , , .
- 2003. A protein interaction map of Drosophila melanogaster. Science 302: 1727–1736. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Identification of new human cadherin genes using a combination of protein motif search and gene finding methods. J Mol Biol 337: 307–317. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. FAT is a component of glomerular slit diaphragms. Kidney Int 59: 1003–1012. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Expression patterns of Notch1, Notch2, and Notch3 suggest multiple functional roles for the Notch-DSL signaling system during brain development. J Comp Neurol 436: 167–181. , , , , .
- 1999. Fringe, Notch, and making developmental boundaries. Curr Opin Genet Dev 9: 434–441. .
- 1997. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development 124: 2245–2254. , , , , , .
- 2004. Notch signaling: control of cell communication and cell fate. Development 131: 965–973. .
- 2000. Notch gene expression during pancreatic organogenesis. Mech Dev 94: 199–203. , , .
- 1998. Developmental expression patterns of mouse sFRP genes encoding members of the secreted frizzled related protein family. Mech Dev 75: 29–42. , , .
- 2003. Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule development. Gene Expr Patterns 3: 595–598. , , .
- 2003. Fidelity in planar cell polarity signalling. Nature 421: 543–547. , , , , .
- 2000. Comparative analysis of the human and mouse Hey1 promoter: Hey genes are new Notch target genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275: 652–660. , .
- 2002. Mammalian fat3: a large protein that contains multiple cadherin and EGF-like motifs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290: 1260–1266. , , , .
- 2001. Identification of three novel non-classical cadherin genes through comprehensive analysis of large cDNAs. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 94: 85–95. , , , , , .
- 2002. MEGF1/fat2 proteins containing extraordinarily large extracellular domains are localized to thin parallel fibers of cerebellar granule cells. Mol Cell Neurosci 20: 563–578. , , , , .
- 1998. Dorsal-ventral signaling in the Drosophila eye. Science 281: 2031–2034. , , , , .
- 1996. Self-contained, tetracycline-regulated retroviral vector system for gene delivery to mammalian cells. J Virol 70: 62–67. , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of the rat homologue of the Drosophila fat tumour suppressor gene. Mech Dev 80: 207–212. , , , .
- 1999. Notch-mediated segmentation and growth control of the Drosophila leg. Dev Biol 210: 339–350. , .
- 2002. A secreted type of beta 1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase V (GnT-V) induces tumor angiogenesis without mediation of glycosylation: a novel function of GnT-V distinct from the original glycosyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem 277: 17002–17008. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Polarity determination in the Drosophila eye. Curr Opin Genet Dev 9: 442–446. , .
- 2004. Cleavage and secretion is not required for Four-jointed function in Drosophila patterning. Development 131: 881–890. , , , .
- 1976. The effect of growth and joint formation on bristle pattern in D. melanogaster. J Exp Zool 198: 79–95. , .
- 1995. four-jointed is required for intermediate growth in the proximal-distal axis in Drosophila. Development 121: 2767–2777. , .
- 2002. Regulation of Frizzled by fat-like cadherins during planar polarity signaling in the Drosophila compound eye. Cell 108: 675–688. , , .
- 1999. The four-jointed gene is required in the Drosophila eye for ommatidial polarity specification. Curr Biol 9: 1363–1372. , , .
- 2000. Multiple roles for four-jointed in planar polarity and limb patterning. Dev Biol 228: 181–196. , , .