Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of a two-pore domain K+ channel (TASK-1) in developing avian and mouse ventricular conduction systems
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 1, pages 143–151, January 2006
How to Cite
Graham, V., Zhang, H., Willis, S. and Creazzo, T. L. (2006), Expression of a two-pore domain K+ channel (TASK-1) in developing avian and mouse ventricular conduction systems. Dev. Dyn., 235: 143–151. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20558
- Issue online: 7 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 11 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 4 APR 2005
- NIH. Grant Numbers: HL71015, HL36059
- 2003. The TASK family: two-pore domain background K+ channels. Mol Interv 3: 205–219. , , .
- 2004. Activation of protein kinase C epsilon inhibits the two-pore domain K+ channel, TASK-1, inducing repolarization abnormalities in cardiac ventricular myocytes. J Biol Chem 279: 33154–33160. , , , , , .
- 2000. An oxygen-, acid- and anaesthetic-sensitive TASK-like background potassium channel in rat arterial chemoreceptor cells. J Physiol 525(Pt 1): 135–142. , , .
- 1999. Development of the cardiac conduction system involves recruitment within a multipotent cardiomyogenic lineage. Development 126: 5041–5049. , , , , , .
- 1997. Differential expression of PSA-NCAM and HNK-1 epitopes in the developing cardiac conduction system of the chick. Dev Dyn 209: 182–195. , .
- 1992. Persisting zones of slow impulse conduction in developing chicken hearts. Circ Res 71: 240–250. , , , , , , .
- 1997. TASK, a human background K+ channel to sense external pH variations near physiological pH. EMBO J 16: 5464–5471. , , , , , .
- 1996. ORK1, a potassium-selective leak channel with two pore domains cloned from Drosophila melanogaster by expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93: 13256–13261. , , , .
- 1985. Characterization of a myosin heavy chain in the conductive system of the adult and developing chicken heart. J Cell Biol 100: 270–275. , .
- 1995. Terminal diversification of the myocyte lineage generates Purkinje fibers of the cardiac conduction system. Development 121: 1423–1431. , , , .
- 1999. Conducting the embryonic heart: orchestrating development of specialized cardiac tissues. Trends Cardiovasc Med 9: 18–26. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal changes in the development of the chicken embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2004. Transcriptional regulation of cardiac conduction system development. Anat Rec 280: 1036–1045. , , , , , .
- 2001. Ion channels of excitable membranes. Sunderland, MA: Sinaur Associates, Inc. .
- 1991. Optical approaches to ontogeny of electrical activity and related functional organization during early heart development. Physiol Rev 71: 53–91. .
- 2004. Regulation of recombinant human brain tandem P domain K+ channels by hypoxia: a role for O2 in the control of neuronal excitability? J Cell Mol Med 8: 38–44. , , , .
- 1995. A new family of outwardly rectifying potassium channel proteins with two pore domains in tandem. Nature 24: 376, 690–695. , , , , .
- 1998. Cloning and functional expression of a novel cardiac two-pore background K+ channel (cTBAK-1). Circ Res 82: 513–518. , , , .
- 1999. TBAK-1 and TASK-1, two-pore K(+) channel subunits: kinetic properties and expression in rat heart. Am J Physiol 277(Pt 2): H1669–1678. , , .
- 2000. Localization of the tandem pore domain K+ channel TASK-1 in the rat central nervous system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 80: 99–108. , , , , .
- 1998. An open rectifier potassium channel with two pore domains in tandem cloned from rat cerebellum. J Neurosci 18: 868–877. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Mapping of human potassium channel genes TREK-1 (KCNK2) and TASK (KCNK3) to chromosomes 1q41 and 2p23. Genomics 51: 478–479. , .
- 2000. Molecular and functional properties of two-pore-domain potassium channels. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 279: F793–F801. , .
- 2000. Proton block and voltage gating are potassium-dependent in the cardiac leak channel Kcnk3. J Biol Chem 275: 16969–16978. , , , , .
- 1995. Developmentally regulated neural protein EAP-300 is expressed by myocardium and cardiac neural crest during embryogenesis. Dev Dyn 203: 51–60. , , , .
- 2001. Distribution analysis of human two pore domain potassium channels in tissues of the central nervous system and periphery. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 86: 101–114. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Gap junctional connexins in the developing mouse cardiac conduction system. Novartis Found Symp 250: 80–98; discussion 98–109, 276–279. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Development of the cardiac conduction system. Circ res 82: 629–644. , , , .
- 2003. Cardiac chamber formation: development, genes, and evolution. Physiol Rev 83: 1223–1267. , .
- 2002. Two-pore domain K+ channels-molecular sensors. Biochim Biophys Acta 1566: 152–161. , , .
- 2003. Spatiotemporal pattern of commitment to slowed proliferation in the embryonic mouse heart indicates progressive differentiation of the cardiac conduction system. Anat Rec 274: 773–777. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The TASK-1 two-pore domain K+ channel is a molecular substrate for neuronal effects of inhalation anesthetics. J Neurosci 20: 6347–6354. , , , , .
- 2000. In vivo differentiation of cadiac Purkinje differentiation by coexpression of preproendothelin-1 and endothelinconverting enzyme-1. Development 127: 3523–3532. , , , , .
- 2000. TASK-1, a two-pore domain K+ channel, is modulated by multiple neurotransmitters in motoneurons. Neuron 25: 399–410. , , , .
- 2001. CNS distribution of members of the two-pore-domain (KCNK) potassium channel family. J Neurosci 21: 7491–505. , , , , .
- 2001. Elevated expression of Nkx2.5 in developing myocardial conduction cells. Anat Rec 263: 307–313. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Organization and function of early specialised myocardium. Armonk, NY: Futura Publishing. , , .
- 2000. Origin and fate of cardiac conduction tissue. Armonk, NY: Futura Publishing. , , .
- 2000. Distribution of antigen epitopes shared by nerves and the myocardium of the embryonic chick heart using different neuronal markers. Anat Rec 260: 335–350. , , .
- 1977. The development of the conduction system in the mouse embryo heart. II. Histogenesis of the atrioventricular node and bundle. Dev Biol 56: 397–411. , .
- 1992. Cardiac expression of polysialylated NCAM in the chicken embryo: correlation with the ventricular conduction system. Dev Dyn 194: 128–141. , , .
- 1996. Eight potassium channel families revealed by the C. elegans genome project. Neuropharmacology 35: 805–829. , , .
- 1992. Whole mount in situ hybridization of vertebrate embryos. Oxford: Oxford University Press. .