Drs. Metz and Qu contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Circadian clock and cell cycle gene expression in mouse mammary epithelial cells and in the developing mouse mammary gland
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 1, pages 263–271, January 2006
How to Cite
Metz, R. P., Qu, X., Laffin, B., Earnest, D. and Porter, W. W. (2006), Circadian clock and cell cycle gene expression in mouse mammary epithelial cells and in the developing mouse mammary gland. Dev. Dyn., 235: 263–271. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20605
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 AUG 2005
- NIH. Grant Numbers: RO1CA111551, P01 NS39546, P30ES09106
- 2004. Effects of altered Clock gene expression on the pacemaker properties of SCN2.2 cells and oscillatory properties of NIH/3T3 cells. Neuroscience 127: 989–999. , , , , .
- 2003. Non-cyclic and developmental stage-specific expression of circadian clock proteins during murine spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod 69: 81–91. , , , .
- 1988. Prolactin regulation of beta-casein gene expression and of a cytosolic 120-kd protein in a cloned mouse mammary epithelial cell line. EMBO J 7: 2089–2095. , , , , .
- 1982. Diurnal rhythms in developing ducts of the mouse mammary gland. J Exp Zool 224: 115–118. , .
- 1991. Circadian rhythm of cellular proliferation in the human rectal mucosa. Gastroenterology 101: 410–415. , , , , .
- 2003. The circadian clock: pacemaker and tumour suppressor. Nat Rev Cancer 3: 350–361. , .
- 2002. The circadian gene Period2 plays an important role in tumor suppression and DNA damage response in vivo. Cell 111: 41–50. , , , , .
- 2001. Circadian rhythm of DNA synthesis and mitotic activity in tongue keratinocytes. Cell Biol Int 25: 179–183. , , , .
- 2005. Circadian regulation of cell cycle and apoptosis proteins in mouse bone marrow and tumor. FASEB J 19: 304–306. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Control mechanism of the circadian clock for timing of cell division in vivo. Science 302: 255–259. , , , , , .
- 2003. No circadian rhythms in testis: Period1 expression is clock independent and developmentally regulated in the mouse. Mol Endocrinol 17: 141–151. , , , , .
- 2001. Introduction: signaling in mammary development and tumorigenesis. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 6: 1–5. , .
- 2004. Circadian gene expression in individual fibroblasts: cell-autonomous and self-sustained oscillators pass time to daughter cells. Cell 119: 693–705. , , , , , .
- 2005. Circadian clocks: neural and peripheral pacemakers that impact upon the cell division cycle. Mutat Res 574: 76–91. , , , , .
- 2001. Molecular analysis of mammalian circadian rhythms. Annu Rev Physiol 63: 647–676. , .
- 1983. Circadian effect of ACTH 1-17 on mitotic index of the corneal epithelium of BALB/C mice. Peptides 4: 183–190. , , , .
- 2004. Expression of haPer1 and haBmal1 in Syrian hamsters: heterogeneity of transcripts and oscillations in the periphery. J Biol Rhythms 19: 113–125. , , , , , .
- 2003. Timeless in lung morphogenesis. Dev Dyn 228: 82–94. , , , , .
- 2000. Resetting central and peripheral circadian oscillators in transgenic rats. Science 288: 682–685. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Molecular analysis of mammalian timeless. Neuron 21: 1115–1122. , , , , , .