Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of synaptic vesicle two-related protein SVOP in the developing nervous system of Xenopus laevis
Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Developmental Neurobiology Special Issue
Volume 234, Issue 3, pages 802–807, November 2005
How to Cite
Logan, M. A., Steele, M. R. and Vetter, M. L. (2005), Expression of synaptic vesicle two-related protein SVOP in the developing nervous system of Xenopus laevis. Dev. Dyn., 234: 802–807. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20618
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 3 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAY 2005
- NIH. Grant Numbers: Developmental Biology Training Grant 1T32HD07491, Genetics Training Grant 07464 28, EY12274
- 1992. The synaptic vesicle protein SV2 is a novel type of transmembrane transporter. Cell 70: 861–867. , , , .
- 1993. XASH1, a Xenopus homolog of achaete-scute: a proneural gene in anterior regions of the vertebrate CNS. Mech Dev 40: 25–36. , , , , .
- 1997. The secretory protein Sec8 is required for paraxial mesoderm formation in the mouse. Dev Biol 192: 364–374. , , .
- 1992. Identification, characterization, and molecular cloning of a novel transporter-like protein localized to the central nervous system. FEBS Lett 312: 115–122. , , , , , , .
- 1999. The sec6/8 complex is located at neurite outgrowth and axonal synapse-assembly domains. J Neurosci 19: 1324–1334. , , , , , .
- 2001. The bHLH factors Xath5 and XNeuroD can upregulate the expression of XBrn3d, a POU-homeodomain transcription factor. Dev Biol 232: 327–338. , .
- 1998. SVOP, an evolutionarily conserved synaptic vesicle protein, suggests novel transport functions of synaptic vesicles. J Neurosci 18: 9269–9281. , , .
- 1999. SV2A and SV2B function as redundant Ca2+ regulators in neurotransmitter release. Neuron 24: 1003–1016. , , , , .
- 1997. Subunit structure of the mammalian exocyst complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 14438–14443. , , , , , .
- 1995. Dorsal-ventral patterning and differentiation of noggin-induced neural tissue in the absence of mesoderm. Development 121: 1927–1935. , , , .
- 1995. Conversion of Xenopus ectoderm into neurons by NeuroD, a basic helix-loop-helix protein. Science 268: 836–844. , , , , , .
- 2005. Identification of shared transcriptional targets for the proneural bHLH factors Xath5 and XNeuroD. Dev Biol (in press). , , , .
- 1996. Identification of neurogenin, a vertebrate neuronal determination gene. Cell 87: 43–52. , , .
- 2003. Mutations in the exocyst component Sec5 disrupt neuronal membrane traffic, but neurotransmitter release persists. Neuron 37: 433–447. , , , .
- 1994. Normal table of Xenopus laevis. New York: Garland Publishing, Inc. , .
- 1999. Hox11-family genes XHox11 and XHox11L2 in Xenopus: XHox11L2 expression is restricted to a subset of the primary sensory neurons. Dev Dyn 214: 34–43. , .
- 1999. X-ngnr-1 and Xath3 promote ectopic expression of sensory neuron markers in the neurula ectoderm and have distinct inducing properties in the retina. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 14996–15001. , , , , .
- 2004. The synaptic vesicle cycle. Annu Rev Neurosci 27: 509–547. .
- 1998. A Xenopus homologue of aml-1 reveals unexpected patterning mechanisms leading to the formation of embryonic blood. Development 125: 1371–1380. , , , , .
- 2002. Total arrest of spontaneous and evoked synaptic transmission but normal synaptogenesis in the absence of Munc13-mediated vesicle priming. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 9037–9042. , , , , , , .
- 2001. The exocyst complex associates with microtubules to mediate vesicle targeting and neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci 21: 3839–3848. , .
- 2000. Synaptic assembly of the brain in the absence of neurotransmitter secretion. Science 287: 864–869. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Differential distribution and developmental expression of synaptic vesicle protein 2 isoforms in the mouse retina. J Comp Neurol 460: 106–122. , , , , .