Patterns & Phenotypes
Zebrafish protocadherin 10 is involved in paraxial mesoderm development and somitogenesis
Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 2, pages 506–514, February 2006
How to Cite
Murakami, T., Hijikata, T., Matsukawa, M., Ishikawa, H. and Yorifuji, H. (2006), Zebrafish protocadherin 10 is involved in paraxial mesoderm development and somitogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 235: 506–514. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20622
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 6 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Received: 23 APR 2005
- the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan
- Life Science Foundation of Japan
- 2003. Distribution of OL-protocadherin protein in correlation with specific neural compartments and local circuits in the postnatal mouse brain. Neuroscience 117: 593–614. , , , .
- 2000. Expression of Otx homeodomain proteins induces cell aggregation in developing zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol 223: 339–353. , , , , .
- 2003. Activity and distribution of paxillin, focal adhesion kinase, and cadherin indicate cooperative roles during zebrafish morphogenesis. Mol Biol Cell 14: 3065–3081. , , , , .
- 2000. A clock-work somite. Bioessays 22: 72–83. , .
- 1987. Adhesion molecules during somitogenesis in the avian embryo. J Cell Biol 104: 1361–1374. , , , , , .
- 2002. Protocadherins. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 557–562. , .
- 1998. Molecular identification of spadetail: regulation of zebrafish trunk and tail mesoderm formation by T-box genes. Development 125: 3379–3388. , , , .
- 1999. Expression of a novel protocadherin, OL-protocadherin, in a subset of functional systems of the developing mouse brain. J Neurosci 19: 995–1005. , , .
- 1992. Cell movements and cell fate during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Suppl: 65–73. .
- 1998. The role of paraxial protocadherin in selective adhesion and cell movements of the mesoderm during Xenopus gastrulation. Development 125: 4681–4690. , , , , .
- 2000. The protocadherin PAPC establishes segmental boundaries during somitogenesis in Xenopus embryos. Curr Biol 10: 821–830. , , , .
- 1997. Regional cell movement and tissue patterning in the zebrafish embryo revealed by fate mapping with caged fluorescein. Biochem Cell Biol 75: 551–562. , , , .
- 2002. parachute/n-cadherin is required for morphogenesis and maintained integrity of the zebrafish neural tube. Development 129: 3281–3294. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. N-cadherin/catenin-mediated morphoregulation of somite formation. Dev Biol 202: 85–102. , , , , , .
- 2000. Effective targeted gene ‘knockdown’ in zebrafish. Nat Genet 26: 216–220. , .
- 2001. Vertebrate somitogenesis. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 17: 311–350. .
- 2001. Mutation of the zebrafish glass onion locus causes early cell-nonautonomous loss of neuroepithelial integrity followed by severe neuronal patterning defects in the retina. Dev Biol 234: 454–469. , .
- 1997. Developmental defects in mouse embryos lacking N-cadherin. Dev Biol 181: 64–78. , , , , , .
- 2003. The protocadherin papc is involved in the organization of the epithelium along the segmental border during mouse somitogenesis. Dev Biol 254: 248–261. , , , , .
- 1976. Mechanisms of adhesion among cells from neural tissues of the chick embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 73: 577–581. , , , , .
- 2001. The making of the somite: molecular events in vertebrate segmentation. Nat Rev Genet 2: 835–845. , .
- 1993. Protocadherins: a large family of cadherin-related molecules in central nervous system. EMBO J 12: 2249–2256. , , , , , , , .
- 1964. The problem of adhesive selectivity in cellular interactions. In: LockeM, editor. Cellular membranes in development. New York: Academic Press. p 321–434. .
- 1996. Adhesion in development: an historical overview. Dev Biol 180: 377–388. .
- 2000. Somite development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn 219: 287–303. , , .
- 1996. Protocadherins and diversity of the cadherin superfamily. J Cell Sci 109(Pt 11): 2609–2611. .
- 1977. Functional correlation between cell adhesive properties and some cell surface proteins. J Cell Biol 75: 464–474. .
- 1988. Adhesion mechanisms in embryogenesis and in cancer invasion and metastasis. Ciba Found Symp 141: 48–74. , , , , .
- 1955. Directed movements and selective adhesion of embryonic amphibian cells. J Exp Zool 128: 53–120. , .
- 1996. Developmental regulation of zebrafish MyoD in wild-type, no tail and spadetail embryos. Development 122: 271–280. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Analysis of Spemann organizer formation in Xenopus embryos by cDNA macroarrays. Dev Biol 269: 552–566. , , , , .
- 2000. The zebrafish book: a guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Eugene, OR: University of Oregon Press. .
- 2003. Cadherins as modulators of cellular phenotype. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19: 207–235. , .
- 1995. Cell mixing during early epiboly in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Genet 17: 6–15. , , .
- 2001. Identification and characterization of three members of a novel subclass of protocadherins. Genomics 76: 66–72. , .
- 1995. Fate maps of the zebrafish embryo. Curr Opin Genet Dev 5: 439–443. , , .
- 2000. Cadherin superfamily genes: functions, genomic organization, and neurologic diversity. Genes Dev 14: 1169–1180. , .
- 1998. Zebrafish paraxial protocadherin is a downstream target of spadetail involved in morphogenesis of gastrula mesoderm. Development 125: 3389–3397. , , , , , .
- 2000. Mouse paraxial protocadherin is expressed in trunk mesoderm and is not essential for mouse development. Genesis 27: 49–57. , , , , .