Functional analysis of murine CBF1 during Drosophila development
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Campos-Ortega Special Focus
Volume 235, Issue 4, pages 918–927, April 2006
How to Cite
Kaspar, M. and Klein, T. (2006), Functional analysis of murine CBF1 during Drosophila development. Dev. Dyn., 235: 918–927. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20667
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 NOV 2005
- Deutsche Forschungs-Gemeinschaft. Grant Number: SFB 572
- 1989. Transcript analysis of glp-1 and lin-12, homologus genes required for cell interactions during development of C. elegans. Cell 58: 565–571. , .
- 2000. A Notch-independent activity of suppressor of Hairless is required for normal mechanoreceptor physiology. Cell 103: 957–969. , , , , , .
- 2002. Default repression and Notch signalling: Hairless acts as an adaptor to recruit the corepressors Groucho and dCtBP to Suppressor of Hairless. Genes Dev 16: 1964–1976. , , , .
- 1997. A functional analysis of Notch mutations in Drosophila. Genetics 147: 177–188. , , , .
- 1999. The Abruptex mutations of Notch disrupt the establishment of proneural clusters in Drosophila. Dev Biol 216: 230–242. , , , , , .
- 1994. Inhibition of the DNA-binding activity of Drosophila suppressor of hairless and of its human homolog, KBF2/RBP-J kappa, by direct protein-protein interaction with Drosophila hairless. Genes Dev 8: 2491–2503. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Lateral inhibition in proneural clusters: cis-regulatory logic and default repression by Suppressor of Hairlesss. Development 132: 3333–3344. , , , .
- 1994. The wingless signalling pathway and the patterning of the wing margin in Drosophila. Development 120: 621–636. , , .
- 1998. Proneural gene self-stimulation in neural precursors: an essential mechanism for sense organ development that is regulated by Notch signalling. Genes Dev 12: 2036–2047. , .
- 1994. Cell interaction between compartments establishes the proximal-distal axis of Drosophila legs [see comments]. Nature 372: 175–179. , , .
- 2005. High resolution crystal structure of the human Notch 1 ankyrin domain. Biochem J 392: 13–20. , , , , .
- 2000. Dissecting the mechanisms of Suppressor of Hairless function. Dev Biol 227: 520–532. , .
- 2001. A model response element detects Suppressor of Hairless-dependent molecular switch. Curr Biol 11: 60–64. , .
- 1996. Subcellular localization of Suppressor of Hairless in Drosophila sense organ cells during Notch signalling. Development 122: 1673–1682. , , , , .
- 2003. Half a century of neural prepatterning: The story of a few bristles and many genes. Nature Rev Neurosci 4: 587–598. , , .
- 2003. Notch signaling in development and disease. Clin Genet 64: 461–472. , , , , .
- 1995. Masking of the CBF1/RBPJ kappa transcriptional repression domain by Epstein-Barr virus EBNA2. Science 268: 560–563. , .
- 1996. Truncated mammalian Notch1 activates CBF1/RBPJk-repressed genes by a mechanism resembling that of Epstein-Barr virus EBNA2. Mol Cell Biol 16: 952–959. , , , , , .
- 1996. Integration of positional signals and regulation of wing formation and identity by Drosophila vestigial gene. Nature 382: 133–138. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Wing disc development in the fly: the early stages. Curr Opin Genet Dev 11: 470–475. .
- 2000. Two different activities of Suppressor of Hairless during wing development in Drosophila. Development 127: 3553–3566. , , , .
- 2003. A Notch independent function of Suppressor of Hairless during the development of the bristle sensory organ precursor cell of Drosophila. Development 130: 1973–1988. , .
- 2005. Regulation of expression of Vg and establishment of the dorsoventral compartment boundary in the wing imaginal disc by Suppressor of Hairless. Dev Biol (in press). , .
- 2002. Notch: a membrane-bound transcription factor. J Cell Sci 115: 1095–1097. .
- 1998. Roles of the ankyrin repeats and C-terminal region of the mouse Notch1 intracellular region. Nucleic Acids Res 26: 5448–5455. , , .
- 2002. Keeping a good pathway down: transcriptional repression of Notch pathway target genes by CSL proteins. EMBO Rep 9: 840–845. .
- 1995. The neurogenic suppressor of hairless DNA-binding protein mediates the transcriptional activation of the enhancer of split complex genes triggered by Notch signaling. Genes Dev 9: 2598–2608. , .
- 2000. Repression by Suppressor of Hairless and activation by Notch are required to define a single row of single-minded expressing cells in the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev 14: 377–388. , .
- 2001. Transcriptional repression by Suppressor of Hairless involves the binding of a Hairless-dCtBP complex in Drosophila. Curr Biol 11: 789–792. , , , , , .
- 1992. Suppressor of Hairless, the Drosophila homolog of the mouse recombination signal-binding protein gene, controls sensory organ cell fates. Cell 69: 1199–1212. , .
- 1994. The Serrate locus of Drosophila and its role in morphogenesis of the wing imaginal discs: control of cell proliferation. Development 120: 535–544. , , , .
- 1998. Nuclear access and action of notch in vivo. Cell 93: 649–660. , .
- 2001. Identification of a novel activation domain in the Notch-responsive transcription factor CSL. Nucleic Acids Res 29: 2284–2291. , .
- 1997. The Xenopus homolog of Drosophila Suppressor of Hairless mediates Notch signaling during primary neurogenesis. Development 124: 693–702. , , .
- 1995. Dual functions of wingless in the Drosophila leg imaginal disc. Development 121: 477–488. , .
- 1994. Organization of wing formation and induction of a wing-patterning gene at the dorsal/ventral compartment boundary. Nature 368: 299–305. , , , .
- 1995. Expression of crumbs confers apical character on plasma membrane domains of ectodermal epithelia of drosophila. Cell 82: 67–76. , , , .
- 1995. Green fluorescent protein as a vital marker and reporter of gene expression in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 7036–7040. , , .
- 1989. glp-1 and lin-12, genes implicated in distinct cell-cell interactions in C. elegans, encode similar transmembrane proteins. Cell 58: 553–563. , .