Drs. Maeda and Yamagishi contributed equally to this work.
Tbx1 is regulated by forkhead proteins in the secondary heart field†
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 3, pages 701–710, March 2006
How to Cite
Maeda, J., Yamagishi, H., McAnally, J., Yamagishi, C. and Srivastava, D. (2006), Tbx1 is regulated by forkhead proteins in the secondary heart field. Dev. Dyn., 235: 701–710. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20686
This article was accepted for inclusion in Developmental Dynamics 235 #1 –Cardiovascular Special Issue.
- Issue online: 7 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 DEC 2005
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
- American Heart Association
- Pfizer Fund for Development and Growth
- Japanese Ministry of Education and Science
- 2002. Analysis of the phenotypic abnormalities in lymphoedema-distichiasis syndrome in 74 patients with FOXC2 mutations or linkage to 16q24. J Med Genet 39: 478–438. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Cre-mediated excision of Fgf8 in the Tbx1 expression domain reveals a critical role for Fgf8 in cardiovascular development in the mouse. Dev Biol 267: 190–202. , , , , , .
- 2003. Isl1 identifies a cardiac progenitor population that proliferates prior to differentiation and contributes a majority of cells to the heart. Dev Cell 5: 877–889. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Opening of compacted chromatin by early developmental transcriptional factors HNF 3 (FoxA) and GATA-4. Mol Cell 9: 279–289. , , , , , .
- 2004. Mef2c is a direct transcriptional target of ISL1 and GATA factors in the anterior heart field during mouse embryonic development. Development 131: 3931–3942. , , , , .
- 2003. GATA4 mutations cause human congenital heart defects and reveal an interaction with TBX5. Nature 424: 443–447. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Tbx1 regulates fibroblast growth factors in the anterior heart field through a reinforcing autoregulatory loop involving forkhead transcription factors. Development 131: 5491–5502. , , , , , .
- 2001. DiGeorge syndrome phenotype in mice mutant for the T-box gene, Tbx1. Nat Genet 27: 286–291. , .
- 2001. The arterial pole of the mouse heart forms from Fgf10-expressing cells in pharyngeal mesoderm. Dev Cell 1: 435–440. , , .
- 1998. The forkhead/winged helix gene Mf1 is disrupted in the pleiotropic mouse mutation congenital hydrocephalus. Cell 93: 985–996. , , , , , .
- 2001. The murine winged helix transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are both required for cardiovascular development and somitogenesis. Genes Dev 15: 2470–2482. , , , .
- 1998. The cardiac tissue-restricted homeobox protein Csx/Nkx2.5 physically associates with the zinc finger protein GATA4 and cooperatively activates atrial natriuretiv factor gene expression. Mol Cell Biol 18: 3120–3129. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Baf60c is essential for function of BAF chromatin remodeling complexes in heart development. Nature 432: 107–112. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Tbx1 haploinsufficiency in the DiGeorge syndrome region causes aortic arch defects in mice. Nature 410: 97–101. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. TBX1 is responsible for cardiovascular defects in vero-cardio-facial/DiGeorge syndrome. Cell 104: 619–629. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2001. The outflow tract of the heart is recruited from a novel heart-forming field. Dev Biol 238: 97–109. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Neural crest cells in outflow tract septation of the embryonic chicken heart: differentiation and apoptosis. Dev Dyn 212: 373–384. , , .
- 1995. MatInd and MatInspector: new fast and versatile tools for detection of consensus matches in nucleotide sequence data. Nucleic Acids Res 23: 4878–4884. , , , , .
- 1994. The gel retardation assay. In: HarwoodAJ, editor. Methods in molecular biology. Vol. 31. Protocols for gene analysis. Totowa, NJ: Human Press. p 339–347. , , .
- 2001. Tetralogy of fallot. In: AllenHD, GutgesellHP, ClarkEB, DriscollDJ, editors. Moss and Adams' Heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents including the fetus and young adult. Philadelphia: Lippincott: Williams and Wilkins. p 880–902. , , .
- 1999. Generalized lacZ expression with the ROSA26 Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet 21: 70–71. .
- 2000. A genetic blueprint of heart development. Nature 407: 221–226. , .
- 2005. Identification of a novel nuclear localization signal in Tbx1 that is deleted in DiGeorge syndrome patients harboring the 1223delC mutation. Hum Mol Genet 14: 885–892. , .
- 2002. Differential requirements for Runx proteins in CD4 repression and epigenetic silencing during T lymphocyte development. Cell 111: 621–633. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The right ventricle, outflow tract, and ventricular septum comprise a restricted expression domain within the secondary/anterior heart field. Dev Biol 287: 134–145. , , , , .
- 2004. Foxh1 is essential for development of the anterior heart field. Dev Cell 7: 331–345. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Conotruncal myocardium arises from a secondary heart field. Development 128: 3179–3188. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Apoptosis is required for the proper formation of the ventriculo-arterial connections. Dev Biol 240: 274–288. , , .
- 1994. The winged-helix transcription factor HNF-3β is required for notochord development in the mouse embryo. Cell 78: 575–588. , , , , , ,
- 2004. Tbx1 has a dual role in the morphogenesis of the cardiac outflow tract. Development 131: 3217–3227. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Role of TBX1 in human del22q11.2 syndrome. Lancet 362: 1366–1373. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Keio J Med 51: 77–88. .
- 2003. Tbx1 is regulated by tissue-specific forkhead proteins through a commom Sonic Hedgehog-responsive enhancer. Genes Dev 17: 269–281. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Unraveling the genetic and developmental mysteries of 22q11 deletion syndrome. Treneds Mol Med 9: 383–383. , .