This article was accepted for inclusion in Developmental Dynamics 235 #1 –Cardiovascular Special Issue.
Comparative analysis of mRNA and protein expression of Popdc1 (Bves) during early development in the chick embryo†
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 3, pages 691–700, March 2006
How to Cite
Torlopp, A., Breher, S. S., Schlüter, J. and Brand, T. (2006), Comparative analysis of mRNA and protein expression of Popdc1 (Bves) during early development in the chick embryo. Dev. Dyn., 235: 691–700. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20687
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 DEC 2005
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). Grant Numbers: BR1218/9-4, GRK 1048 (Organogenesis)
- 2004. Heart fields: one, two or more? Dev Biol 272: 281–285. , , .
- 1998. BMP-2 induces ectopic expression of cardiac lineage markers and interferes with somite formation in chicken embryos and heart. Mech Dev 70: 119–131. , , , , .
- 2000. Isolation and characterization of the novel popeye gene family expressed in skeletal muscle and heart. Dev Biol 223: 371–382. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Mouse Pop1 is required for muscle regeneration in adult skeletal muscle. Mol Cell Biol 22: 1504–1512. , , , .
- 2003. Molecular and functional analysis of Popeye genes. A novel family of transmembrane proteins preferentially expressed in heart and skeletal muscle. Exp Clin Cardiol 7: 99–103. , , , , , .
- 2002. Precocious expression of cardiac troponin T in early chick embryos is independent of bone morphogenetic protein signaling. Dev Dyn 225: 135–141. , , , , .
- 2002. PA comprehensive collection of chicken cDNAs. Curr Biol 12: 1965–1969, 225:135–141. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. FGF8 functions in the specification of the right body side of the chick. Curr Biol 9: 277–280. , , .
- 2003. Heart development: molecular insights into cardiac specification and early morphogenesis. Dev Biol 258: 1–19. .
- 2005. The Popeye domain containing genes. Cell Biochem Biophys 43: 1–9. .
- 2001. A role for BMP signalling in heart looping morphogenesis in Xenopus. Dev Biol 232: 191–203. , , .
- 2004. Popeye domain containing gene 2 (Popdc2) is a myocyte-specific differentiation marker during chick heart development. Dev Dyn 229: 695–702. , , , , , .
- 2001. Pitx2 expression defines a left cardiac lineage of cells: evidence for atrial and ventricular molecular isomerism in the iv/iv mice. Dev Biol 231: 252–264. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Architectural plan for the heart: early patterning and delineation of the chambers and the nodes. Trends Cardiovasc Med 14: 301–307. , , .
- 2000. Evidence that translation of smooth muscle alpha-actin mRNA is delayed in the chick promyocardium until fusion of the bilateral heart-forming regions. Dev Dyn 218: 316–330. , , .
- 2002. Morphological left-right asymmetry of Hensen's node precedes the asymmetric expression of Shh and Fgf8 in the chick embryo. Anat Embryol (Berl) 205: 343–354. , , , , .
- 2003. Evolutionary origins of the vertebrate heart: specification of the cardiac lineage in Ciona intestinalis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100: 11469–11473. , .
- 2003. A morphological and genetic characterization of metamorphosis in the ascidian Boltenia villosa. Dev Genes Evol 213: 601–611. , , , .
- 2001. Production of monoclonal antibodies against chicken Pop1 (BVES). Hybrid Hybridomics 20: 377–381. , , , .
- 1995. Induction of notochord cell intercalation behavior and differentiation by progressive signals in the gastrula of Xenopus laevis. Development 121: 3311–3321. , .
- 2000. N-Cadherin, a cell adhesion molecule involved in establishment of embryonic left-right asymmetry. Science 288: 1047–1051. , , .
- 2002. Cooperative action of Tbx2 and Nkx2.5 inhibits ANF expression in the atrioventricular canal: implications for cardiac chamber formation. Genes Dev 16: 1234–1246. , , , , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2002. Cardiac specific expression of Xenopus Popeye-1. Mech Dev 115: 123–126. , , , .
- 2002. The anterior heart-forming field: voyage to the arterial pole of the heart. Trends Genet 18: 210–216. , .
- 2003. Membrane topology of Bves/Pop1A, a cell adhesion molecule that displays dynamic changes in cellular distribution during development. J Biol Chem 278: 32872–32879. , , .
- 1995. A molecular pathway determining left-right asymmetry in chick embryogenesis. Cell 82: 803–814. , , , , .
- 2002. The function of a novel gene (Z14/Dmbves) in Drosophila oogenesis. In: 43rd Annual Drosophila Research Conference. San Diego, CA. , , .
- 2001. Sodium-calcium exchanger (NCX-1) and calcium modulation: NCX protein expression patterns and regulation of early heart development. Dev Dyn 221: 249–264. , , , .
- 2001. BMP4 plays a key role in left-right patterning in chick embryos by maintaining Sonic Hedgehog asymmetry. Mol Cell 7: 789–799. , .
- 2004. Bves expression during avian embryogenesis. Dev Dyn 229: 658–667. , .
- 1999. bves: a novel gene expressed during coronary blood vessel development. Dev Biol 209: 159–171. , , , .
- 2004. Bves function in epithelial movement during development. PhD Thesis. Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN. .
- 1996. Video-imaging assessment of initial beating patterns of the early embryonic chick heart. Jpn J Physiol 46: 465–472. , , .
- 1988. Development of cardiac beat rate in early chick embryos is regulated by regional cues. Dev Biol 129: 103–113. , , .
- 2005. Tbx20 is essential for cardiac chamber differentiation and repression of Tbx2. Development 132: 2697–2707. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Retinoic acid directs cardiac laterality and the expression of early markers of precardiac asymmetry. Dev Biol 182: 162–171. , , , , , .
- 1969. The origin of heart asymmetry: right and left contributions to the early chick embryo heart. Dev Biol 19: 109–127. .
- 2004. Developmental expression of Pop1/Bves. J Histochem Cytochem 52: 371–377. , , .
- 2001. Bves: prototype of a new class of cell adhesion molecules expressed during coronary artery development. Development 128: 2085–2093. , , .
- 2003. Epicardial/Mesothelial cell line retains vasculogenic potential of embryonic epicardium. Circ Res 92: 525–531. , , , , .
- 2004. Chick Pcl2 regulates the left-right asymmetry by repressing Shh expression in Hensen's node. Development 131: 4381–4391. , , , , , .