ETS transcription factor ER81 is required for the pacinian corpuscle development
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Campos-Ortega Special Focus
Volume 235, Issue 4, pages 1081–1089, April 2006
How to Cite
Šedý, J., Tseng, S., Walro, J. M., Grim, M. and Kucera, J. (2006), ETS transcription factor ER81 is required for the pacinian corpuscle development. Dev. Dyn., 235: 1081–1089. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20710
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JAN 2006
- Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Grant Numbers: 0021620806, 1M0021620803
- Veterans Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- 2000. ETS gene Er81 controls the formation of functional connections between group a sensory afferents and motor neurons. Cell 101: 485–498. , , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of Her2/neu promoter activity by the ETS transcription factor, ER81. J Cell Biochem 86: 174–183. , .
- 1997. Differential expression patterns of the PEA3 group transcription factors through murine embryonic development. Oncogene 15: 937–952. , , , , .
- 2003. PEA3 transcription factors are expressed in tissues undergoing branching morphogenesis and promote formation of duct-like structures by mammary epithelial cells in vitro. Dev Biol 259: 241–257. , , , , , .
- 1993. Peripheral projections of calretinin-immunoreactive primary sensory neurons in chick hindlimbs. Brain Res 622: 321–324. , , .
- 1994. Innervation of putative rapidly adapting mechanoreceptors by calbindin- and calretinin-immunoreactive primary sensory neurons in the rat. Eur J Neurosci 6: 264–271. , , .
- 1994. Lack of neurotrophin-3 leads to deficiencies in the peripheral nervous system and loss of limb proprioceptive afferents. Cell 77: 503–512. , , , .
- 2003. Neuregulins: functions, forms, and signaling strategies. Exp Cell Res 284: 14–30. .
- 1996. Lack of neurotrophin-3 results in death of spinal sensory neurons and premature differentiation of their precursors. Neuron 17: 1065–1078. , , , .
- 1998. Specification of neuronal connectivity: ETS marks the spot. Cell 95: 303–306. , .
- 2001. Neuregulin-induced association of Sos Ras exchange protein with HER2(erbB2)/HER3(erbB3) receptor complexes in Schwann cells through a specific Grb2-HER2(erbB2) interaction. Dev Neurosci 23: 25–30. , , .
- 1999. Development of mechanoreceptor numbers in embryonic chick-quail chimeras. Anat Embryol 199: 349–355. , , , , , .
- 1990. Origin of spinal cord meninges, sheaths of peripheral nerves and cutaneous receptors including Merkel cells. An experimental and ultrastructural study with avian chimeras. Anat Embryol 182: 529–537. , , .
- 2002. A role for neuregulin1 signaling in muscle spindle differentiation. Neuron 36: 1035–1049. , , , , , .
- 1994. Disruption of the neurotrophin-3 receptor gene trkC eliminates Ia muscle afferents and results in abnormal movements. Nature 368: 249–251. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Glial growth factor rescues Schwann cells of mechanoreceptors from denervation-induced apoptosis. J Neurosci 17: 6697–6706. , , .
- 2002. Formation of supernumerary muscle spindles at the expense of Golgi tendon organs in ER81-deficient mice. Dev Dyn 223: 389–401. , , , , , .
- 2003. Erbb2 regulates neuromuscular synapse formation and is essential for muscle spindle development. Development 130: 2291–2301. , , , , , .
- 1998. Functionally related motor neuron pool and muscle sensory afferent subtypes defined by coordinate ETS gene expression. Cell 95: 393–407. , , , , , .
- 2002. ETS gene Pea3 controls the central position and terminal arborization of specific motor neuron pools. Neuron 35: 877–892. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Erbb3 and erbb2 are essential for Schwann cell migration and myelination in zebrafish. Curr Biol 15: 513–524. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. The neuron-glia signal beta-neuregulin promotes Schwann cell motility via the MAPK pathway. Glia 34: 39–51. , , , , .
- 1974. The development and fine structure of Pacinian corpuscles. Anat Rec 178: 424–425P. .
- 1988. The effects of age on murine Pacinian corpuscles. In: HnikP, SoukupP, VejsadaR, ZelenáJ, editors. Mechanoreceptors: development, structure and function. New York: Plenum Press. p 289–294. .
- 2002. Beta-Neuregulin and autocrine mediated survival of Schwann cells requires activity of Ets family transcription factors. Mol Cell Neurosci 20: 154–167. , , , , .
- 2004. Role of neurotrophins and ETS factors in development of mechanoreceptors. Master's Thesis. First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. 41 pp. .
- 2004. Pacinian corpuscle development involves multiple Trk signaling pathways. Dev Dyn 231: 551–563. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Ets transcription factors: nuclear effectors of the Ras-MAP-kinase signaling pathway. Trends Biochem Sci 23: 213–216. , , .
- 2000. Cysteine-rich domain isoforms of the neuregulin-1 gene are required for maintenance of peripheral synapses. Neuron 25: 79–91. , , , , , .
- 1978. The development of Pacinian corpuscles. J Neurocytol 7: 71–91. .
- 1980. Rapid degeneration of developing rat Pacinian corpuscles after denervation. Brain Res 187: 97–111. .
- 1994. Nerves and mechanoreceptors: The role of innervation in the development and maintenance of mammalian mechanoreceptors, 1st ed. New York: Chapman and Hall. 217 p. .