Patterns & Phenotypes
Mapping ribosomal RNA transcription activity in the mouse eye
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 235, Issue 7, pages 1984–1993, July 2006
How to Cite
Qian, J., Lavker, R. M. and Tseng, H. (2006), Mapping ribosomal RNA transcription activity in the mouse eye. Dev. Dyn., 235: 1984–1993. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20827
- Issue online: 22 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAR 2006
- NIH. Grant Numbers: EY13637, EY06769
- 1970. The distribution and renewal of RNA in retinal rods. Invest Ophthalmol 9: 516–523. .
- 1989. Existence of slow-cycling limbal epithelial basal cells that can be preferentially stimulated to proliferate: implications on epithelial stem cells. Cell 57: 201–209. , , , , .
- 2004. Estimation of ribosomal RNA transcription rate in situ. BioTechniques 36: 134–138. , .
- 1990. Tritiated uridine labeling of the retina: variations among retinal quadrants, and between right and left eyes. Exp Eye Res 51: 145–152. , .
- 1975. Ribosomal RNA turnover and the level of ribonuclease activity in the liver of the pregnant rat. Biochim Biophys Acta 378: 221–229. , .
- 2003. Life on a planet of its own: regulation of RNA polymerase I transcription in the nucleolus. Genes Dev 17: 1691–1702. .
- 1982. Retinal protein synthesis in relationship to environmental lighting. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 23: 631–639. , .
- 1971. RNA synthesis in the rod cell of the rat. Invest Ophthalmol 10: 794–799. .
- 1995. Study on nucleic acid synthesis in mouse retina and retinal pigment epithelium by radioautography. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 41: 171–177. , .
- 1992. Study on RNA synthesis in the retina and retinal pigment epithelium of mice by light microscopic radioautography. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 38: 669–678. , , , , .
- 1992. A reassessment of protein synthesis by lens nuclear fiber cells. Exp Eye Res 54: 807–811. , , .
- 1976. Action of thermal injury on the half-life time and turnover of cytoplasmic RNA in the intact tissues of rats. Vopr Med Khim 22: 178–183 [in Russian] , , , , .
- 2000. Accelerated methylation of ribosomal RNA genes during the cellular senescence of Werner syndrome fibroblasts. Faseb J 14: 1715–1724. , , .
- 2004. At the crossroads of growth control; making ribosomal RNA. Curr Opin Genet Dev 14: 210–217. .
- 2002. At the center of eukaryotic life. Cell 109: 545-548. , .
- 1985. Protein synthesis in bovine and human nuclear fiber cells. Exp Eye Res 41: 569–575. , , .
- 1981. Lens differentiation in vertebrates. A review of cellular and molecular features. Differentiation 19: 134–153. .
- 1996. RNA and protein synthesis in the primate lens. Exp Eye Res 63: 121–124. , , , ,
- 1983. Cytidine metabolism in photoreceptor cells of the rat. J Cell Biol 97: 824–831. .
- 1993. Regulation of zygotic gene activation in the mouse. Bioessays 15: 531–538. .
- 2005. Local translational control in dendrites and its role in long-term synaptic plasticity. J Neurobiol 64: 116–131. , .
- 2004. Regulation of dendritic protein synthesis by miniature synaptic events. Science 304: 1979–1983. , , , .
- 1995. Study on the aging changes of DNA and protein synthesis of bipolar and photoreceptor cells of mouse retina by light and electron microscopic radioautography. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 41: 593–601. .
- 2005. Synapse formation and plasticity: the roles of local protein synthesis. Neuroscientist 11: 228–237. , , .
- 1976. Visual cells and the concept of renewal. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 15: 700–725. .