These authors contributed equally to this work.
Special Issue Patterns & Phenotypes
Tg(Afp-GFP) expression marks primitive and definitive endoderm lineages during mouse development
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Mouse Development Special Issue
Volume 235, Issue 9, pages 2549–2558, September 2006
How to Cite
Kwon, G. S., Fraser, S. T., Eakin, G. S., Mangano, M., Isern, J., Sahr, K. E., Hadjantonakis, A.-K. and Baron, M. H. (2006), Tg(Afp-GFP) expression marks primitive and definitive endoderm lineages during mouse development. Dev. Dyn., 235: 2549–2558. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20843
- Issue published online: 9 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 APR 2006
- NIH. Grant Numbers: RO1 DK52191, HL62248
- NCI. Grant Number: R24 CA88302
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Core Grant
- NCI. Grant Number: P30CA08748-41
- 1982. Expression and methylation of the mouse alpha-fetoprotein gene in embryonic, adult, and neoplastic tissues. J Biol Chem 257: 5148–5153. , , .
- 1998a. Embryonic induction of hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis during mouse development. In: Molecular and cellular biology. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University. .
- 1998b. Embryonic induction of hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis during mouse development. Cambridge, MA: Ph.D. Thesis, Harvard University. .
- 1997. Generation of monoclonal antibodies to integrin-associated proteins. Evidence that alpha3beta1 complexes with EMMPRIN/basigin/OX47/M6. J Biol Chem 272: 29174–29180. , , , .
- 2001. The functional interactions between CD98, beta1-integrins, and CD147 in the induction of U937 homotypic aggregation. Blood 98: 374–382. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Expression of transcription factor HNF-4 in the extraembryonic endoderm, gut, and nephrogenic tissue of the developing mouse embryo: HNF-4 is a marker for primary endoderm in the implanting blastocyst. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91: 7598–7602. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Indian hedgehog activates hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis and can respecify prospective neurectodermal cell fate in the mouse embryo. Development 128: 1717–1730. , , , , .
- 1978. Modulation of alphafetoprotein synthesis in the early postimplantation mouse embryo. J Embryol Exp Morphol 46: 135–146. .
- 1978. Localisation and synthesis of alphafoetoprotein in post-implantation mouse embryos. J Embryol Exp Morphol 43: 289–313. , .
- 1992. The zonal expression of alpha-fetoprotein transgenes in the livers of adult mice. Dev Dyn 195: 55–66. , , , , .
- 2005. Using a histone yellow fluorescent protein fusion for tagging and tracking endothelial cells in ES cells and mice. Genesis 42: 162–171. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Alpha-fetoprotein, the major fetal serum protein, is not essential for embryonic development but is required for female fertility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 12865–12870. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Global expression analysis of gene regulatory pathways during endocrine pancreatic development. Development 131: 165–179. , , , , , .
- 2003. Technicolour transgenics: imaging tools for functional genomics in the mouse. Nat Rev Genet 4: 613–625. , , , .
- 1994. The heat-stable antigen can alter very late antigen 4-mediated adhesion. J Exp Med 179: 1391–1395. , , , .
- 1987. Diversity of alpha-fetoprotein gene expression in mice is generated by a combination of separate enhancer elements. Science 235: 53–58. , , , , .
- 1987. The VLA protein family. Characterization of five distinct cell surface heterodimers each with a common 130,000 molecular weight beta subunit. J Biol Chem 262: 3300–3309. , , .
- 2002. Development of the endoderm and its tissue derivatives. In: RossantJ, TamPPL, editors. Mouse development. patterning, morphogenesis, and organogenesis. New York: Academic Press. p 301–330. , .
- 1999. Roles of integrins and CD44 on the adhesion and migration of fetal liver cells to the fetal thymus. J Immunol 163: 3211–3216. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Visceral endoderm mediates forebrain development by suppressing posteriorizing signals. Dev Biol 225: 304–321. , , , , , .
- 1985. Developmental regulation of a-fetoprotein genes in transgenic mice. Mol Cell Biol 5: 1639–1648. , , , .
- 2005. Imprinted X-inactivation in extra-embryonic endoderm cell lines from mouse blastocysts. Development 132: 1649–1661. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1981. Homology between the primary structure of alpha-fetoprotein, deduced from a complete cDNA sequence, and serum albumin. Nature 291: 201–205. , .
- 2001. From fertilization to gastrulation: axis formation in the mouse embryo. Curr Opin Genet Dev 11: 384–392. , , .
- 2003. A population of c-Kit(low)(CD45/TER119)- hepatic cell progenitors of 11-day postcoitus mouse embryo liver reconstitutes cell-depleted liver organoids. J Clin Invest 112: 1152–1163. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Manipulating the mouse embryo: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , , , .
- 2002. The use of quantitative image analysis in the assessment of in vitro embryotoxicity endpoints based on a novel embryonic stem cell clone with endoderm-related GFP expression. Toxicol In Vitro 16: 589–597. , , , , .
- 2006. Live imaging of fluorescent proteins in chordate embryos: from ascidians to mice. Microsc Res Tech 69: 160–167. , , , .
- 1995. Individual mouse alpha-fetoprotein enhancer elements exhibit different patterns of tissue-specific and hepatic position-dependent activities. Mol Cell Biol 15: 4947–4955. , , .
- 1986. Development of extraembryonic lineages in the mouse embryo. In: RossantJ, PedersenRA, editors. Experimental approaches to mammalian embryonic development. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. p 97–119. .
- 1997. Mouse CD24 as a signaling molecule for integrin-mediated cell binding: functional and physical association with src-kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 234: 330–334. , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of an enhancer and an alternative promoter in the first intron of the alpha-fetoprotein gene. Nucleic Acids Res 28: 3743–3751. , , , .
- 1993. Complement regulatory proteins in early human fetal life: CD59, membrane co-factor protein (MCP) and decay-accelerating factor (DAF) are differentially expressed in the developing liver. Immunology 80: 183–190. , , .
- 1999. Alpha-fetoprotein gene regulation: lessons from transgenic mice. Semin Cancer Biol 9: 109–116. .
- 1990. Role of alpha-fetoprotein regulatory elements in transcriptional activation in transient heterokaryons. Mol Cell Biol 10: 5047–5054. , .
- 2004. Active cell migration drives the unilateral movements of the anterior visceral endoderm. Development 131: 1157–1164. , , , , .
- 2002. Clonal identification and characterization of self-renewing pluripotent stem cells in the developing liver. J Cell Biol 156: 173–184. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Morphogenetic tissue movement and the establishment of body plan during development from blastocyst to gastrula in the mouse. Bioessays 23: 508–517. , , , , .
- 1998. Hex: a homeobox gene revealing peri-implantation asymmetry in the mouse embryo and an early transient marker of endothelial cell precursors. Development 125: 85–94. , , .
- 1985. The structure and regulation of the alpha-fetoprotein and albumin genes. Oxf Surv Eukaryot Genes 2: 160–206. .
- 1982. Transcriptional control of the murine albumin/alpha-fetoprotein locus during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 79: 5254–5257. , .