Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of claudins in murine tooth development
Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 1, pages 290–294, January 2007
How to Cite
Ohazama, A. and Sharpe, P. T. (2007), Expression of claudins in murine tooth development. Dev. Dyn., 236: 290–294. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21001
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 30 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2006
- 2006. Claudin 6, 9 and 13 are developmentally expressed renal tight junction protein. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol (in press). , , , , , , .
- 1997. Expression patterns of bone morphogenetic proteins (Bmps) in the developing mouse tooth suggest roles in morphogenesis and cell differentiation. Dev Dyn 210: 383–396. , , .
- 2001. Molecular structure of tight junctions and their role in epithelial transport. News Physiol Sci 16: 126–130. .
- 1997. Development of tight junctions between odontoblasts in early dentinogenesis as revealed by freeze-fracture. Anat Rec 248: 332–338. , .
- 1998. Tight junctions. J Cell Sci 111: 541–547. , .
- 2001. Overexpression of the Xenopus tight-junction protein claudin causes randomization of the left-right body axis. Dev Biol 230: 217–229. , , .
- 2000. Developmental expression of OSP/claudin-11. J Neurosci Res 60: 284–290. , , , .
- 2003. Hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF)-4alpha triggers formation of functional tight junctions and establishment of polarized epithelial morphology in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res 286: 288–297. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Localization of antigens associated with adherens junctions, desmosomes, and hemidesmosomes during murine molar morphogenesis. Differentiation 63: 1–11. , , , , , .
- 1999. Manner of interaction of heterogeneous claudin species within and between tight junction strands. J Cell Biol 147: 891–903. , , .
- 2004. Expression patterns of claudin family of tight junction membrane proteins in developing mouse submandibular gland. Dev Dyn 231: 425–431. , , , , , .
- 2005. Expression of Claudin-3 during chick development. Gene Expr Patterns 6: 40-44. , , , , , .
- 2006. Claudin profiling in the mouse during postnatal intestinal development and along the gastrointestinal tract reveals complex expression patterns. Gene Expr Patterns 6: 581–588. , , , .
- 2004. Spatiotemporal regulation of morphogenetic molecules during in vitro branching of the isolated ureteric bud: toward a model of branching through budding in the developing kidney. Dev Biol 275: 44–67. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Expression of Notch 1, 2 and 3 is regulated by epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and retinoic acid in the developing mouse tooth and associated with determination of ameloblast cell fate. J Cell Biol 130: 407–418. , , , .
- 1999. Endothelial claudin: claudin-5/TMVCF constitutes tight junction strands in endothelial cells. J Cell Biol 147: 185–194. , , , .
- 2002. Lunatic fringe, FGF, and BMP regulate the Notch pathway during epithelial morphogenesis of teeth. Dev Biol 248: 281–293. , , , , , , .
- 2002. The renal segmental distribution of claudins changes with development. Kidney Int 62: 476–487. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Simultaneous cell death and desquamation of the embryonic diffusion barrier during epidermal development. Exp Cell Res 299: 415–426. , , , , .
- 2005. Gene expression pattern of Claudin-1 during chick embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns 5: 553–560. , , .
- 2002. Claudin-based barrier in simple and stratified cellular sheets. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 531–536. , .
- 1998. Interactions between Bmp-4 and Msx-1 act to restrict gene expression to odon- togenic mesenchyme. Dev Dyn 212: 533–539. , , .
- 2001. Claudin-6: a novel tight junction molecule is developmentally regulated in mouse embryonic epithelium. Dev Dyn 222: 292–300. , .
- 2002. Permeability barrier dysfunction in transgenic mice overexpressing claudin 6. Development 129: 1775–1784. , .
- 2003. Dynamic assembly of tight junction-associated proteins ZO-1, ZO-2, ZO-3 and occludin during mouse tooth development. Histol Histopathol 18: 27–38. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Heterogeneity of claudin expression by alveolar epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 29: 62–70. , , , , , , .