Mouse Rab11-FIP4 regulates proliferation and differentiation of retinal progenitors in a Rab11-independent manner
Version of Record online: 6 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 1, pages 214–225, January 2007
How to Cite
Muto, A., Aoki, Y. and Watanabe, S. (2007), Mouse Rab11-FIP4 regulates proliferation and differentiation of retinal progenitors in a Rab11-independent manner. Dev. Dyn., 236: 214–225. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21009
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 6 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 OCT 2006
- RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan
- 2004. Neural stem cells in the mammalian eye: types and regulation. Semin Cell Dev Biol 15: 53–62. , , , , .
- 2003. ADP-ribosylation factor 6 and a functional PIX/p95-APP1 complex are required for Rac1B-mediated neurite outgrowth. Mol Biol Cell 14: 1295–1307. , , , .
- 2004. Target selectivity in EF-hand calcium binding proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta 1742: 69–79. , , .
- 2002. Rab11-FIP2, an adaptor protein connecting cellular components involved in internalization and recycling of epidermal growth factor receptors. J Biol Chem 277: 49158–49166. , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of proliferation, cell fate specification and differentiation by the homeodomain proteins Prox1, Six3, and Chx10 in the developing retina. Cell Cycle 2: 350–357. .
- 2000. p57(Kip2) regulates progenitor cell proliferation and amacrine interneuron development in the mouse retina. Development 127: 3593–3605. , .
- 2001. p27Kip1 and p57Kip2 regulate proliferation in distinct retinal progenitor cell populations. J Neurosci 21: 4259–4271. , .
- 2001. Rab23 is an essential negative regulator of the mouse Sonic hedgehog signalling pathway. Nature 412: 194–198. , , .
- 2006. Mouse Rab23 regulates Hedgehog signaling from Smoothened to Gli proteins. Dev Biol 290: 1–12. , , , , .
- 2005. Rab11-FIP3 and FIP4 interact with Arf6 and the exocyst to control membrane traffic in cytokinesis. EMBO J 24: 3389–3399. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Production of a mouse monoclonal antibody reactive with a human nuclear antigen associated with cell proliferation. Int J Cancer 31: 13–20. , , , .
- 2001. Identification and characterization of a family of Rab11-interacting proteins. J Biol Chem 276: 39067–39075. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Roles of homeobox and bHLH genes in specification of a retinal cell type. Development 128: 1313–1322. , , , .
- 2003. Arfophilins are dual Arf/Rab 11 binding proteins that regulate recycling endosome distribution and are related to Drosophila nuclear fallout. Mol Biol Cell 14: 2908–2920. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Glial cell fate specification modulated by the bHLH gene Hes5 in mouse retina. Development 127: 2515–2522. , , , , , .
- 2000. Receptor-mediated endocytosis of soluble and membrane-tethered Sonic hedgehog by Patched-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 12044–12049. , , , , , .
- 1997. Expression of Sonic hedgehog and its putative role as a precursor cell mitogen in the developing mouse retina. Development 124: 363–371. , .
- 1995. p27(Kip1) regulates cell cycle withdrawal of late multipotent progenitor cells in the mammalian retina. Dev Biol 219: 299–314. , , , , .
- 1997. Sonic hedgehog promotes rod photoreceptor differentiation in mammalian retinal cells in vitro. J Neurosci 17: 6277–6288. , , , .
- 2000. EF-hand calcium-binding proteins. Curr Opin Struct Biol 10: 637–643. , .
- 2002. Rab coupling protein (RCP), a novel Rab4 and Rab11 effector protein. J Biol Chem 277: 12190–12199. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Unique and complimentary activities of the Gli transcription factors in Hedgehog signaling. Exp Cell Res 312: 1925–1938. , , , , .
- 2003. Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retina. Dev Dyn 227: 323–334. , , , .
- 2001. Vertebrate neural cell-fate determination: lessons from the retina. Nat Rev Neurosci 2: 109–118. , .
- 2003. Molecular cloning and characterization of human RAB23, a member of the group of Rab GTPases. Int J Mol Med 12: 983–987. , , .
- 2001. The sterol-sensing domain of Patched protein seems to control Smoothened activity through Patched vesicular trafficking. Curr Biol 11: 601–607. , , , .
- 2003. The amino-terminal region of Gli3 antagonizes the Shh response and acts in dorsoventral fate specification in the developing spinal cord. Dev Biol 257: 343–355. , .
- 2002. Formation of mutually exclusive Rab11 complexes with members of the family of Rab11-interacting proteins regulates Rab11 endocytic targeting and function. J Biol Chem 277: 49003–49010. , .
- 2000. Plat-E: an efficient and stable system for transient packaging of retroviruses. Gene Ther 7: 1063–1066. , , .
- 2006. Rab11-FIP4 is predominantly expressed in neural tissues and involved in proliferation as well as in differentiation during zebrafish retinal development. Dev Biol 292: 90–102. , , .
- 2001. Prediction of the coding sequences of unidentified human genes. XX. The complete sequences of 100 new cDNA clones from brain which code for large proteins in vitro. DNA Res 8: 85–95. , , , , .
- 2005. Negative regulation of retinal-neurite extension by beta-catenin signaling pathway. J Cell Sci 118: 4473–4483. , , , .
- 2004. Hedgehog-GLI signaling regulates the behavior of cells with stem cell properties in the developing neocortex. Development 131: 337–345. , .
- 2000. Retinal stem cells in vertebrates. Bioessays 22: 685–688. , .
- 2001. Identification of a novel Rab11/25 binding domain present in Eferin and Rip proteins. J Biol Chem 276: 38966–38970. , , .
- 2003. Actin cytoskeleton remodeling during early Drosophila furrow formation requires recycling endosomal components Nuclear-fallout and Rab11. J Cell Biol 163: 143–154. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Nuclear-fallout, a Drosophila protein that cycles from the cytoplasm to the centrosomes, regulates cortical microfilament organization. Development 125: 1295–1303. , , , .
- 2002. The exosome pathway in K562 cells is regulated by Rab11. J Cell Sci 115: 2505–2515. , , .
- 2004. Sonic hedgehog, secreted by amacrine cells, acts as a short-range signal to direct differentiation and lamination in the zebrafish retina. Development 131: 3849–3858. , , , , .
- 2005. Shh directs cell-cycle exit by activating p57Kip2 in the zebrafish retina. EMBO Rep 6: 563–569. , .
- 1995. Cyclin D1 provides a link between development and oncogenesis in the retina and breast. Cell 82: 621–630. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Embryonic retinal gene expression in sonic-you mutant zebrafish. Dev Dyn 225: 344–350. , , , .
- 2004. Specification of the retinal fate of mouse embryonic stem cells by ectopic expression of Rx/rax, a homeobox gene. Mol Cell Biol 24: 4513–4521. , , , , , .
- 2002a. The novel Rab11-FIP/Rip/RCP family of proteins displays extensive homo- and hetero-interacting abilities. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292: 909–915. , , , .
- 2002b. Rab11-FIP4 interacts with Rab11 in a GTP-dependent manner and its overexpression condenses the Rab11 positive compartment in HeLa cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299: 770–779. , , , .
- 2005. Retinal ganglion cell-derived sonic hedgehog locally controls proliferation and the timing of RGC development in the embryonic mouse retina. Development 132: 5103–5113. , , , , .
- 2005. The FIP3-Rab11 protein complex regulates recycling endosome targeting to the cleavage furrow during late cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell 16: 849–860. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The Brm gene suppressed at the post-transcriptional level in various human cell lines is inducible by transient HDAC inhibitor treatment, which exhibits antioncogenic potential. Oncogene 24: 5471–5481. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Cell differentiation in the retina of the mouse. Anat Rec 212: 199–205. .
- 2001. Rab proteins as membrane organizers. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2: 107–117. , .