Patterns & Phenotypes
Crim1KST264/KST264 mice display a disruption of the Crim1 gene resulting in perinatal lethality with defects in multiple organ systems
Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 502–511, February 2007
How to Cite
Pennisi, D. J., Wilkinson, L., Kolle, G., Sohaskey, M. L., Gillinder, K., Piper, M. J., McAvoy, J. W., Lovicu, F. J. and Little, M. H. (2007), Crim1KST264/KST264 mice display a disruption of the Crim1 gene resulting in perinatal lethality with defects in multiple organ systems. Dev. Dyn., 236: 502–511. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21015
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 OCT 2006
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia. Grant Number: 301056
- Australian Research Council SRC Centre
- Australian Postgraduate Awards
- Foundation for Advanced Cancer Studies
- Merck Fellow of the Life Sciences Research Foundation
- 2004. Contributions by members of the TGFbeta superfamily to lens development. Int J Dev Biol 48: 845–856. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Histochemical staining following LacZ gene transfer underestimates transfection efficiency. Hum Gene Ther 8: 929–934. , , , , , .
- 1999. Synergistic activities of alpha3 and alpha6 integrins are required during apical ectodermal ridge formation and organogenesis in the mouse. Development 126: 3957–3968. , , , , .
- 1997. alpha3beta1 Integrin is required for normal development of the epidermal basement membrane. J Cell Biol 137: 729–742. , , , , .
- 1995. A requirement for bone morphogenetic protein-7 during development of the mammalian kidney and eye. Genes Dev 9: 2795–27807. , , .
- 2002. Chordin-like CR domains and the regulation of evolutionarily conserved extracellular signaling systems. Gene 287: 39–47. , , , , .
- 2000. Characterisation of Crim1 expression in the developing mouse urogenital tract reveals a sexually dimorphic gonadal expression pattern. Dev Dyn 219: 582–587. , , , , .
- 1996. Absence of integrin alpha 6 leads to epidermolysis bullosa and neonatal death in mice. Nat Genet 13: 370–373. , , , , , .
- 1994. Junctional epidermolysis bullosis: defects in expression of epiligrin/nicein/kalinin and integrin beta 4 that inhibit hemidesmosome formation. J Invest Dermatol 103: 31S–38S. , , , .
- 2002. CRIM1 is involved in endothelial cell capillary formation in vitro and is expressed in blood vessels in vivo. Mech Dev 119: 165–175. , , , .
- 2005. Identification of a new gene mutated in Fraser syndrome and mouse myelencephalic blebs. Nat Genet 37: 520–525. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. BMP7 null mutation in mice: developmental defects in skeleton, kidney, and eye. Exp Cell Res 230: 28–37. , , , .
- 1996. BMP 7 is required for nephrogenesis, eye development, and skeletal patterning. Ann N Y Acad Sci 785: 98–107. , , , .
- 2006. Knockdown of zebrafish crim1 results in a bent tail phenotype with defects in somite and vascular development. Mech Dev 123: 277–287. , , , , , , .
- 2000. CRIM1, a novel gene encoding a cysteine-rich repeat protein, is developmentally regulated and implicated in vertebrate CNS development and organogenesis. Mech Dev 90: 181–193. , , , , .
- 1996. Alpha 3 beta 1 integrin has a crucial role in kidney and lung organogenesis. Development 122: 3537–3547. , , , , , , .
- 2000. BMP-binding modules in chordin: a model for signalling regulation in the extracellular space. Development 127: 821–830. , , , , , .
- 2001. Defining brain wiring patterns and mechanisms through gene trapping in mice. Nature 410: 174–179. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of Crim1 during murine ocular development. Mech Dev 94: 261–265. , , , , .
- 1995. BMP-7 is an inducer of nephrogenesis, and is also required for eye development and skeletal patterning. Genes Dev 9: 2808–2820. , , , , , .
- 2003. Fraser syndrome and mouse blebbed phenotype caused by mutations in FRAS1/Fras1 encoding a putative extracellular matrix protein. Nat Genet 34: 203–208. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Roles for laminin in embryogenesis: exencephaly, syndactyly, and placentopathy in mice lacking the laminin alpha5 chain. J Cell Biol 143: 1713–1723. , , .
- 2000. Mice null for Sox18 are viable and display a mild coat defect. Mol Cell Biol 24: 9331–9336. , , , , .
- 2000. Conditional ablation of beta1 integrin in skin. Severe defects in epidermal proliferation, basement membrane formation, and hair follicle invagination. J Cell Biol 150: 1149–1160. , , , , .
- 1995. Capturing genes encoding membrane and secreted proteins important for mouse development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92: 6592–6656. , , , .
- 2005. The genetics of Fraser syndrome and the blebs mouse mutants. Hum Mol Genet 14(Spec No. 2): R269–R274. , .
- 2004. The extracellular matrix gene Frem1 is essential for the normal adhesion of the embryonic epidermis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101: 13560–13565. , , , , , .
- 2004. A direct functional link between the multi-PDZ domain protein GRIP1 and the Fraser syndrome protein Fras1. Nat Genet 36: 172–177. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Integrin beta 4 mutations associated with junctional epidermolysis bullosa with pyloric atresia. Nat Genet 10: 229–234. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Fras1 deficiency results in cryptophthalmos, renal agenesis and blebbed phenotype in mice. Nat Genet 34: 209–214. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. CRIM1 regulates the rate of processing and delivery of bone morphogenetic proteins to the cell surface. J Biol Chem 278: 34181–34188. , , , , , .