Targeted gene delivery to differentiated skeletal muscle: A tool to study dedifferentiation
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 481–488, February 2007
How to Cite
Morrison, J. I., Lööf, S., He, P., Aleström, P., Collas, P. and Simon, A. (2007), Targeted gene delivery to differentiated skeletal muscle: A tool to study dedifferentiation. Dev. Dyn., 236: 481–488. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21019
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2006
- Swedish Research Council. Grant Number: 20021937784641
- Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
- Wenner-Gren Foundation
- Åke Wibergs Foundation
- Karolinska Institutet
- 2004. The SV40 T antigen nuclear localization sequence enhances nuclear import of vector DNA in embryos of a crustacean (Litopenaeus schmitti). Gene 337: 71–77. , , , , .
- 1997. Amphibian limb regeneration: rebuilding a complex structure. Science 276: 81–87. .
- 2002. A system for stable expression of short interfering RNAs in mammalian cells. Science 296: 550–553. , , .
- 1980. High efficiency transformation by direct microinjection of DNA into cultured mammalian cells. Cell 22: 479–488. .
- 1998. Nuclear localization signals enhance germline transmission of a transgene in zebrafish. Transgen Res 7: 303–309. , .
- 1997. Import of plasmid DNA into the nucleus is sequence specific. Exp Cell Res 230: 293–302. .
- 1995. Plasmid DNA entry into postmitotic nuclei of primary rat myotubes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 4572–4576. , , , , .
- 2005. A single-cell analysis of myogenic dedifferentiation induced by small molecules. Chem Biol 12: 1117–1126. , , , .
- 2001. In vivo imaging indicates muscle fiber dedifferentiation is a major contributor to the regenerating tail blastema. Dev Biol 236: 151–164. , , .
- 1988. A monoclonal antibody against the nuclear pore complex inhibits nucleocytoplasmic transport of protein and RNA in vivo. J Cell Biol 107: 1289–1297. , , .
- 1988. Culture of newt cells from different tissues and their expression of a regeneration-associated antigen. J Exp Zool 247: 77–91. , .
- 2004. An Ambystoma mexicanum EST sequencing project: analysis of 17,352 expressed sequence tags from embryonic and regenerating blastema cDNA libraries. Genome Biol 5: R67. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1959. Microscopic observations of muscle dedifferentiation in regenerating Amblystoma limbs. Dev Biol 1: 555–585. .
- 1962. Cytological studies of dedifferentiation and differentiation in regenerating amphibian limbs. In: Regeneration. New York: Ronald Press. p 177–210. .
- 1973. Forelimb regeneration from different levels of amputation in the newt, Notophthalmus viridescens: length, rate and stages. Roux Arch Entwicklungsmech Organ 173: 263–282. , .
- 2000. Plasticity of retrovirus-labelled myotubes in the newt limb regeneration blastema. Dev Biol 218: 125–136. , , , .
- 1969. Cytological studies of muscle dedifferentiation and differentiation during limb regeneration of the newt Triturus. Am J Anat 124: 447–479. .
- 1993. Reversal of muscle differentiation during urodele limb regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90: 7230–7234. , , .
- 2001. Mammalian myotube dedifferentiation induced by newt regeneration extract. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 13699–13704. , , .
- 2006. Salamander limb regeneration involves the activation of a multipotent skeletal muscle satellite cell population. J Cell Biol 172: 433–440. , , , .
- 2000. Dedifferentiation of mammalian myotubes induced by msx1. Cell 103: 1099–1109. , , .
- 2002. Inhibition and reversal of myogenic differentiation by purine-based microtubule assembly inhibitors. Chem Biol 9: 475–483. , , , , .
- 2004. From biomedicine to natural history research: EST resources for ambystomatid salamanders. BMC Genomics 5: 54. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Myoseverin, a microtubule-binding molecule with novel cellular effects. Nat Biotechnol 18: 304–308. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Culturing satellite cells from living single muscle fiber explants. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 31: 773–779. , , , .
- 2000. The nuclear pore complex: a protein machine bridging the nucleus and cytoplasm. Curr Opin Cell Biol 12: 361–371. , .
- 2000. Gene transfer into individual muscle fibers and conditional gene expression in living animals. Cell Tissue Res 301: 397–403. , , , .
- 1997. Newt myotubes reenter the cell cycle by phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein. J Cell Biol 136: 155–165. , , , .
- 1938. The histogenesis of muscle in the regenerating forelimb of larval Amblystoma punctatum. J Morphol 62: 17–47. .
- 1996. Can insights into urodele limb regeneration be achieved with cell cultures and retroviruses? Int J Dev Biol 40: 813–816. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Nvbeta-actin and NvGAPDH as normalization factors for gene expression analysis in limb regenerates and cultured blastema cells of the adult newt, Notophthalmus viridescens. Int J Dev Biol 49: 833–842. , , , .