Patterns & Phenotypes
Loss of Fgfr3 leads to excess hair cell development in the mouse organ of Corti
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 525–533, February 2007
How to Cite
Hayashi, T., Cunningham, D. and Bermingham-McDonogh, O. (2007), Loss of Fgfr3 leads to excess hair cell development in the mouse organ of Corti. Dev. Dyn., 236: 525–533. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21026
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 OCT 2006
- NIH. Grant Numbers: DC005953, DC04661, P30 DC004661, P30 HD002274
- 2004. From placode to polarization: new tunes in inner ear development. Development 131: 4119–4130. , .
- 2006. Expression of Prox1 during mouse cochlear development. J Comp Neurol 496: 172–186. , , , , , .
- 1996. Skeletal overgrowth and deafness in mice lacking fibroblast growth factor receptor 3. Nat Genet 12: 390–397. , , , , .
- 2005. Planar cell polarity and a potential role for a Wnt morphogen gradient in stereociliary bundle orientation in the mammalian inner ear. J Neurobiol 64: 446–457. , .
- 2000. Identification of synergistic signals initiating inner ear development. Science 290: 1965–1967. , , , , .
- 2005. FGF8 initiates inner ear induction in chick and mouse. Genes Dev 19: 603–613. , , , , .
- 2002. Fgf8 and Fgf3 are required for zebrafish ear placode induction, maintenance and inner ear patterning. Mech Dev 119: 91–108. , .
- 1993. Mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the proto-oncogene int-2 have developmental defects in the tail and inner ear. Development 117: 13–28. , , .
- 2002. Fibroblast growth factor signaling regulates pillar cell development in the organ of corti. J Neurosci 22: 9368–9377. , , .
- 2003. Expression and function of FGF10 in mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn 227: 203–215. , , , , , .
- 2001. Zebrafish fgf3 and fgf8 encode redundant functions required for otic placode induction. Dev Biol 235: 351–365. , , .
- 2004. A direct role for Fgf but not Wnt in otic placode induction. Development 131: 923–931. , , , .
- 2002. Roles of fibroblast growth factors in the inner ear. Audiol Neurootol 7: 36–39. , .
- 1995. The site of action of neuronal acidic fibroblast growth factor is the organ of Corti of the rat cochlea. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 9269–9273. , , , , , .
- 2000. FGF/FGFR-2(IIIb) signaling is essential for inner ear morphogenesis. J Neurosci 20: 6125–6134. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. FGFR1 is required for the development of the auditory sensory epithelium. Neuron 35: 671. , , , , , .
- 2003. Use of mouse genetics for studying inner ear development. Curr Top Dev Biol 57: 45–83. , .
- 2005. Sprouty2, a mouse deafness gene, regulates cell fate decisions in the auditory sensory epithelium by antagonizing FGF signaling. Dev Cell 8: 553–564. , , , .
- 1989. The house mouse: Atlas of mouse development. New York: Springer-Verlag. .
- 2003. Expression of mouse fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptor genes during early inner ear development. Dev Dyn 228: 267–272. , , , , , .
- 2003. Fgf3 and Fgf10 are required for mouse otic placode induction. Development 130: 3379–3390. , .
- 2001. Hes1 and Hes5 activities are required for the normal development of the hair cells in the mammalian inner ear. J Neurosci 21: 4712–4720. , , , , , , .