Patterns & Phenotypes
Temporal and spatial expression profiles of the Fat3 protein, a giant cadherin molecule, during mouse development
Article first published online: 27 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 534–543, February 2007
How to Cite
Nagae, S., Tanoue, T. and Takeichi, M. (2007), Temporal and spatial expression profiles of the Fat3 protein, a giant cadherin molecule, during mouse development. Dev. Dyn., 236: 534–543. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21030
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 27 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2006
- Grants-in-Aid for Specially Promoted Research of the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture of Japan
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research from the Japan Society for Promotion of Science
- 2006. Time frame of mitral cell development in the mice olfactory bulb. J Comp Neurol 496: 529–543. , , .
- 1988. Mutations at the fat locus interfere with cell proliferation control and epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila. Dev Biol 129: 541–554. , , , , .
- 2004. The fat-like gene of Drosophila is the true orthologue of vertebrate fat cadherins and is involved in the formation of tubular organs. J Biol Chem 279: 24034–24043. , , .
- 2003. Mice lacking the giant protocadherin mFAT1 exhibit renal slit junction abnormalities and a partially penetrant cyclopia and anophthalmia phenotype. Mol Cell Biol 23: 3575–3582. , , , .
- 2000. Cloning and expression throughout mouse development of mfat1, a homologue of the Drosophila tumour suppressor gene fat. Dev Dyn 217: 233–240. , , , .
- 1995. Molecular cloning and tissue expression of FAT, the human homologue of the Drosophila fat gene that is located on chromosome 4q34–q35 and encodes a putative adhesion molecule. Genomics 30: 207–223. , , , , , ., , , , .
- 1979. Development of synaptic arrays in the inner plexiform layer of neonatal mouse retina. J Comp Neurol 187: 359–372. .
- 2002. Protocadherins. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 557–562. , .
- 2002. Desmosomal cadherins. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 537–545. , , .
- 2000. Regulation of cadherin adhesive activity. J Cell Biol 148: 399–404. .
- 2001. Cadherin superfamily proteins in Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster. J Mol Biol 305: 1011–1024. , , , .
- 1968a. Autoradiographic study of histogenesis in the mouse olfactory bulb. I. Time of origin of neurons and neuroglia. J Comp Neurol 134: 287–304. .
- 1968b. Autoradiographic study of histogenesis in the mouse olfactory bulb. II. Cell proliferation and migration. J Comp Neurol 134: 305–322. .
- 1974. Early ganglion cell differentiation in the mouse retina: an electron microscopic analysis utilizing serial sections. Dev Biol 37: 381–416. , .
- 1978. Early development of amacrine cells in the mouse retina: an electron microscopic, serial section analysis. J Comp Neurol 179: 277–300. , .
- 1979. Differentiation of photoreceptors and horizontal cells in the embryonic mouse retina: an electron microscopic, serial section analysis. J Comp Neurol 187: 495–511. , .
- 1983. Development of retinal amacrine cells in the mouse embryo: evidence for two modes of formation. J Comp Neurol 213: 1–23. , .
- 1973. Mitral cell development in the mouse olfactory bulb. Reorientation of the perikaryon and maturation of the axon initial segment. J Comp Neurol 151: 281–306. , .
- 2003. The cadherin superfamily in neural development: diversity, function and interaction with other molecules. Front Biosci 8: D306–355. , , .
- 2006. The Fat1 cadherin integrates vascular smooth muscle cell growth and migration signals. J Cell Biol 173: 417–429. , , , , and .
- 2001. FAT is a component of glomerular slit diaphragms. Kidney Int 59: 1003–1012. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. DLX5 regulates development of peripheral and central components of the olfactory system. J Neurosci 23: 568–578. , , , , .
- 2003. Fidelity in planar cell polarity signalling. Nature 421: 543–547. , , , , .
- 1998. Extreme diversity among amacrine cells: implications for function. Neuron 20: 971–982. , .
- 2001. The fundamental plan of the retina. Nat Neurosci 4: 877-886. .
- 1991. The fat tumor suppressor gene in Drosophila encodes a novel member of the cadherin gene superfamily. Cell 67: 853–868. , , , , , .
- 2002. Mammalian fat3: a large protein that contains multiple cadherin and EGF-like motifs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290: 1260–1266. , , , .
- 2004. Protocadherin FAT1 binds Ena/VASP proteins and is necessary for actin dynamics and cell polarization. EMBO J 23: 3769–3779. , , , , , ,
- 2002. MEGF1/fat2 proteins containing extraordinarily large extracellular domains are localized to thin parallel fibers of cerebellar granule cells. Mol Cell Neurosci 20: 563–578. , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of the rat homologue of the Drosophila fat tumour suppressor gene. Mech Dev 80: 207–212. , , , .
- 2005. Expression of mouse dchs1, fjx1, and fat-j suggests conservation of the planar cell polarity pathway identified in Drosophila. Dev Dyn 234: 747–755. , , .
- 2004. Identification of a nonchordate-type classic cadherin in vertebrates: chicken Hz-cadherin is expressed in horizontal cells of the neural retina and contains a nonchordate-specific domain complex. Dev Dyn 229: 899–906. , , .
- 2004. Mammalian Fat1 cadherin regulates actin dynamics and cell-cell contact. J Cell Biol 165: 517–528. , .
- 2005. New insights into Fat cadherins. J Cell Sci 118: 2347–2353. , .
- 2000. Cadherins in embryonic and neural morphogenesis. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 1: 91–100. , , , , .
- 2002. Regulation of Frizzled by fat-like cadherins during planar polarity signaling in the Drosophila compound eye. Cell 108: 675–688. , , .