Myocardin-related transcription factor B is required for normal mouse vascular development and smooth muscle gene expression
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 416–425, February 2007
How to Cite
Wei, K., Che, N. and Chen, F. (2007), Myocardin-related transcription factor B is required for normal mouse vascular development and smooth muscle gene expression. Dev. Dyn., 236: 416–425. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21041
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2006
- University of California, Los Angeles: Laubisch Fund
- American Heart Association. Grant Number: 0565014Y
- 1998. Serum response factor is essential for mesoderm formation during mouse embryogenesis. Embo J 17: 6289–6299. , , , , .
- 2005. Liver fibrosis. J Clin Invest 115: 209–218. , .
- 2000. Role of ductus venosus in distribution of umbilical blood flow in human fetuses during second half of pregnancy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279: H1256–1263. , , , , .
- 2003. Megakaryoblastic leukemia 1, a potent transcriptional coactivator for serum response factor (SRF), is required for serum induction of SRF target genes. Mol Cell Biol 23: 6597–6608. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Fate of the mammalian cranial neural crest during tooth and mandibular morphogenesis. Development 127: 1671–1679. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Recruitment of the tinman homolog Nkx-2.5 by serum response factor activates cardiac alpha-actin gene transcription. Mol Cell Biol 16: 6372–6384. , .
- 2004. Megakaryoblastic leukemia factor-1 transduces cytoskeletal signals and induces smooth muscle cell differentiation from undifferentiated embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem 279: 17578–17586. , , , , , .
- 1996. Hepatic specification of the gut endoderm in vitro: cell signaling and transcriptional control. Genes Dev 10: 1670–1682. , , , , , .
- 1999. Heart Development. San Diego: Academic Press. , .
- 2005. Muscle-specific signaling mechanism that links actin dynamics to serum response factor. Mol Cell Biol 25: 3173–3181. , , , , .
- 2005. Myocardin-related transcription factor B is required in cardiac neural crest for smooth muscle differentiation and cardiovascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102: 8916–8921. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The serum response factor coactivator myocardin is required for vascular smooth muscle development. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100: 9366–9370. , , , , .
- 2006. Requirement of a myocardin-related transcription factor for development of mammary myoepithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol 26: 5797–5808. , , , , .
- 2005. Defining smooth muscle cells and smooth muscle injury. J Clin Invest 115: 221–224. , .
- 2000. Morphological mechanisms for regulating blood flow through hepatic sinusoids. Liver 20: 3–7. .
- 2003. Serum response factor: toggling between disparate programs of gene expression. J Mol Cell Cardiol 35: 577–593. .
- 2003. Actin dynamics control SRF activity by regulation of its coactivator MAL. Cell 113: 329–342. , , , .
- 2005. Requirement of myocardin-related transcription factor-B for remodeling of branchial arch arteries and smooth muscle differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102: 15122–15127. , , .
- 2004. Contribution of mesothelium-derived cells to liver sinusoids in avian embryos. Dev Dyn 229: 465–474. , , , , , .
- 2006. The myocardin family of transcriptional coactivators: versatile regulators of cell growth, migration, and myogenesis. Genes Dev 20: 1545–1556. , , .
- 2001. Hepatic blood flow regulation by stellate cells in normal and injured liver. Semin Liver Dis 21: 337–349. .
- 2001. Distinct mesodermal signals, including BMPs from the septum transversum mesenchyme, are required in combination for hepatogenesis from the endoderm. Genes Dev 15: 1998–2009. , , , .
- 2003. Megakaryoblastic leukemia-1/2, a transcriptional co-activator of serum response factor, is required for skeletal myogenic differentiation. J Biol Chem 278: 41977–41987. , .
- 1992. A gene trap approach in mouse embryonic stem cells: the lacZ reported is activated by splicing, reflects endogenous gene expression, and is mutagenic in mice. Genes Dev 6: 903–918. , , .
- 2004. A public gene trap resource for mouse functional genomics. Nat Genet 36: 543–544. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Acutely altered hemodynamics following venous obstruction in the early chick embryo. J Exp Biol 206: 1051–1057. , , , , , .
- 2003. BayGenomics: a resource of insertional mutations in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res 31: 278–281. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Acute myeloid leukemia-associated Mkl1 (Mrtf-a) is a key regulator of mammary gland function. Mol Cell Biol 26: 5809–5826. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Activation of cardiac gene expression by myocardin, a transcriptional cofactor for serum response factor. Cell 105: 851–862. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Control of smooth muscle development by the myocardin family of transcriptional coactivators. Curr Opin Genet Dev 14: 558–566. , .
- 2002. Potentiation of serum response factor activity by a family of myocardin-related transcription factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 14855–14860. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Myocardin and ternary complex factors compete for SRF to control smooth muscle gene expression. Nature 428: 185–189. , , , , , .
- 2005. Molecular determinants of vascular smooth muscle cell diversity. Circ Res 96: 280–291. , .
- 2005. Embryonic development of the liver. Hepatology 41: 956–967. , .