Differential gene expression patterns in porcine nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with fetal fibroblasts and mesenchymal stem cells
Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 2, pages 435–446, February 2007
How to Cite
Kumar, B. M., Jin, H.-F., Kim, J.-G., Ock, S.-A., Hong, Y., Balasubramanian, S., Choe, S.-Y. and Rho, G.-J. (2007), Differential gene expression patterns in porcine nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with fetal fibroblasts and mesenchymal stem cells. Dev. Dyn., 236: 435–446. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21042
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2006
- BioGreen 21, Republic of Korea. Grant Number: 100052004002000
- KOSEF, Republic of Korea. Grant Number: R05-2004-000-10702-0
- 2002. Oct4 distribution and level in mouse clones: consequences for pluripotency. Genes Dev 16: 1209–1219. , , , .
- 2003. Incomplete reactivation of Oct4-related genes in mouse embryos cloned from somatic nuclei. Development 130: 1673–1680. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Isolation, characterization, gene modification, and nuclear reprogramming of porcine mesenchymal stem cells. Biol Reprod 74: 46–57. , , .
- 2003. Functional expression cloning of Nanog, a pluripotency sustaining factor in embryonic stem cells. Cell 113: 643–655. , , , , , , .
- 2000. The role of Stat3 in apoptosis and mammary gland involution. Conditional deletion of Stat3. Adv Exp Med Biol 480: 129–138. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Establishment, differentiation, electroporation, viral transduction, and nuclear transfer of bovine and porcine mesenchymal stem cells. Clon Stem Cells 7: 154–166. , , , , , .
- 2000. Analysis of gene transcription in bovine nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with granulosa cell nuclei. Biol Reprod 63: 1034–1040. , , .
- 2001. Comparison of gene transcription in cloned bovine embryos produced by different nuclear transfer techniques. Mol Reprod Dev 60: 281–288. , , , , .
- 1998. Altered imprinted gene methylation and expression in completely ES cell-derived mouse fetuses: association with aberrant phenotypes. Development 125: 2273–2282. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Conservation of methylation reprogramming in mammalian development: aberrant reprogramming in cloned embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 13734–13738. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Early embryonic culture and manipulation could affect genomic imprinting. Trends Mol Med 7: 245–246. .
- 2003. Analysis of DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase mRNA sequence and expression in bovine preimplantation embryos, fetal and adult tissues. Gene Expr Patterns 3: 551–558. , .
- 1991. Genomic imprinting and the strange case of the insulin-like growth factor receptor. Cell 64: 1045–1046. , .
- 2003. Apoptosis and in vitro development of preimplantation porcine embryos derived in vitro or by nuclear transfer. Biol Reprod 69: 501–507. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Pluripotential competence of cells associated with Nanog activity. Mech Dev 122: 67–79. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Generation of cloned mice by direct nuclear transfer from natural killer T cells. Curr Biol 15: 1114–1118. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Nuclear cloning, epigenetic reprogramming and cellular differentiation. Novartis Found Symp 265: 107–118. , , .
- 2002. Pluripotency of mesenchymal stem cells derived from adult marrow. Nature 418: 41–49. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Enhanced development of porcine embryos cloned from bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Intl J Dev Biol 50 (in press). , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Expression of apoptosis-related genes during human preimplantation embryo development: potential roles for the Harakiri gene product and Caspase-3 in blastomere fragmentation. Mol Hum Reprod 9: 133–141 , , , , .
- 2005. Development of cloned pig embryos by nuclear transfer following different activation treatments. Mol Reprod Dev 70: 308–313. , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression pattern of Oct-4 in preimplantation embryos of different species. Biol Reprod 63: 1698–1705. , , , , , .
- 1994. Igf2r and Igf2 gene expression in androgenetic, gynogenetic and parthenogenetic preimplantation mouse embryos: absence of regulation by genomic imprinting. Genes Dev 8: 290–299. , , , .
- 2006. Influence of donor cell type on the development of porcine nuclear transfer embryos. Reprod Fert Dev 18: 136. , , .
- 2002. What does Stat3 do? J Clin Invest 109: 1143–1148. , .
- 2002. Chromatin modification and epigenetic reprogramming in mammalian development. Nat Rev Genet 3: 662–673. .
- 2005. Comparative analysis of development related gene expression in mouse preimplantation embryos with different developmental potential. Mol Reprod Dev 72: 152–160. , , .
- 2003. Temporal divergence in the pattern of messenger RNA expression in bovine embryos cultured from the zygote to blastocyst stage in vitro or in vivo. Biol Reprod 69: 1424–1431. , , , , , .
- 1998. Development of early porcine embryos in vitro and in vivo. Biol Reprod 59: 451–455. , , .
- 2003. Disruption of imprinted gene methylation and expression in cloned preimplantation stage mouse embryos. Biol Reprod 69: 902–914. , , , , , .
- 2003. Quantification of histone acetyltransferase and histone deacetylase transcripts during early bovine embryos development. Biol Reprod 68: 383–389. , , , .
- 2003. The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cells. Cell 113: 635–642. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Evaluation of the quality of porcine somatic cell nuclear transfer embryo by gene transcription profiles J Reprod Dev 51: 123–131. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Allele-specific detection of nascent transcripts by fluorescence in situ hybridization reveals temporal and culture-induced changes in Igf2 imprinting during pre-implantation mouse development. Genes to Cells 6: 249–259. , , .
- 2000. Alterations of expression of developmentally important genes in preimplantation bovine embryos by in vitro culture conditions: implications for subsequent development. Theriogenology 53: 21–34. , .
- 2002. Gene expression patterns in bovine in vitro-produced and nuclear transfer-derived embryos and their implications for early development. Clon Stem Cells 4: 29–38. , , , , , .
- 2000. Quantitative expression of Oct-3/4 defines differentiation, dedifferentiation or self-renewal of ES cells. Nat Genet 24: 372–376. , , .
- 1999. DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are essential for de novo methylation and mammalian development. Cell 99: 247–257. , , , .
- 1993. Bcl-2 heterodimerizes in vitro with a conserved homology, Bax, that accelerates programmed cell death. Cell 74: 609–619. , , .
- 1999. Multilineage potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Science 284: 143–147. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Mammalian epigenomics: reprogramming the genome for development and therapy. Theriogenology 59: 21–32. , , .
- 2001. Nuclear cloning and epigenetic reprogramming of the genome. Science 293: 1093–1098. , , .
- 2002. Porcine mesenchymal stem cells: Induction of distinct mesenchymal cell lineages. Cell Tissue Res 307: 321–327. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Caspase-2 upstream of mitochondria to promote cytochrome c release during etoposide-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem 277: 29803–29809. , , , , .
- 2003. Epigenetic marking correlates with developmental potential in cloned bovine preimplantation embryos. Curr Biol 13: 1116–1121. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Reprogramming of gene expression during preimplantation development. J Exp Zool 285: 276–82. , , , .
- 2001. Expression patterns of histone deacetylases in bovine oocytes and early embryos, and the effect of their inhibition on embryo development. Zygote 9: 123–133. , , .
- 2006. Aberrant profile of gene expression in cloned mouse embryos derived from donor cumulus nuclei. Cell Tissue Res 325: 231–143. , , , .
- 2005. Phenotypic changes of adult porcine mesenchymal stem cells induced by prolonged passaging in culture. J Cell Physiol 205: 194–201. , , , , , .
- 2005. Species-dependent expression patterns of DNA methyltransferase genes in mammalian oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Mol Reprod Dev 72: 430–436. , , .
- 2002. Chromatin as a regulative architecture of the early developmental functions of mammalian embryos after fertilization or nuclear transfer. Clon Stem Cells 4: 363–377. , , .
- 2001. Effects of culture system and protein supplementation on mRNA expression in preimplantation bovine embryos. Hum Reprod 16: 893–901. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Messenger RNA expression patterns in bovine embryos derived from in vitro procedures and their implications for development. Reprod Fertil Dev 17: 23–35. , , , , , .
- 2004. Embryos derived from porcine skin-derived stem cells exhibit enhanced preimplantation development. Biol Reprod 71: 1890–1897. , , , , .