Patterns & Phenotypes
System for inducible expression of cre-recombinase from the Foxa2 locus in endoderm, notochord, and floor plate
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 4, pages 1085–1092, April 2007
How to Cite
Frank, D. U., Elliott, S. A., Park, E. J., Hammond, J., Saijoh, Y. and Moon, A. M. (2007), System for inducible expression of cre-recombinase from the Foxa2 locus in endoderm, notochord, and floor plate. Dev. Dyn., 236: 1085–1092. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21093
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2007
- NIH. Grant Number: RO1HD044157-01
- Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation
- Children's Health Research Center at the University of Utah
- 1994. HNF-3 beta is essential for node and notochord formation in mouse development. Cell 78: 561–574. , .
- 1993. The formation and maintenance of the definitive endoderm lineage in the mouse: involvement of HNF3/forkhead proteins. Development 119: 1301–1315. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Notochord patterning of the endoderm. Dev Biol 234: 1–12. , .
- 1998. The transcription factor HNF3beta is required in visceral endoderm for normal primitive streak morphogenesis. Development 125: 3015–3025. , , , .
- 2005. Endoderm development in vertebrates: fate mapping, induction and regional specification. Dev Growth Differ 47: 343–355. , .
- 1995. Transcriptional activation by tetracyclines in mammalian cells. Science 268: 1766–1769. , , , , , .
- 2005. The role of the endoderm in the development and evolution of the pharyngeal arches. J Anat 207: 479–487. , , .
- 1998. The hem of the embryonic cerebral cortex is defined by the expression of multiple Wnt genes and is compromised in Gli3-deficient mice. Development 125: 2315–2325. , , , , .
- 2000. Targeting of cre to the Foxg1 (BF-1) locus mediates loxP recombination in the telencephalon and other developing head structures. Dev Biol 222: 296–306. , .
- 1990. The novel mechanism of initiation of picornavirus RNA translation. Trends Biochem Sci 15: 477–483. , , .
- 1990. Cap-independent translation of encephalomyocarditis virus RNA: structural elements of the internal ribosomal entry site and involvement of a cellular 57-kD RNA-binding protein. Genes Dev 4: 1560–1572. , .
- 2001. The organizer of the mouse gastrula is composed of a dynamic population of progenitor cells for the axial mesoderm. Development 128: 3623–3634. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Hensen's node gives rise to the ventral midline of the foregut: implications for organizing head and heart development. Dev Biol 253: 175–188. , , , , , , , , .
- 1986. Cell fate and cell lineage in the endoderm of the presomite mouse embryo, studied with an intracellular tracer. Dev Biol 115: 325–339. , , .
- 1987. Cell fate, morphogenetic movement and population kinetics of embryonic endoderm at the time of germ layer formation in the mouse. Development 101: 627–652. , .
- 2005. Foxa2 is required for the differentiation of pancreatic alpha-cells. Dev Biol 278: 484–495. , , , , .
- 2000. Cre recombinase expression in the floorplate, notochord and gut epithelium in transgenic embryos driven by the Hoxa-1 enhancer III. Genesis 26: 121–122. , .
- 2004. Sox10-rtTA mouse line for tetracycline-inducible expression of transgenes in neural crest cells and oligodendrocytes. Genesis 40: 171–175. , , , , .
- 2003. Ablation of specific expression domains reveals discrete functions of ectoderm- and endoderm-derived FGF8 during cardiovascular and pharyngeal development. Development 130: 6361–6374. , , , , , .
- 1988. Disruption of the proto-oncogene int-2 in mouse embryo-derived stem cells: a general strategy for targeting mutations to non-selectable genes. Nature 336: 348–352. , , .
- 1993. Postimplantation expression patterns indicate a role for the mouse forkhead/HNF-3 alpha, beta and gamma genes in determination of the definitive endoderm, chordamesoderm and neuroectoderm. Development 119: 567–578. , , , .
- 1997. Wild-type endoderm abrogates the ventral developmental defects associated with GATA-4 deficiency in the mouse. Dev Biol 189: 270–274. , , .
- 2002. The Foxh1-dependent autoregulatory enhancer controls the level of Nodal signals in the mouse embryo. Development 129: 3455–3468. , , , .
- 1996. Know your neighbors: three phenotypes in null mutants of the myogenic bHLH gene MRF4. Cell 85: 1–4. , , , .
- 2006. Required, tissue-specific roles for Fgf8 in outflow tract formation and remodeling. Development 133: 2419–2433. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. HNF3beta and Lim1 interact in the visceral endoderm to regulate primitive streak formation and anterior-posterior polarity in the mouse embryo. Development 126: 4499–4511. , , , , .
- 2002. Early restriction of peripheral and proximal cell lineages during formation of the lung. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 10482–10487. , , , , .
- 2000. High-efficiency deleter mice show that FLPe is an alternative to Cre-loxP. Nat Genet 25: 139–140. , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Sequential expression of HNF-3 beta and HNF-3 alpha by embryonic organizing centers: the dorsal lip/node, notochord and floor plate. Mech Dev 44: 91–108. , , , .
- 1993. Differential expression of multiple fork head related genes during gastrulation and axial pattern formation in the mouse embryo. Development 118: 47–59. , .
- 1996. Enhancer analysis of the mouse HNF-3 beta gene: regulatory elements for node/notochord and floor plate are independent and consist of multiple sub-elements. Genes Cells 1: 59–72. , .
- 1999. Generalized lacZ expression with the ROSA26 Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet 21: 70–71. .
- 2003. Early endoderm development in vertebrates: lineage differentiation and morphogenetic function. Curr Opin Genet Dev 13: 393–400. , , .
- 2006. Building the mouse gastrula: signals, asymmetry and lineages. Curr Opin Genet Dev 16: 419–425. , , .
- 2007. Sequential allocation and global pattern of movement of the definitive endoderm in the mouse embryo during gastrulation. Development 134: 251–260. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Exploring the sequence space for tetracycline-dependent transcriptional activators: novel mutations yield expanded range and sensitivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 7963–7968. , , , , , .
- 1994. The winged-helix transcription factor HNF-3 beta is required for notochord development in the mouse embryo. Cell 78: 575–588. , , , , , ,