Patterns & Phenotypes
Diversified expression patterns of autotaxin, a gene for phospholipid-generating enzyme during mouse and chicken development
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 4, pages 1134–1143, April 2007
How to Cite
Ohuchi, H., Hayashibaral, Y., Matsuda, H., Onoi, M., Mitsumori, M., Tanaka, M., Aoki, J., Arai, H. and Noji, S. (2007), Diversified expression patterns of autotaxin, a gene for phospholipid-generating enzyme during mouse and chicken development. Dev. Dyn., 236: 1134–1143. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21119
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 FEB 2007
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT). Grant Numbers: 18022029, A01 0001
- Knowledge Cluster Initiative (MEXT)
- PRESTO (Japan Science and Technology Corporation)
- 1998. Bmp-2 downstream targets in mesenchymal development identified by subtractive cloning from recombinant mesenchymal progenitors (C3H10T1/2). Dev Dyn 213: 398–411. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Developmental expression analysis of murine autotaxin (ATX). Mech Dev 84: 121–125. , , , , .
- 2004. Microarray analysis identifies Autotaxin, a tumour cell motility and angiogenic factor with lysophospholipase D activity, as a specific target of cell transformation by v-Jun. Oncogene 23: 2357–2366. , , , , .
- 1997. Autotaxin is an exoenzyme possessing 5′-nucleotide phosphodiesterase/ATP pyrophosphatase and ATPase activities. J Biol Chem 272: 996–1001. , , , .
- 2003. Autotaxin hydrolyzes sphingosylphosphorylcholine to produce the regulator of migration, sphingosine-1-phosphate. Cancer Res 63: 5446–5453. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Phosphodiesterase-Ialpha/autotaxin (PD- Ialpha/ATX): a multifunctional protein involved in central nervous system development and disease. J Neurosci Res 82: 737–742. , , .
- 2004. Fate map of the diencephalon and the zona limitans at the 10-somites stage in chick embryos. Dev Biol 268: 514–530. , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chicken embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1995. Wnt expression patterns in chick embryo nervous system. Mech Dev 52: 9–25. , , .
- 2005. Proteolytic maturation and activation of autotaxin (NPP2), a secreted metastasis-enhancing lysophospholipase D. J Cell Sci 118: 3081–3089. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Receptor and secreted targets of Wnt-1/beta-catenin signalling in mouse mammary epithelial cells. BMC Cancer 5: 3. , , .
- 2005. Compartments and their boundaries in vertebrate brain development. Nat Rev Neurosci 6: 553–564. , .
- 2006. The N-terminal hydrophobic sequence of autotaxin (ENPP2) functions as a signal peptide. Genes Cells 11: 133–142. , , , .
- 2005. Hindbrain rhombic lip is comprised of discrete progenitor cell populations allocated by Pax6. Neuron 48: 933–947. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Boundary formation and compartition in the avian diencephalons. J Neurosci 21: 4699–4711. , , .
- 1994. Pax-6 is first expressed in a region of ectoderm anterior to the early neural plate: implications for stepwise determination of the lens. Dev Biol 162: 181–194. , , , , .
- 1995. Dorsal differentiation of neural plate cells induced by BMP-mediated signals from epidermal ectoderm. Cell 82: 969–979. , , , .
- 2000. Pax6 defines the di-mesencephalic boundary by repressing En1 and Pax2. Development 127: 2357–2365. , , .
- 2005. Isthmus organizer for midbrain and hindbrain development. Brain Res Brain Res Rev 49: 120–126. , , , .
- 2001. Autotaxin (NPP-2), a metastasis-enhancing motogen, is an angiogenic factor. Cancer Res 61: 6938–6944. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Molecular cloning, expression, and localization of a brain-specific phosphodiesterase I/nucleotide pyrophosphatase (PD-I alpha) from rat brain. J Biol Chem 269: 28235–28242. , , , .
- 2003. Identification of p2y9/GPR23 as a novel G protein-coupled receptor for lysophosphatidic acid, structurally distant from the Edg family. J Biol Chem 278: 25600–25606. , , .
- 1994. Involvement of androgen-induced growth factor (FGF-8) gene in mouse embryogenesis and morphogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 204: 882–888. , , , , , .
- 2005. Mouse phenotypes: a handbook of mutation analysis. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Press. p 104–105 , .
- 1993. Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb buds. Development 119: 247–261. , , , .
- 2006. Development: twists of fate in the brain. Nature 439: 404–405. , .
- 2007. Secretion and lysophospholipase D activity of autotaxin by adipocytes are controlled by N-glycosylation and signal peptidase. Biochim Biophys Acta 1771: 93–102. , , , , .
- 2005. Identification of autotaxin as a neurite retraction-inducing factor of PC12 cells in cerebrospinal fluid and its possible sources. J Neurochem 92: 904–914. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. NPP-type ectophosphodiesterases: unity in diversity. Trend Biochem Sci 30: 542–550. , , .
- 1992. Identification, purification, and partial sequence analysis of autotaxin, a novel motility-stimulating protein. J Biol Chem 267: 2524–2529. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Autotaxin stabilizes blood vessels and is required for embryonic vasculature by producing lysophosphatidic acid. J Biol Chem 281: 25822–25830. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Synergistic induction of tumor antigens by Wnt-1 signaling and retinoic acid revealed by gene expression profiling. J Biol Chem 277: 14329–14335. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Lysophosphatidic acid-induced neurite retraction in PC12 cells: control by phosphoinositide-Ca2+ signaling and Rho. J Neurochem. 66: 537–548. , , , , , .
- 2002. Identification of human plasma lysophospholipase D, a lysophosphatidic acid-producing enzyme, as autotaxin, a multifunctional phosphodiesterase. J Biol Chem 277: 39436–39442. , , , , , , .
- 2005. The rostral and caudal boundaries of the diencephalon. Brain Res Brain Res Rev 49: 202–210. , , , .
- 2002. Autotaxin has lysophospholipase D activity leading to tumor cell growth and motility by lysophosphatidic acid production. J Cell Biol 158: 227–233. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Autotaxin, a secreted lysophospholipase D, is essential for blood vessel formation during development. Mol Cell Biol 26: 5015–5022. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Specification of the anterior hindbrain and establishment of a normal mid/hindbrain organizer is dependent on Gbx2 gene function. Development 124: 2923–2934. , , , , , , .
- 1998. In situ hybridization. A practical approach, 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p 87–126 .
- 2005. Shh-dependent formation of the ZLI is opposed by signals from the dorsal diencephalon. Development 132: 2023–2033. .