Census of vertebrate Wnt genes: Isolation and developmental expression of Xenopus Wnt2, Wnt3, Wnt9a, Wnt9b, Wnt10a, and Wnt16
Article first published online: 13 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 5, pages 1249–1258, May 2007
How to Cite
Garriock, R. J., Warkman, A. S., Meadows, S. M., D'Agostino, S. and Krieg, P. A. (2007), Census of vertebrate Wnt genes: Isolation and developmental expression of Xenopus Wnt2, Wnt3, Wnt9a, Wnt9b, Wnt10a, and Wnt16. Dev. Dyn., 236: 1249–1258. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21156
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAR 2007
- Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Grant Number: GM08659
- Sarver Heart Center
- NHLBI of the NIH. Grant Numbers: HL63926, HL74184
- American Heart Association
- 1997. A novel human Wnt gene, WNT10B, maps to 12q13 and is expressed in human breast carcinomas. Oncogene 14: 1249–1253. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital system. Dev Cell 9: 283–292. , , , , .
- 2004. Expression analysis of chick Wnt and frizzled genes and selected inhibitors in early chick patterning. Dev Dyn 229: 668–676. , , , , .
- 1995. Murine Wnt-11 and Wnt-12 have temporally and spatially restricted expression patterns during embryonic development. Mech Dev 51: 341–350. , , , , , .
- 1998. VEGF mediates angioblast migration during development of the dorsal aorta in Xenopus. Development 125: 3905–3914. , .
- 2006. Expression patterns of Wnt genes during development of an anterior part of the chicken eye. Dev Dyn 235: 496–505. , .
- 2005. Wnt11-R, a protein closely related to mammalian Wnt11, is required for heart morphogenesis in Xenopus. Dev Biol 279: 179–192. , , , .
- 2004. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is sufficient and necessary for synovial joint formation. Genes Dev 18: 2404–2417. , , , , , .
- 1991. In situ hybridization: an improved whole-mount method for Xenopus embryos. Methods Cell Biol 36: 685–695. .
- 1993. Expression of wnt10a in the central nervous system of developing zebrafish. Dev Biol 158: 113–121. , , .
- 2003. Wnt1 and wnt10b function redundantly at the zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Dev Biol 254: 172–187. , , , .
- 1999. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet 22: 361–365. , , , , , .
- 2004. The Wnt signaling pathway in development and disease. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20: 781–810. , .
- 2005. Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish development. Genes Dev 19: 164–175. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Targeted disruption of the Wnt2 gene results in placentation defects. Development 122: 3343–3353. , , , , .
- 1998. Counting on comparative maps. Trends Genet 14: 495–501. , .
- 2005. Wnt10a is involved in AER formation during chick limb development. Dev Dyn 233: 282–287. , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin). New York: Garland Publishing. , .
- 2005. Wnt signaling in disease and in development. Cell Res 15: 28–32. .
- 2003. Mouse Wnt9b transforming activity, tissue-specific expression, and evolution. Genomics 81: 34–46. , , , , , .
- 2004. Conservation of structure and functional divergence of duplicated Wnt8s in pufferfish. Dev Dyn 231: 441–448. , , .
- 1999. Partial cloning and assignment of WNT6 to human chromosome band 2q35 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet 84: 50–52. , , , .
- 1991. Expression of two members of the Wnt family during mouse development - restricted temporal and spatial patterns in the developing neural tube. Genes Dev 5: 381–388. , .
- 1992. Diversification of the Wnt gene family on the ancestral lineage of vertebrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89: 5098–5102. .
- 2007. Wnt2 coordinates the commitment of mesoderm to hematopoietic, endothelial and cardiac lineages in embryoid bodies. J Biol Chem 282: 782–791. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Cloning and developmental expression in Xenopus laevis of seven additional members of the Wnt family. Oncogene 7: 1941–1947. , .