Drs. Pryce and Brent contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Generation of transgenic tendon reporters, ScxGFP and ScxAP, using regulatory elements of the scleraxis gene
Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Segmentation
Volume 236, Issue 6, pages 1677–1682, June 2007
How to Cite
Pryce, B. A., Brent, A. E., Murchison, N. D., Tabin, C. J. and Schweitzer, R. (2007), Generation of transgenic tendon reporters, ScxGFP and ScxAP, using regulatory elements of the scleraxis gene. Dev. Dyn., 236: 1677–1682. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21179
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2007
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation. Grant Number: 5-FY02-268
- NIH. Grant Number: P01 DK56246
- 2003. A somitic compartment of tendon progenitors. Cell 113: 235–248. , , .
- 1999. Dual role of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor scleraxis in mesoderm formation and chondrogenesis during mouse embryogenesis. Development 126: 4317–4329. , , , , .
- 2005. Conserved non-genic sequences - an unexpected feature of mammalian genomes. Nat Rev Genet 6: 151–157. , , .
- 2006. VISTA family of computational tools for comparative analysis of DNA sequences and whole genomes. Methods Mol Biol 338: 69–89. , .
- 2002. Fgf4 positively regulates scleraxis and tenascin expression in chick limb tendons. Dev Biol 247: 351–366. , , , , .
- 2004. VISTA: computational tools for comparative genomics. Nucleic Acids Res 32: W273–W279. , , , , .
- 2005. Role of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, scleraxis, in the regulation of Sertoli cell function and differentiation. Mol Endocrinol 19: 2164–2174. , , .
- 2003. Scanning human gene deserts for long-range enhancers. Science 302: 413. , , , .
- 2003. Scleraxis (Scx) directs lacZ expression in tendon of transgenic mice. Mech Dev 120: 1153–1163. , , , .
- 1992. The neural tube/notochord complex is necessary for vertebral but not limb and body wall striated muscle differentiation. Development 115: 657–672. , , , .
- 2001. Analysis of the tendon cell fate using Scleraxis, a specific marker for tendons and ligaments. Development 128: 3855–3866. , , , , , , , .