Patterns & Phenotypes
Cited1 and Cited2 are differentially expressed in the developing kidney but are not required for nephrogenesis
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 8, pages 2321–2330, August 2007
How to Cite
Boyle, S., Shioda, T., Perantoni, A. O. and de Caestecker, M. (2007), Cited1 and Cited2 are differentially expressed in the developing kidney but are not required for nephrogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 236: 2321–2330. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21242
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 2007
- NIH. Grant Numbers: R01 DK61558, P50 DK39261, T32 HD007502
- 2001. Cardiac malformations, adrenal agenesis, neural crest defects and exencephaly in mice lacking Cited2, a new Tfap2 co-activator. Nat Genet 29: 469–474. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Folic acid prevents exencephaly in Cited2 deficient mice. Hum Mol Genet 11: 283–293. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Functional role of p35srj, a novel p300/CBP binding protein, during transactivation by HIF-1. Genes Dev 13: 64–75. , , , , , .
- 2006. Role of transcriptional networks in coordinating early events during kidney development. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291: F1–F8. , .
- 2002. Human CREB-binding protein/p300-interacting transactivator with ED-rich tail (CITED) 4, a new member of the CITED family, functions as a co-activator for transcription factor AP-2. J Biol Chem 277: 8559–8565. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Physical and functional interactions among AP-2 transcription factors, p300/CREB-binding protein, and CITED2. J Biol Chem 278: 16021–16029. , , , , , .
- 2006. The cellular basis of kidney development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 22: 509–529. .
- 1990. Pax2, a new murine paired-box-containing gene and its expression in the developing excretory system. Development 109: 787–795. , , , , .
- 1998. Msg1 and Mrg1, founding members of a gene family, show distinct patterns of gene expression during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev 72: 27–40. , , .
- 2006. Gene expression in poorly differentiated papillary thyroid carcinomas. Thyroid 16: 161–175. , , , , .
- 1996. Wild-type p53 transgenic mice exhibit altered differentiation of the ureteric bud and possess small kidneys. Genes Dev 10: 836–850. , , , , , .
- 1994. Manipulating the mouse embryo: a laboratory manual. Plainview, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. xvii, 497 p. .
- 2006. CITED1 homozygous null mice display aberrant pubertal mammary ductal morphogenesis. Oncogene 25: 1532–1542. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Gene expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma reveals highly consistent profiles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 15044–15049. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. WT-1 is required for early kidney development. Cell 74: 679–691. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Expression of the c-ret proto-oncogene during mouse embryogenesis. Development 119: 1005–1017. , , .
- 2000. Mesenchymal-epithelial transition in the developing metanephric kidney: gene expression study by differential display. Genesis 27: 22–31. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Cited1 is a bifunctional transcriptional cofactor that regulates early nephronic patterning. J Am Soc Nephrol 16: 1632–1644. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. CITED1 protein expression suggests Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma in high throughput tissue microarray-based study. Thyroid 14: 169–175. , , , , , .
- 2005. Wilms' tumour: connecting tumorigenesis and organ development in the kidney. Nat Rev Cancer 5: 699–712. , .
- 2004. Cited1 is required in trophoblasts for placental development and for embryo growth and survival. Mol Cell Biol 24: 228–244. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. X inactivation in the mouse embryo deficient for Dnmt1: distinct effect of hypomethylation on imprinted and random X inactivation. Dev Biol 225: 294–303. , , , , , .
- 2006. Dissecting stages of mesenchymal-to-epithelial conversion during kidney development. Nephron Physiol 104: 56–60. , , , .
- 1996. Renal agenesis and hypodysplasia in ret-k- mutant mice result from defects in ureteric bud development. Development 122: 1919–1929. , , , .
- 2005. MSG-1 expression in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions of cutaneous and mucosal epithelium. Med Sci Monit 11: BR189–BR194. , , , .
- 2006. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J 25: 5214–5228. , , , , , , .
- 2006. The transcriptional activity of CITED1 is regulated by phosphorylation in a cell cycle-dependent manner. J Biol Chem 281: 27426–27435. , , , , , .
- 1997. MSG1 and its related protein MRG1 share a transcription activating domain. Gene 204: 235–241. , , .
- 2006. Large-scale identification of genes implicated in kidney glomerulus development and function. EMBO J 25: 1160–1174. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Pax-2 controls multiple steps of urogenital development. Development 121: 4057–4065. , , , .
- 2005. Cited2 is required both for heart morphogenesis and establishment of the left-right axis in mouse development. Development 132: 1337–1348. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Loss of Cited2 affects trophoblast formation and vascularization of the mouse placenta. Dev Biol 294: 67–82. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Six1 is required for the early organogenesis of mammalian kidney. Development 130: 3085–3094. , , , , , .
- 2001. Selective coactivation of estrogen-dependent transcription by CITED1 CBP/p300-binding protein. Genes Dev 15: 2598–2612. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Cloning of mouse Cited4, a member of the CITED family p300/CBP-binding transcriptional coactivators: induced expression in mammary epithelial cells. Genomics 80: 601–613. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Recent genetic studies of mouse kidney development. Curr Opin Genet Dev 14: 550–557. , , .